Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be safe everyone. I'm not too keen with the whole hurricane weather here as I am in Wisconsin, but I do imagine that a hurricane is worse than having a 2-3 foot blizzard here every year with blowing drifts. I have a client in Gables that booked a flight to Cali, as well as a buddy in Tallahassee that thinking about heading to Georgia if it shifts towards the panhandle. I hope Jose doesn't come near either. Whatever decisions are made, best of luck and Godspeed. Wishing to the man in the sky to keep you guys safe.

Well this is just delightful . . .

Here's some reading before you go to bed. Supposedly nothings been fixed since. :eek:

If Turkey Point melts down, Miami is doomed. Saporito says there will be no time to evacuate the city to protect ourselves from radiation. If there's a meltdown, "people are going to die," he says, "and the entire city of Miami could become a ghost town that nobody can go back to for 50,000 years.

DI_NuhMW0AIh8b0.jpg

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/f...nt-could-be-the-next-nuclear-disaster-6380394

So what. You play with the cards you are being dealt with. If the team has to dress up for 16 straight games so be it. Football fans and players are of the most whiny breed.

Not whining at all and I understand where our "whiny" players who are against 16 straight (which could be even more with wildcard/playoffs) are coming from.......you call yourself a Dolphin's fan but you don't care if your team gets screwed and is at a disadvantage with 30 other teams (not incl. the Bucs)???? Some fan!!....BTW...I know a more whiny breed that either that you point to.......forum mods.

Not whining at all and I understand where our "whiny" players who are against 16 straight (which could be even more with wildcard/playoffs) are coming from.......you call yourself a Dolphin's fan but you don't care if your team gets screwed and is at a disadvantage with 30 other teams (not incl. the Bucs)???? Some fan!!....BTW...I know a more whiny breed that either that you point to.......forum mods.

In context to the situation at hand in this thread, IDGAF.

The 11 o'clock update has a very slight shift back to north. It's probably wishful thinking but if it could weave it's way through that trough late and continue that trend north and east that could be huge.that would shift fla to the cleaner side of the storm and keep the dirty side to the water.

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO EVACUATE, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Residents of the county must be able to provide proof of residency before they will be let back in to the areas where they live.

Please make sure you have photo identification, like a driver’s license or employment photo identification, and proof of residency, like a phone or electric bill, a rental agreement or a copy of your homeowner’s insurance policy.

If safety is a concern due to debris or hazardous substances, check points will be established to determine who can enter certain areas. It is the goal of the Sheriff’s Office and all emergency responders to allow residents and business owners back to their properties as soon as it is safe.

Being prepared is the key. If you plan to evacuate, bring your identification and proof of residency with you so you can get back home or to your business as quickly and safely as possible.

I have always hunkered down since 1960 growing up in west palm and now living in ft myers. I have never had issues so far. IMO most storm damage occurs with the trailer parks and beach front properties. The hurricane that tore up homestead a few years ago was the exception and to my understanding it was full of tornadoes which there is little you can do to stop one of those. Still with a 1 year old and living on the east coast where IMO you are more suspectable to hurricane winds I might consider leaving. Gas wise you should be OK if you leave now or tomorrow. They will keep the gas stations full.

In context to the situation at hand in this thread, IDGAF.

Ok...ok...we get it.....Just about every post of yours here has been about "football doesn't matter now" and trying to shame anyone out of mentioning anything football related......However, it's a football forum and you can't expect everyone to curl up into a ball and cry under the covers over what might happen....I'm sure you didn't stop what you were doing or freeze your posting activity when Houston got hit or when Sandy hit the Northeast. Listen, I know it's serious and I hope everyone down there makes it through safely and without great losses but you can't expect to dictate the narrative and ban all football talk (again on a football forum) trying to make the discourse only what you want/think it should be about. Good luck & stay safe.

Last edited:
So there's Hurricane Irma, Tropical Storm Jose is supposed to be a hurricane by tomorrow, and Tropical Storm 13 in the Gulf has a projection to hit the West Coast of Florida and be a hurricane also within a couple of days. Damn.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#irma

Last edited:
I hope everyone stays safe. The nfl needs to make a decision soon so players can have time to check on their family and prepare and help their family move out if need to. I don't see why the game can't be in a neutral site, not in Florida, Georgia or Carolinas where the storm could also bounce out and move through after Florida. Maybe Indianapolis as they are playing away anyway against the Rams and shorter distance than west coast teams and north east..

Last edited:
I made it thru the 6.6 Northridge quake in LA and thought that was nuts. Can't imagine what a Cat 5 'cane could do. Hoping and praying for everybody down there. This game takes a backseat, whenever it's played.

This thread is for discussing reaction to the storm by our team and our membership. Any strictly football related stuff should go else where like how's Jay looking in practise.

Please respect other members in your response and do not make it personal or I will delete it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom