Dolphins gonna beat Washington | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins gonna beat Washington

It's like having a party for having a solid bowel movement and brushing your teeth twice in a day. Man the bar has been set low around here.

I kind of agree.

I am one of the people that wants to give Rosen chance (No more forgetting Brees because you think some else is a better option type situation), but Rosen better start not just put up normal expected NFL numbers, but start taking over games, putting the offense on his back and succeeding, or next year he's on an extremely thin line competing against Tua or whomever Miami drafts for the starting job.

After watching the Colts OL last night I definitely would not give us any chance there!

I think we'll end up as a 3 win team.

Yes, my bad, i put them up there by mistake, Miami will hsve trouble with them

Just an opinion, but I think Miami will emphasize football smarts in any QB pick. Not at the exclusion of talent, but Flo learned what a smart QB can accomplish.
I agree. This is where I think Fromm may have the edge. I think they are looking for a QB that has field vision and smarts. In this past weekend's Georgia game they highlighted on replay Fromm's ability to see the entire field several times. From behind, you see his head swivels left to right or vise versa on those plays, highlighted. It was really cool to see. It showcases his ability to make good decisions based on his progressions.

Redskins rushed only 3 regularly and got pressure on Brady. They shouldn't have any difficulty with us, I hope.

I kind of agree.

I am one of the people that wants to give Rosen chance (No more forgetting Brees because you think some else is a better option type situation), but Rosen better start not just put up normal expected NFL numbers, but start taking over games, putting the offense on his back and succeeding, or next year he's on an extremely thin line competing against Tua or whomever Miami drafts for the starting job.

Given the roster (particularly on the O), "normal expected NFL numbers" would be impressive

Yeah....bc that's what I said. :bobdole:
Rosen "showing promise" is a jump from the worst starting QB in the league right now to, what... elite? I thought we were talking scenarios in this physical plane of existence?

Given the roster (particularly on the O), "normal expected NFL numbers" would be impressive
For a season? Of course it would be impressive. We're asking for Rosen to have some normal NFL numbers for at least just a game though, something that shouldn't be too much to ask for regardless of the roster around you.

Rosen threw 5 more TDs than Brock Osweiler last year. We need to see something a little more than "normal" from him this year for him to even be in the discussion for QB on this team.

We can't just go with giving him the benefit of the doubt, Miami can't afford to to fail in this two year re-tooling they're doing.

Miami needs to find a QB that is special, and special QBs find a way to succeed, look like a special QB even when surrounded by little talent.

What Daytona said is true, we're in a passing era, where 300 yards in no longer that special, unless he is consistently close or over 300 each weeks, while guideing the offense to score with no bad decisions...though he does not have to throw multiple TDs each week, he does have to guide to scores without making mistakes.

The powers that be have said they will be drafting a QB, and no matter what Rosen does this year (Other then fall on his face badly), he will get a chance next year, but if Rosen would rather Miami pick the QB later rather then earlier, he will have to take over the offense, and prove himself.

This is my stress of the week right here. I'm probably going to smoke an entire ounce from 1-4pm on Sunday. Can't take it. Got to lose this game.

Rosen threw 5 more TDs than Brock Osweiler last year. We need to see something a little more than "normal" from him this year for him to even be in the discussion for QB on this team.

Except, as some say, Miami has the worst roster since Sid Luckman. Os had 'much better' talent. That said, yeah, consistent improvement and better than Os.

So what would you rather have?

a) Have to trade 2 firsts to move up to get Tua (bc we won a few games)
b) Have Rosen show the ability to lead this team and use our picks to build the hell out of this team around him with 5 other studs?

Maybe he is just more of a fan of the second option bc it helps the TEAM and not just some fanboy obsession with having a specific player....?

After the Tannehill era, I do not see why such admiration for Rosen exists. You are doing it to. You can reason it and deflect all you want, but your own bias shows.

I have no horse in this race, because

A. I never liked Rosen, and he seems to have a fan base with built in excuses ready made ala Tannehill.

B. I like Fromm as well as Tua, and understand that either are far superior prospects at this point.

As for the TEAM, GTFOH. It won't matter if you do not get the QB position right. And Rosen after 18 or is it 19 NFL games played, continues to look like someone struggling to belong in the league as a viable NFL QB?

After the Tannehill era, I do not see why such admiration for Rosen exists. You are doing it to. You can reason it and deflect all you want, but your own bias shows.

A. I never liked Rosen, and he seems to have a fan base with built in excuses ready made ala Tannehill.

B. I like Fromm as well as Tua, and understand that either are far superior prospects at this point.

As for the TEAM, GTFOH. It won't matter if you do not get the QB position right. And Rosen after 18 or is it 19 NFL games played, continues to look like someone struggling to belong in the league as a viable NFL QB?

I agree i sense the same defense of Rosen already that Tannehill had, Rosen hasn't shown me anything to stop me and say damn this guy is elite.. Hell as of this point i'd take tannehill's worst years over what ive seen of rosen so far.. 51 percent completion 1td 3 ints's..

It doesn't even matter, at this point Rosen will get his chance for fans he will be our starter if he can compete against whomever we draft and until we get to the playoffs with our QB playing lights out there should ALWAYS be young competition waiting in the wings

You accusing someone else of bias is like Antonio Brown telling someone else they had a bad September.

Back
Top Bottom