Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for discussing reaction to the storm by our team and our membership. Any strictly football related stuff should go else where like how's Jay looking in practise.

Agreed.....and I assume whether we're playing this game, if it gets moved, played on the bye week, etc. and resultant comments would belong here, correct??

That is correct just be aware we have several members who are concerned so post accordly and respect their concern.

I went back and deleted some post so let's drop this and move on.

DJAdhVAXoAAF7ln.jpg

I've lived in Florida for 30 years and this is the first time I've ever been scared of a storm. I really hope this thing curves off.

Seeking some advice.

I'm in east Fort Lauderdale. I live in a condo with concrete walls all around, a concrete roof and impact windows. My neighbors say they are staying here saying its just as safe as a shelter considering the construction. There is also a concrete stairwell that is like a bomb shelter. I live on the 4th floor, so not a flood risk. I was considering flying out to stay with family out of state, but the flights are all booked and price gouging is insane, so that's out of the question.

My options are:

1. Hunker down in my condo
2. Go to a shelter
3. Try to drive as far north as I can starting tomorrow

What would you do? Consider I also have a 1 year old child and a cat, which would make a shelter a supremely uncomfortable experience, as would a potential drive out.

My concerns about driving is that we'd run out of gas somewhere around Orlando and be unable to refuel, plus the insane traffic out as more evacuations are issued. I REALLY don't want to be stuck in the middle of the state in an unsafe structure with a massive hurricane still bearing down on us.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
If it makes an Eastern approach or goes up the middle of the State go to a shelter and volunteer. You can help while you are safer than on a 4th floor condo at Middle River.
If it stays on the FL Westcoast we Eastcoasters should be ok.

Lol, I got into it with him the other day. Almost identical issue but on a COMPLETELY diff topic. Im not sure if that makes sense to you but just know that it takes ALOT to aggravate me, and even more to aggravate me on the internet. I completely get where you're coming from brother....oh and by the way, I've lived in Florida for 38 yrs, went thrust Andrew and the rest of them. Have all my family down there and completely understand the damage this can do...all that being said, I've checked this thread at least 40 times an hour since this morning hoping there's a possibility that we play the game on Thursday lol. I pray this thing somehow misses us but wow do I want to see my boys play sooner than later

I'm hearing Tampa and Orlando are already running out of gas. People are already travelling north. It might be doable, but still a risk. I just do not want to be in a situation where I'm riding out a cat 3 hurricane in a hotel room.

I have my wife with me also. So a wife, a baby and a cat.
Forget about my previous post. Can't leave the kiddie alone. No pets in shelters. Your options are limited. If you want to leave, gotta do it soon. You don't want to get stuck.
But in all honesty, I think you gonna be ok.
The ECMWF (European) is dead on this year on the long term forecast (3,4,5 days) and it has Irma going up along the Westcoast. Short term ( up to 72 hours) keep an eye on the UKM (UK Met). Quite accurate this year.

Not whining at all and I understand where our "whiny" players who are against 16 straight (which could be even more with wildcard/playoffs) are coming from.......you call yourself a Dolphin's fan but you don't care if your team gets screwed and is at a disadvantage with 30 other teams (not incl. the Bucs)???? Some fan!!....BTW...I know a more whiny breed that either that you point to.......forum mods.
And you made my point.

Forget about my previous post. Can't leave the kiddie alone. No pets in shelters. Your options are limited. If you want to leave, gotta do it soon. You don't want to get stuck.
But in all honesty, I think you gonna be ok.
The ECMWF (European) is dead on this year on the long term forecast (3,4,5 days) and it has Irma going up along the Westcoast. Short term ( up to 72 hours) keep an eye on the UKM (UK Met). Quite accurate this year.

Which websites do you use?

Crazy to think within the next 48-72 hours we could have 3 different hurricanes all heading towards Florida.

I hope everyone stays safe. The nfl needs to make a decision soon so players can have time to check on their family and prepare and help their family move out if need to. I don't see why the game can't be in a neutral site, not in Florida, Georgia or Carolinas where the storm could also bounce out and move through after Florida. Maybe Indianapolis as they are playing away anyway against the Rams and shorter distance than west coast teams and north east..

They would have to create a new storm category (category 6, 7?), for a hurricane to be strong enough to maintain hurricane force winds as far inland as Atlanta is in GA. It's landlocked by several hundred miles. We're 3-5 hours from the nearest coastal cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom