Dolphins Fans Raise $1,500 To Fly "Fire Jeff Ireland" Banner Over Jets Game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fans Raise $1,500 To Fly "Fire Jeff Ireland" Banner Over Jets Game

Nice. Active fans who give a damn and are willing to put something out there to inspire change. Let Ross see money being spent but not going to him.

Those of you criticizing people for expressing their opinions might want to spend more time censoring your own worthless opinions and keep your mouths shut. You're embarrassing.

Eff that. Ross sees people spending their money down on South Beach at the AAA to see LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

The people who paid for this crap are probably the same group of goobers who paid for that crop duster to fly over Sun Life with a banner to fire Randy Shannon. And I guarantee that those people are at the stadium, paying $30 to park, buying a new shirt that they like, buying tickets, buying concessions, and running around telling everyone they don't know, "Hey, I helped get that plane in the air with a couple of bucks. Look at me."

I'm not a big fan of Stephen Ross, never really hopped on board with the Sparano hiring, wasn't a big fan of Parcells late in his career, and I don't really hold a concrete opinion of Jeff Ireland at this point. I just can't really make Ireland out for some reason.

If these people want to spend money to fly a plane, then that's them. I just don't see Ross looking up in the sky and being influenced by a bunch of fans that he knows nothing about. Again, I'm not a big fan of Mr. Ross, but I do know that he's not a dumb person. He didn't make billions of dollars by letting other people who know less than him make big boy decisions. Personally, I feel that Ross doesn't know as much as he should about the game of football and in my eyes he's a poor man's Jerry Jones, but he knows what he's looking for in someone that does know the ins and outs of professional football.

Eff that. Ross sees people spending their money down on South Beach at the AAA to see LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

The people who paid for this crap are probably the same group of goobers who paid for that crop duster to fly over Sun Life with a banner to fire Randy Shannon. And I guarantee that those people are at the stadium, paying $30 to park, buying a new shirt that they like, buying tickets, buying concessions, and running around telling everyone they don't know, "Hey, I helped get that plane in the air with a couple of bucks. Look at me."

I'm not a big fan of Stephen Ross, never really hopped on board with the Sparano hiring, wasn't a big fan of Parcells late in his career, and I don't really hold a concrete opinion of Jeff Ireland at this point. I just can't really make Ireland out for some reason.

If these people want to spend money to fly a plane, then that's them. I just don't see Ross looking up in the sky and being influenced by a bunch of fans that he knows nothing about. Again, I'm not a big fan of Mr. Ross, but I do know that he's not a dumb person. He didn't make billions of dollars by letting other people who know less than him make big boy decisions. Personally, I feel that Ross doesn't know as much as he should about the game of football and in my eyes he's a poor man's Jerry Jones, but he knows what he's looking for in someone that does know the ins and outs of professional football.
Ross seems above all to be image conscious. A giant sign flying overhead criticizing him strikes at that. I just don't see anything negative about this. Let the ****ers spend their money however they want. I prefer seeing them do something they believe in than buying a Henne jersey because incompetents sold them on his being the future. You're a fan of the team and don't like Ireland, hiring a plane to say that means more than bitching about it on a forum with the rest of us. I'm too jaded to get into these idle gestures myself, but I don't discredit them. If I did believe in them, I probably would have hired a "Fire Shannon" crop duster of my own to follow Randy around all day.

Ross seems above all to be image conscious. A giant sign flying overhead criticizing him strikes at that. I just don't see anything negative about this. Let the ****ers spend their money however they want. I prefer seeing them do something they believe in than buying a Henne jersey because incompetents sold them on his being the future. You're a fan of the team and don't like Ireland, hiring a plane to say that means more than bitching about it on a forum with the rest of us. I'm too jaded to get into these idle gestures myself, but I don't discredit them. If I did believe in them, I probably would have hired a "Fire Shannon" crop duster of my own to follow Randy around all day.

I definitely agree to let them spend how they wish. I just think it's a waste personally. I'm all for voicing your opinion...I'm just not up for investing cash to do so. Ross...yeah, I can kinda see where he'd be image conscious but he just doesn't do enough about it. He seems to have focused all of his efforts in doing this and that to the stadium, bringing in all of these celebrity owners (that I think we DO need to a degree because of the city of Miami), this new waterpark and real estate around the stadium but...he hasn't done much to improve what he's putting ON the field. I think he let Sparano, Ireland, and Parcells hang around for too long. He was obviously thinking these guys could handle the football operations side of it and he could just go any worry about everything else. I don't think he expected it to flop the way it did. None of it did. But you have to recognize and react a lot faster than he did if you want to keep up in this league.

no matter how it was gathered, $1500 could have been used to give to a children's charity for toys for the upcoming Holidays, theres a million ways $1500 could have been used better

Karl Marx, whats up Brochacho? Where you been hiding my Dog, down in Venezuela with Hugo. Still lookin to take "'From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs' huh. Well the Fins got needs too, like a front office that has a clue, "let me ask you son, is your momma a hooker", too many years of incompetent management and you slowly strangle the organization till there is nothing left, Chrysler, GM, Lehman Bros. etc. prove the point. Right now the Fins are at an organizational tipping point, and anything the fans do to alert the owner to this is good in my opinion. Next you will be saying that everyone in SoFla should be forced to buy tickets to every game, because there is a "need".

