Dolphins Fans Raise $1,500 To Fly "Fire Jeff Ireland" Banner Over Jets Game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fans Raise $1,500 To Fly "Fire Jeff Ireland" Banner Over Jets Game

The Fire Ireland banner is a hilarious idea, and regardless of how you may feel it is a success story of getting media exposure to a fan site.

That said, WAY more interesting than the idea or the actual execution of it is the response to it. The media loves stories like this, so they are running with it. Rival sites are jealous and are decrying it. Fans are either annoyed at it, supporting it because they think Ireland should be fired, or (in most cases) not friends of the group of guys doing it so they think it is simply a funny idea that won't have any real impact but is fun fan entertainment nonetheless.

Either way, it did its job already of getting more traffic to the website. Congrats to Vaark (I think it's Vaark...twitter handle is the same character), and Chris Joseph.

There go people talking about charity. Well the people who organized this also organized donations for a canned food drive to donate to feeding south florida. Bet you all didn't know that and won't read that in the media.

Dolphins fans are sick of the same-old, same-old. 0 Playoff wins, 1 appearance in 10 years. 2 winning seasons in 8. The first time we've had 3 straight losing seasons since the AFL. During this stretch we've had our 3 worst records since the AFL (2004, 2007 and now 2011). At least fans are finally letting it be known on a grand scale.

The Fire Ireland banner is a hilarious idea, and regardless of how you may feel it is a success story of getting media exposure to a fan site.

That said, WAY more interesting than the idea or the actual execution of it is the response to it. The media loves stories like this, so they are running with it. Rival sites are jealous and are decrying it. Fans are either annoyed at it, supporting it because they think Ireland should be fired, or (in most cases) not friends of the group of guys doing it so they think it is simply a funny idea that won't have any real impact but is fun fan entertainment nonetheless.

Either way, it did its job already of getting more traffic to the website. Congrats to Vaark (I think it's Vaark...twitter handle is the same character), and Chris Joseph.

Trust me. I know the people involved very well. I've hung out with them several times, I go to one of their houses most weekends to watch Fins games. Driving traffic to the site wasn't really a big motivation for this stunt.

And no, Roger Paul is not Vaark. Though it's a weird coincidence that Roger's got a blue aardvark as his twitter avatar, lol.

i think they would catch more attention if season ticket renewals plummeted.

They were down 16,000 this year alone. Reports were before our first home when the boo's really got to Ross. I wouldn't doubt he already knows of the banner! The club is currently trying to attract the cooperate advertising dollars for next year, and a pissed of fan base draws attention!

if jeff ireland asking dez bryant if his mom was a prostitute wasnt enough to fire him than this wont help at all. That alone should have gotten him fired. I think that alone brought bad karma to the dolphins and the reason for the 0-7 start. Look how much talent is on this team, an 0-7 start should have never even come close to happening.

plenty of reasons for Ireland to go but IMO that ain't one of em

Public Record: Mama is a crack ho
Public Record: Mama was an incarcerated felon
Dez: "My mama worked for my daddy who was a pimp"

Jeff: "So she was his tax accountant?"

Ridiculous overblown reaction to the knowledge the league had causing Dez to drop as low as he went. Not even calling, but asking if a crackhead who worked for your pimp daddy was a ho is not a fireable offense! It's not like you were leaping to conclusions with Mother Theresa.

I put $15 towards the cause. Try and tell me a better way to spend $15, you can't. It won't get Ireland fired but it will make a statement.

The Dolphins are 28th in attendance this season, the lowest ever...usually they are around Top 15 including last season. Attendance and season tickets have already dropped off big time.

Vaark, Not that I think he should have been fired for stating the obvious to Dez, or asking, or whatever really happened. BUT, this controversy reflected to me, a person who cannot judge people, he is a manager and he can't figure out what not to say. Also, where is the QB, and Daboll, really Daboll!!!! If the Dolphins keep this guy, well this is what I think below. Oh and the banner plane to me, is hilarious, the fans are fed up and done with every stinking rotten Tuna Can laying around. I would prefer a total organizational enema, not players, but coaches and management etc. rather than trying to salvage the gangrenous management style that is Irelands'.

Yes Mr Ross, you know real estate, but losers do average losers. The Fins had Ireland, Sporano, so lets "average down' with Daboll, and just in case lets add some Columbo. :D

The Ever Ranting VIPER

clear.gif

So did they take money from a charity to fund this, cause thats how some people seem to be reacting to this. It is not status quo for all unspent money to be given directly to charities, so they really don't have a goddam thing to do with this. If people want to spend money like idiots, thats their problem, but don't act like the opportunity cost is hundrends starving in Africa. Its more like a couple less xbox's for christmas.

It's actually kind of wierd that it takes such a small amount of money to make such a spectacle. When it comes to hire a new GM, these guys are gonna know our fans were writing their hatred for the last guy in the sky. I'm not saying this will impact any actual decisions, but there are a lot of nutballs out there that can afford this price tag on their own. I'll be interested to see what nonsense (if any) will be flying over our stadium in the coming weeks.

I'm going to this game and I can't wait to laugh my *** of if i see this banner

You guys really want to make an impact - Do what Giants fans did back in the 70's - Not only did they hire a plane to tow around a banner but they stayed out in the parking lot on game day burning their tickets in barrel drums. Not only did it get a lot of media coverage - IT WORKED! - Management had no choice but to take notice and change the organization.

Back
Top Bottom