Dolphins Final Cuts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Final Cuts

No way, Thiggy was cut, 34 is available, we could all dust off our old Ricky Williams jerseys. It's perfect.

With Thomas and egnew both gone it seems hickey isn't wasting time with Ireland's mistakes. Dion jordan should take notice.

Not sure what the guy who ran him down runs, however this is why 40 times are overrated. A player might run a 4.4 when when he's rested and testing in practice, but when you've played during the game and tired that 4.4 might drop to a 4.5 or 4.6 depending on your strength and endurance.
Ok, before we go ape**** about referencing the 40 time, of course it's not the only measure of and NFL player, but a guy who can run a 4.45 is plenty fast enough to carry the rock. Whether or not he has the vision, balance, quickness, etc. is another story.

Ok, before we go ape**** about referencing the 40 time, of course it's not the only measure of and NFL player, but a guy who can run a 4.45 is plenty fast enough to carry the rock. Whether or not he has the vision, balance, quickness, etc. is another story.

Just saying a lot of players look like they're 4.4, but in game situations drop to 4.6. I mean if you take a small back, put 10 pounds of equipment on him and then let him get a little tired, i doubt he runs that same time he did in shorts in training camp. Not saying the times are worthless, just a bit overrated.

In light of Thomas and Thigpen being waved I'm thinking it means Pouncey will likely make the opening day 53.

Thigpen has always been a guy IMO that the coaches never fully trusted. His first year here whenever we weren't receiving a punt with a team deep in their own territory we always put Bess out there to return and we had so many different guys rotating in at return man even before he got hurt.

DT? You get hurt miss time and the guys behind you ball out you are going to get cut

Just saying a lot of players look like they're 4.4, but in game situations drop to 4.6. I mean if you take a small back, put 10 pounds of equipment on him and then let him get a little tired, i doubt he runs that same time he did in shorts in training camp. Not saying the times are worthless, just a bit overrated.
Fair enough.

In light of Thomas and Thigpen being waved I'm thinking it means Pouncey will likely make the opening day 53.

I think we have to do that regardless. If not, he will not be ready to play until the second half.

As far as Darkwa is concerned, I like him. I don't think he is ready yet, but I am not sure he makes it through the waiver wire if we release him. I would be fine with them keeping him as the 4th back right now and maybe sign a veteran after week 1. Then you can move Darkwa to the practice squad and not risk losing him. If someone picks him off of the PS, he needs to be put on their 53, which I don't think will happen. I am afraid of losing him, Hazel and either Kamal Johnson or Garrison Smith. I think 1 of those 2 will be on our roster. Hoping Hazel makes it too...

I'm watching Survivorman while following this thread. Talk about irony.

Back
Top Bottom