dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns

you really think its a bad idea to trade up to get A top ten NFL tackel on the cheap for the next 4 years?

Whoa.... A top 10 NFL tackle??? Easy now..

You can pick one up in the later rounds and not give up 2 extra picks... Especially how deep this draft is. A second round pick is basically a first.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Trade up for dee milliner?

He's not worth it.....

d'oh.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

I messed up

if they trade up for a tackle does that make martin a bust already?

Nope.

Miami Dolphins require two starters plus two quality backup tackles. That said, as today Jonathan Martin has proved to be a fine option at RT and a good backup LT.
He must show some improvement but he is not a bust.
If Miami opt to draft a tackle it only means the team like any other will need an offensive tackle in years to come.
Given such scenario, as long as Joe Philbin has problems choosing between Martin and the new guy on who plays LT & RT, then Jonathan will be a successful player.

And was the best rookie RT in the league, ranked 7th according to PFF. I'm not afraid to acknowledge that a supposed inferior team has about the same/more talent than us; seems like you are.

QB: Miami
RB: Cleveland
WR: Miami
OL: Cleveland
TE: Miami

DE: Miami- I'd take Sheard over Odrick at DE.
DT: Cleveland
LB: Undecided
CB: Cleveland
SS: Miami
FS: Cleveland

no absolutely not. Clevelands DT's of Rubin and Taylor are not better than Starks and Soliai. They may be stronger at certain positions but the gap at QB is big enough that there shouldn't be a comparison of both teams. We would kill Cleveland if the season started tomorrow

And was the best rookie RT in the league, ranked 7th according to PFF. I'm not afraid to acknowledge that a supposed inferior team has about the same/more talent than us; seems like you are.

QB: Miami
RB: Cleveland
WR: Miami
OL: Cleveland
TE: Miami

DE: Miami- I'd take Sheard over Odrick at DE.
DT: Cleveland
LB: Undecided
CB: Cleveland
SS: Miami
FS: Cleveland

That's because you are making the mistake of equating all positions. The fact that we have better talent in the bolded areas is the reason we're a (much) better team, despite the fact that their supposedly awesome OL allowed only one fewer sack than us last year. Also not sure why you are giving their defense so much props when our run defense was superior to theirs. If our pass defense is improved, which it already has been with the signing of Grimes and loss of Smith (addition through subtraction), it's not even close.

That's because you are making the mistake of equating all positions. The fact that we have better talent in the bolded areas is the reason we're a (much) better team, despite the fact that their supposedly awesome OL allowed only one fewer sack than us last year. Also not sure why you are giving their defense so much props when our run defense was superior to theirs. If our pass defense is improved, which it already has been with the signing of Grimes and loss of Smith (addition through subtraction), it's not even close.

yes exactly. Plus, our DT's are better

This is on rotoworld.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot believes the Dolphins' signing of Brent Grimes "increases the likelihood" that the Browns target Alabama CB Dee Milliner in April's draft.The Browns had a contract proposal on the table for Grimes, but he picked the free-spending Dolphins when they offered more money (and a surprising $3 million guaranteed). Although many mocks project Milliner in the top five, he's not as highly thought of inside the NFL as he's been in the draftnik community. There's every chance Milliner will be available at the No. 6 pick. Mar 31 - 9:43 PM
Man you are killing me with that picture of the helmet. That thing looks so good that I start getting queasy every time I see it and know that it isn't going to be the one they are using. Now that we know it is going to be orange instead of navy I just want them to leave it all the way it is. I am dreading draft day and seeing what it is going to look like. Time to buy me a black and white TV to watch the games next year.

To get a a first rate tackle in this draft, I would swap our 1st give them a 2nd and a 3rd, and 3rd next year.

last year with those flurry of trades in round 1, what were the costs? an extra 4?

Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson are all excellent football players. I think it is worth being bold and seeing what it takes to get one them.

Got to be honest. With 11 picks, not all 11 players are making the football team. Unless you can parlay some into next year...highly doubtful because this draft is not considered elite, but deep...get bold and get a damn good player. You would still have picks in round 2, 3 and double up in the 4th.

If they trade up for a tackle...

GAAAAAHHH!

We need a LT GAAAAAAH!

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

just a thought I had about Darlington tweet and "intriguing" draft.

He will get all the A&M players.

Joeckle
Moore
Swope
Porter
Ichukuwadoo

Back
Top Bottom