Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill

I got to hand it to the finheaven regulars...

They crack me up EVERY time.

There actually EXISTS a person who thinks that getting rid of RT is about tanking the season.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I got to hand it to the finheaven regulars...

They crack me up EVERY time.

There actually EXISTS a person who thinks that getting rid of RT is about tanking the season.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Exactly...if we wanted to tank the season we'd keep him!

See my post again....I added to it and put in the disclaimer for those who aren't hip to sarcasm.

I just caught the edit:

I knew it was sarcasm, not everyone is a comedian ......a fool would of taken that bet.

At least your smart enough to know he's not going to slide from starting an NFL team into the AAF.

That will be for young desperate cut NFL players on the fringe. Ryan is not even in that ball park even though you felt good saying it.

Ryan Tannehill would make an excellent backup QB and many teams could be interested. However, none would be interested in paying him $18.75M for that role. Miami knows that it will probably have to take the dead money cap hit. The irony in this is that a team with an established veteran QB may end up being able to snap up Tannehill for around say $8M and get a quality guy with veteran experience as a backup.

This sounds crazy! But it makes a lot of sense for Gase to bring him in as a backup for his offense.

There aren't enough psychiatrists in the world to help Dolphin fans get over Ryan succeeding in NY if that were to happen. Even if he stepped in and won a few games.:nah:

There aren't enough psychiatrists in the world to help Dolphin fans get over Ryan succeeding in NY if that were to happen. Even if he stepped in and won a few games.:nah:

Meh, he won a few games in miami too, not going to change who he is. Doubt Gase wants to even look in "that guys" direction, so really a bad hypothetical all the way around.

Meh, he won a few games in miami too, not going to change who he is. Doubt Gase wants to even look in "that guys" direction, so really a bad hypothetical all the way around.

Just to help you out, common sense says the Jets have their starting QB, win a few games = come in off the bench.

As I said common sense isn't common.

I think something happened around the third or fourth game last year that broke the relationship between Gase and Tannehill. I never could determine exactly what it was.

I suspect that Tannehill misrepresented his physical condition to Gase. I'm not talking about a "it's not that bad" kind of a thing an aggressive player says to stay in the game. I'm talking about something like " my shoulder is all better or it isn't effecting my game" when it clearly is. Lying to your coach is always a deal breaker in the NFL.

I also suspect he was regressing in his ability to read the defense after being away for a long period of time. With the free time he had available he should have been able to study and improve that aspect of his game.

Gase is a coach who will work with you up to the point the player becomes more of a problem than an asset. We saw this with AJ, who wanted to run his way and not follow the play or games situational requirements. I think we saw it with RT when he compounded his lack of availability with what I believe was a reversal of intellectual growth.

It will be interesting to see the results of how the front office handles RT's situation. My best guess is his contract is too big to dump and too big to allow for a trade. We are likely to have him on the roster this season. If that's the case, I suspect we will use him along with some of the other QB's already on our roster.

This may be the biggest challenge our new coaching staff needs to deal with, since I think it is unlikely we bring in a new QB this season due to our financial situation combined with all the other areas where our new coaching staff determines we need new players.

Gase's comments around that time suggested he was starting to distance himself from Tannehill. I actually think it was after the road NE game where Tannehill was absolutely atrocious. Gase was saying in his press conference that receivers were open.

I think Ross was done with Tannehill after he blew out his knee in 2017 training camp. It's one thing for an unfortunate injury to happen, it's another to magnify the effect of the injury due to poor decisions in rehabbing it.

I would be surprised if we got anything for Tannehill in return. All this time the realist knew Tannehill was never highly thought of around the league and the Tannehill lovers refused to acknowledge/accept this. We are about to find out what the league really thinks of Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom