dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dolphins have engaged talks with the raiders and browns

I think this a smart move bye Ireland.Exploring all posibilities and planning ahead.Doesn't mean he has to move up,but knowing ahead of time what it will cost is heads up!

Other possibility - although a stretch. The "smoke screen" of jumping up to draft a OT is for better leverage on Winston. He wants to play in Miami but is still too high for Ireland to sign him. Might give him a reason to drop his price. Other than Wallace Ireland hasn't tipped his hand like this often before.

just food for thought

I agree. Winston wants a multi-year contract, and the Dolphins (from what I've read) want him for one year. This may be a way for them to let him know that they won't do it, so take the money for a year, or go somewhere else. Also, from all indications, the Chiefs want multiple picks for Brandon Albert. If the Dolphins are only willing to give up one pick (say the second pick in the second round), they may be trying to let the Chiefs know that they're willing to get their tackle by other means.

if miami doesnt sign winston or trade for albert before the draft..........its pretty obvious we'll trade up for a OT. (probably with Oakland to make sure we get one of the tackles.

I have been harping on a move up for Dee but I am all for sticking at #12 and trading back into the first -> if we move up I want a three down starter PB potential not Austin

It makes sense with ireland's ineptitude that after the last 5 years where he never showed any tendency but "trade down" and look for "value", that NOW he would go off on a tangent and overspend and try to move up for a OL, of all things.

The man is what he is. He has a cornfed fetish that will not be satisfied by normal means. He thinks LT is more important than QB. He wouldn't move up to insure getting Tannehill last year and risked losing him, but now move heaven and earth to get a lineman. Alternative universe football.

i hope this is all just an April Fool's joke.

A trade with Cleveland would only cost a 3rd round pick (77).

I doubt that. To move up teams will demand one of our 2nd round picks. Plus all 3 LTs will be gone by Cleveland's pick. We need to jump ahead of Philadelphia and Detroit to have a chance at one of the top 3 LTs in this draft.

It makes sense with ireland's ineptitude that after the last 5 years where he never showed any tendency but "trade down" and look for "value", that NOW he would go off on a tangent and overspend and try to move up for a OL, of all things.

The man is what he is. He has a cornfed fetish that will not be satisfied by normal means. He thinks LT is more important than QB. He wouldn't move up to insure getting Tannehill last year and risked losing him, but now move heaven and earth to get a lineman. Alternative universe football.

i hope this is all just an April Fool's joke.

I don't know why but the bolded part just made me spit out my diet Mountain Dew. Lol

Don't be so sure on Martin. He didn't grade out real well as a starting left tackle last year.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

If we got Dee Milliner and if Grimes gets back to 100% we'd have a pretty darn good set of starting CBs

Ummm....Martin was not graded out as a LT because he was drafted and utilized by us to be a RT...he was a rookie last year, and didn't even start the entire year at LT, but only after Jake was confirmed injured and out. I feel like he performed admirably (was no revolving door by any means). Let's give the guy a chance to see what he's got this coming season...

if martin spends time in the weight room and gets stronger in his upper body this offseason that should help his play tremendously...his biggest issue as a rookie was what it was as a prospect he just wasn't strong enough in the upper body and core...he also though doesn't have great left tackle feet...kind of a tweener with the feet...not a move you off the ball right tackle either although he's got some nasty in him and he'll play til the whistle...kid competes...i don't think had he stayed in school however he would be giving any of the top 3 ot's in this class a run for their money...probably the 4th ot off the board

Brent Grimes and Dee Milliner would be FILTHY

Well, considering the Raiders just gave up some draft pics for Flynn they might be more motivated to trade down.

Back
Top Bottom