The Never Living In A Workers Paradise VIPER

I always love it when fans tell other fans how to be fans! Now they are telling them how to spend their money, and charitable donations. Laughable! A couple bucks for a banner is way better then thousands wasted for season tickets, parking, concessions, hotels, and gear! This I am a better fan then you are mentality because I think every move made by the Miami Dolphins is awesome mentality is hysterical.

Everytime I hear people claiming these types of actions are a waste or draw no attention I like to remind them of 2 very well known Cleveland Browns fans Mobile Dawg, and Dawg Pound Mike. A couple seasons ago feed up with bad football, bad personnel decisions, no communication by the owner, and a terrible coach they called for a boycott. They ask all fans not to take their seats till after the kickoff of the MNF game against the Steelers. This gained ground, got the attention of the national media, but most import Randy Lerner the owner of the Cleveland Browns met with them that thur, only 2 days after they announced the boycott. So I trolled the Browns message boards and like FinHeaven there were a few HOMERS telling people how to be fans, and my favorite was one guy said " I won't boycott because I might miss Cribs returning it for a TD" anyway Lerner spent a couple hours with them listening to concerns and suggestions they gathered on their website from Browns fans. What you guys fail to realize is these owners have egos, HUGE egos! So when Steven Ross and his entourage of family and friends land at the ProPlayerJoeRobbieSunLifeMargaritaVille Stadium heliport and a embarrassing banner flies by he will take notice! When his family and friends get to look down at a empty stadium, except for the few thousand rapiest who made the trip from Rikers Island to see their team. More embarrassment! Since buying the team Ross has seen season ticket sales fall at record pace, he has to buy tix to avoid blackouts, see's a empty stadium, and endures being the butt of the media jokes. He cant afford another year of a bad FO!

You want to be heard take action!

It'd be a miracle if Ross even hears about it. Who will tell him, Jeff Ireland :lol: . If some bozos want to shell out some money to voice their opinions via flying piece of paper then let them. Maybe it's like a venting mechanism for them? I hope they don't think they'll somehow listen. I can see them getting the text that Ireland is fired down the road and they're jumping up and down like a bunch of morons saying they canned him themselves.

It's time for the fans' voices to be heard, but this might not be the best way to do it. You gotta hit Ross where it hurts - in the wallet.

With that said...I will NOT go to any fins games next year if we don't draft a 1st round QB.

if jeff ireland asking dez bryant if his mom was a prostitute wasnt enough to fire him than this wont help at all. That alone should have gotten him fired. I think that alone brought bad karma to the dolphins and the reason for the 0-7 start. Look how much talent is on this team, an 0-7 start should have never even come close to happening.

if jeff ireland asking dez bryant if his mom was a prostitute wasnt enough to fire him than this wont help at all. That alone should have gotten him fired. I think that alone brought bad karma to the dolphins and the reason for the 0-7 start. Look how much talent is on this team, an 0-7 start should have never even come close to happening.

Didn't 0-7 get Tony fired? Do we thank Jeff for that?

Didn't 0-7 get Tony fired? Do we thank Jeff for that?

no, being conservative got tony fired. Ross clearly said he wanted a Dynamic aggressive offense. What did we get ? the same old conservative sparano offense, goes deep a few times a game and sits on 2 point leads. As for jeff ireland, i think hes a decent gm but the question to dez bryant will haunt this franchise forever, that should have been the end of ireland with the miami dolphins, hes lucky dez bryant kept his cool or it would have been a "bigger" issue. Im surprised goodell didnt step in and take action. It was disgusting to not only the dolphins but the nfl in general.

no, being conservative got tony fired. Ross clearly said he wanted a Dynamic aggressive offense. What did we get ? the same old conservative sparano offense, goes deep a few times a game and sits on 2 point leads. As for jeff ireland, i think hes a decent gm but the question to dez bryant will haunt this franchise forever, that should have been the end of ireland with the miami dolphins, hes lucky dez bryant kept his cool or it would have been a "bigger" issue. Im surprised goodell didnt step in and take action. It was disgusting to not only the dolphins but the nfl in general.

Most everyone, including Dez himself, have moved on from that regrettable incident. Why can't Dolphin fans?

Most everyone, including Dez himself, have moved on from that regrettable incident. Why can't Dolphin fans?

Tell that to bill cowher, john gruden, brian billick, all great coaches who probably wont come to coach miami unless ireland is gone, probably because of the bad reputation he has earned himself.

yes b/c a face palm makes is warranted for giving money to kids charities, but no warranted for $1,500 for a banner that will have 0 affect on whether Ireland is fired or not, :rolleyes2:

People should never spend money on anything except for that which is utilitarian or altruistic. You heard it here first.

Back
Top Bottom