dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns

I've been on the pro playmakers anti linemen bandwagon for 5+ years now because there's no point in having linemen protect if you dont have a QB and WR/TE to make plays. Well, it just so happens we've addressed many of those needs in free agency and the 1 glaring weakness we have is at T. Also factor in we wont be paying a premium and vastly over-paying like we did with Long and this is one year where I'd be ok with taking a lineman early in the draft. We should be able to find solid DB's and WR/TE if we so choose in the 2nd/3rd round. We likely aren't finding a day 1 starter at T outside of the 1st round and we'll likely need to trade up to get one of the top 3 otherwise the other guys arent worth taking at 12. It makes sense to me to trade up so long it doesnt take more than a 2nd. If Lane makes it to 9-10 spot we should be able to trade up with just a 1st/3rd to nab Lane. I'd be more than happy with giving up a 3rd to get a guy who fills a huge need.

I can assure you it's not as expensive as you think... We're not making moves up to get guys like Andrew luck or RGIII... A move to 3 tells me their obviously targeting either one of the tackles or possibly a guy like Dion Jordan.

I can imagine the Browns wanting to pair Milliner with Haden. That would be a very sick combo and both have their whole careers in front of them. I don't think Milliner is going to be up for grabs, this is probably for a T. Unless we pay more to leap ahead of Cleveland. I just want to stay put and pick Austin :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
And seconding on the comment made about feeling bad about going to Cleveland.. Don't be shocked if Cleveland sneaks up in that division and makes a run at the playoffs.. That defense is going to be a top 10 defense and Trent Richardson is a gonna be a monster next season.

Cleveland is just another place that players careers die. Feel bad for Milliner if Cleveland picks him.

Joe Haden
Josh Gordon
Trent Richardson
Joe Thomas
Mitchell Schwartz
Jabaal Sheard
Ahtyba Rubin
Phil Taylor
D'Qwell Jackson
TJ Ward

Don't underestimate the Browns, they have good-young talent especially on defense. Could be argued that their talent level trumps ours.

i think it is always a good idea to investigate who might be a willing trade partner, and what it might cost to move up. it is also a good move to talk to those behind you who want your spot, and how much they might be offering. i'd be disappointed if ireland didn't gather all that information for every draft.

Joe Haden
Josh Gordon
Trent Richardson
Joe Thomas
Mitchell Schwartz
Jabaal Sheard
Ahtyba Rubin
Phil Taylor
D'Qwell Jackson
TJ Ward

Don't underestimate the Browns, they have good-young talent especially on defense. Could be argued that their talent level trumps ours.

STOP. The 5th player you listed is a Right Tackle.

No trade ups.. Ireland should do his homework and pick players at our many positions...We chose Jake with the number 1 overall pick and he isn't even on our team anymore... taking a OL so high has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just because they are talking to these teams doesn't mean they plan on trading up....they are just making inquiries.

If it's for Milliner I'm on board.

If we stay put I'm all in on Austin.

STOP. The 5th player you listed is a Right Tackle.

And was the best rookie RT in the league, ranked 7th according to PFF. I'm not afraid to acknowledge that a supposed inferior team has about the same/more talent than us; seems like you are.

QB: Miami
RB: Cleveland
WR: Miami
OL: Cleveland
TE: Miami

DE: Miami- I'd take Sheard over Odrick at DE.
DT: Cleveland
LB: Undecided
CB: Cleveland
SS: Miami
FS: Cleveland

Back
Top Bottom