Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten

Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.

Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.

and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special

and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special

Paul Pierce gets fouled out because he HAS to guard LeBron.

And he whines like a bitch, I'd kick his ass off the court too.

Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"
I'm a big time Sixers fan, and I didn't have too much of a problem with the officiating in that series. The Sixers gave it a good effort, but the better team ended up winning.

LMFAO I knew you'd bring up Pierce. The refs did you a favor. Piece had a horrific series, Lebron simply destroyed him on both sides of the floor. Lol at comparing the 2 ejections. Rondo and KG carried that team to 7 games.

That's my big thing with Pierce, not to mention that he is a Celtic lol. It seems that whenever he goes to the basket and misses the shot or doesn't get a foul called, he turns right to the official.

you just pointed out by the way the one time heat fans could have had a gripe with the officiating in the last 2 rounds...the one game...ha ha...other than that its been every 50/50 call hell they're even calling fouls on thunder guys who make no contact...nothing but love from the officials...

Please dont talk about flopping... pierce is a beast at doing that. Want to talk about officiating talk to spurs fans how they were getting screwed against the thunder... this thread is going on longer because of you're talking about the officiating because you know the heat gets all the calls yup only the heat. Hope the heat wins so everyone can stop talking crap about lebron he deserves a ring.

you just pointed out by the way the one time heat fans could have had a gripe with the officiating in the last 2 rounds...the one game...ha ha...other than that its been every 50/50 call hell they're even calling fouls on thunder guys who make no contact...nothing but love from the officials...
Fans only gripe when their teams lose. Im only pointing it out because you bitter Boston fans are suggesting the refs have some agenda to make sure Lebron gets a ring, otherwise ive forgotten about those egregious calls, the foul out, and the win that wouldve ended that series. You were gifted that game and still couldnt capitalize.

Possibly starting at midnight tonight, haters have all offseason to piss and moan about "biased calls". LINE EM UP HATERS!

i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???
Fair shake...I don't know. The whole NBA has credibility issues for me. It started back when Jordan was towards the end of his career and he would foul the crap out of people and not get a call and if you touched him on a drive he'd be shooting at the free throw line. Has this Finals been called fair...the last game there were two fouls on Durant that were switched to players near Durant but then there were ticky-tack fouls called on Durant that shouldn't have been. There have been drives by Wade where he gets fouled and there's no call and there have been defensive plays by Wade where he clearly fouls and there is not call. I think the refs have been awful for both teams...maybe a bit more for the Thunder than the Heat.

I do know (and you should too since you watch ACC BBall) that Battier flops like he's back at Duke and that crap ticks me off to no end...and I'm a huge Heat fan. At the same time Perkins has been fouling like crazy and not getting called for half of them...and some of them could be considered flagrant cause he doesn't always go for the ball and he looks like he's trying to injure people. The Thunder as a whole though don't play good defense, they don't move their feet and the reach a lot. Hardin for all his offense is the laziest defender they have. If not for Sefolosha and Ibaka I'd have no respect for them as a defensive team. Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes...it would seem the fouls are slightly in the Heats favor and the timing of them can be seen as questionable. Although in game 4 the Thunder were in the bonus with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter while the Heat didn't get in the bonus until 2 or 3 minutes left in the quarter. Ref'ing in the NBA as a whole sucks though, moving picks, walks, rim violations, carrying...non of that stuff gets called as frequently as it should.

My friend you are always complaining about Miami fan support. How many OKC shirts do you see at the arena ?
I don't know how many because I haven't been watching. Don't intend to start either.
Even Boston only had a small group there for that series. THIS is how we celebrate championship caliber play and should be what the Fins strive for. We are fickled down here with many options for our entertainment dollars ..... Put a good produce on the field and they will come. Both the Fins and Canes had home attendence sellout records back in the day. Build it and they will come.
I only base what I see at Dolphins game. I was at the Patriots MNF opener last year and it felt like I was in Foxboro. I was at the Prime Time Thursday night game the year before against the Bears and I felt like I was in Chicago. The year before was the big game against the Saints and I felt like I was in New Orleans. Heck, even at the 2008 49ers game during our late season run to the division title there were empty seats and tons of San Francisco fans. My first ever home Dolphins game was the 2000 playoff game against the Colts and I was able to buy tickets last minute and even then that game was not a sellout. My eyes don't lie.

I understand that it is easier to sell out an arena that holds 18,000-20,000(or whatever the Heat arena holds) than the 75,000 the Dolphins have but I don't think even a winning product is going to A) Fill the stadium to capacity, B) Consist of 80-90% Dolphins fans. Right now the stadium doesn't fill and I would guesstimate between 35-40% of the fans that do show up are rooting for the other team. A winning product(2000, 2008, etc.) still didn't solve things during those seasons.

i can see where people don't like pierce...but no one whines like d wade...no one flops on every shot like d wade...no one...no one looks to be bailed out like d wade

Fair shake...I don't know. The whole NBA has credibility issues for me. It started back when Jordan was towards the end of his career and he would foul the crap out of people and not get a call and if you touched him on a drive he'd be shooting at the free throw line. Has this Finals been called fair...the last game there were two fouls on Durant that were switched to players near Durant but then there were ticky-tack fouls called on Durant that shouldn't have been. There have been drives by Wade where he gets fouled and there's no call and there have been defensive plays by Wade where he clearly fouls and there is not call. I think the refs have been awful for both teams...maybe a bit more for the Thunder than the Heat.

I do know (and you should too since you watch ACC BBall) that Battier flops like he's back at Duke and that crap ticks me off to no end...and I'm a huge Heat fan. At the same time Perkins has been fouling like crazy and not getting called for half of them...and some of them could be considered flagrant cause he doesn't always go for the ball and he looks like he's trying to injure people. The Thunder as a whole though don't play good defense, they don't move their feet and the reach a lot. Hardin for all his offense is the laziest defender they have. If not for Sefolosha and Ibaka I'd have no respect for them as a defensive team. Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes...it would seem the fouls are slightly in the Heats favor and the timing of them can be seen as questionable. Although in game 4 the Thunder were in the bonus with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter while the Heat didn't get in the bonus until 2 or 3 minutes left in the quarter. Ref'ing in the NBA as a whole sucks though, moving picks, walks, rim violations, carrying...non of that stuff gets called as frequently as it should.

see i can respect that...how bout wade diving and flopping all over...but what about games 2 and 3 where the officials took durant off the floor on garbage...if that was bron this place would blow up and those games would be blow outs...agreed on the nba officiating sucks...no doubt...

as for flagrants don't get me started...hard playoff fouls mean flagrants...it's rediculous...battier cheap shots as much as perk

i can see where people don't like pierce...but no one whines like d wade...no one flops on every shot like d wade...no one...no one looks to be bailed out like d wade
Lol so kobe doesn't do the same?? every time he shoots the balls he looks at the refs for a foul not only D-wade, i do agree with you about his whining that pisses me off he should just play ball.

I agree with that. But you can't deny Wade's skill though hoops.

That pump fake is a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom