Dolphins gonna beat Washington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins gonna beat Washington

I never said I think he's the guy. Never even implied it. I just don't understand this "fact" spewing from people that Tua is absolutely guaranteed who we are doing all this for.
What I did say is that if Rosen could begin to show the promise that he had coming in to his draft then that would be better for the team. It wouldn't be better for the Tua fanboys though and that's all they see and hear. I'm worried about the team, not just one piece of the team. If Tua is that guy, then great....I'd pull for him and root for his success.
This isn't a binary argument. There's a gray area where Rosen shows enough "promise" to maybe win a game or two and that's it. He doesn't turn out to be anything next year either, and now we don't have Tua.

So yeah, rooting against Rosen being mediocre is definitely for the good of the team.

I never said I think he's the guy. Never even implied it. I just don't understand this "fact" spewing from people that Tua is absolutely guaranteed who we are doing all this for.
What I did say is that if Rosen could begin to show the promise that he had coming in to his draft then that would be better for the team. It wouldn't be better for the Tua fanboys though and that's all they see and hear. I'm worried about the team, not just one piece of the team. If Tua is that guy, then great....I'd pull for him and root for his success.
It's hopeless my friend. No matter what you say it won't make a difference. :shrug:

Even though we have a multi needs and a load of picks I'm on board for draftinf Tua or what deamed his equal, regardless. Worst case, we have to above average quarterbacks and we could flip one for a king's Ransom

I hope so. Obviously, it would be nice to get that #1 overall pick and get Tua. But, I don't want the team to go 0-16 either. Trading up with Washington could be possible. I think Cincinnati would take Tua. The Jets might trade the pick, but not to Miami.

I don't know what the Dolphins second and third options might be. Do they like Herbert or Fromm? Is a pass rusher like Young enough of a difference maker? Could Miami go Young and then still get Fromm with the Pittsburgh pick?
Miami has scouted Herbert numerous times since 2018. Whether that's a smoke screen or not, no one knows? But he appears to be highly thought of in Miami's F/O. Fromm IMHO is the better fit, in terms of what he does pre snap and post snap progression. He's not prototypical in terms of size, but he's super smart behind center. If Miami puts a really good offensive line in front of Fromm, they could win a lot of games. As for Herbert, I read something very interesting over the weekend about his frustration with Oregon's play calling. They've restricted his throwing to screens, bubble screens and flats, which is hampering the offense overall. Oregon hasn't allowed him to unleash his arm very often and he's become unhappy. It begs to question, Are the pro evaluators thinking he's got more to him, based on the restrictions? Does he have more upside than previously thought? There could be a silver lining in the way Oregon is using Herbert. Meaning he could turn out to be a HUGE Steal, when a pro team let's him play Unrestricted?

This could be the week we finally score a 2nd half point!

That would require a takeaway on their side of the field or a special teams play, but sure it could happen. It won’t by from a good drive as Flores can’t make any in game adjustments.

This isn't a binary argument. There's a gray area where Rosen shows enough "promise" to maybe win a game or two and that's it. He doesn't turn out to be anything next year either, and now we don't have Tua.

So yeah, rooting against Rosen being mediocre is definitely for the good of the team.

Yeah....bc that's what I said. :bobdole:

It's not uncommon for a team to get a morale bump with a coaching change, e.g., Dan Campbell. In fact, were it NOT for the coaching change, I'd feel this was one were had a pretty good shot at winning. It's sort of a toss up to me now.

I have the same concern. "Rally around the gipper" and all that. Maybe our guys will do the same for Coach Flores here soon...if capable enough to actually win a game at their best.

Miami has scouted Herbert numerous times since 2018. Whether that's a smoke screen or not, no one knows? But he appears to be highly thought of in Miami's F/O. Fromm IMHO is the better fit, in terms of what he does pre snap and post snap progression. He's not prototypical in terms of size, but he's super smart behind center. If Miami puts a really good offensive line in front of Fromm, they could win a lot of games. As for Herbert, I read something very interesting over the weekend about his frustration with Oregon's play calling. They've restricted his throwing to screens, bubble screens and flats, which is hampering the offense overall. Oregon hasn't allowed him to unleash his arm very often and he's become unhappy. It begs to question, Are the pro evaluators thinking he's got more to him, based on the restrictions? Does he have more upside than previously thought? There could be a silver lining in the way Oregon is using Herbert. Meaning he could turn out to be a HUGE Steal, when a pro team let's him play Unrestricted?

Man we could only wish for a coach that restricts screens, bubble screens, and throws to the flats. That’s were we’ve lived the past decade and look where that got us? I’d much rather the coaching be aggressive rather than the gutless wonders we saw under Philbin, Gase, and Co.

Just an opinion, but I think Miami will emphasize football smarts in any QB pick. Not at the exclusion of talent, but Flo learned what a smart QB can accomplish.

This game against Washington is the one game, I'd think Miami has a good chance of winning. The other game is against the Bengals.

Redskins, Bengals, Jets, Steelers, Giants....All games that are not out of the question for Miami to win.

Obviously Miami should not be favored this year against anyone with this roster, and there is a bigger chance Miami loses all those games, then win them, but I'm afraid going through those teams, there will probably be one, two or as much as three wins, so for the people hoping to see Miami continually lose...you may be heartbroken.

On the good news front, I doubt very much any of those teams will go winless or even with just one win.

Every time I watch the kid he tends to throw high and behind... He's a phenom in terms of size, arm, and
a great athlete with surprising speed (dude looks real smooth as a runner). Obviously can't run the ball as
a consistent diet in the NFL @QB but his mobility and athletic chops are impressive. He's also supposed to
be a great kid, humble likeable etc. Makes some certified big league throws and... like I said his accuracy
seems "weird" to me... Could be amazing PRO but I would not be shocked if he disappoints a tad... Maybe a lot.
But hey --- no one really knows for sure!

I agree with you on Fromm. At least for now.

:lol:

Redskins, Bengals, Jets, Steelers, Giants....All games that are not out of the question for Miami to win.

Obviously Miami should not be favored this year against anyone with this roster, and there is a bigger chance Miami loses all those games, then win them, but I'm afraid going through those teams, there will probably be one, two or as much as three wins, so for the people hoping to see Miami continually lose...you may be heartbroken.

On the good news front, I doubt very much any of those teams will go winless or even with just one win.

After watching the Colts OL last night I definitely would not give us any chance there!

I think we'll end up as a 3 win team.

We still have no pass rush and Eric Rowe is still starting opposite Howard. 90% of NFL QB's play well in a clean pocket so we're still at a severe disadvantage, we still don't have any1 who can cover TE and they have Vernon Davis who's going to look like he's still in his prime vs our secondary.

If they play Colt McCoy or Case Keenum we lose easily if they play Haskins we lose by 10.

Back
Top Bottom