Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???)

Again, why give anything up for a bad QB? We can get them for free. While rebuilding there is no need to give up even a 7th for a guy like Jacoby Brissett. Bad QB's grow on trees.

I wouldn't mind him. I mean he's not the best qb, but he is fairly young and still has time to get better.

Giving up valuable assets for a guy like Brissett would be worse

Depends on your definition of valuable.

There are heads on this team that are familiar with him and if they feel like he can be a solid transition QB, while also getting a look at him at starter for a year, then I can give up to a 4th. Good luck finding a better QB for that price.

I can understand that being a non starter for you if you think he completely sucks.

Tannehill is a drag on this organization and this entire fanbase. Watching him take a snap in 2019 is the worst thing that could happen.

A team has never needed fresh blood at QB more than Miami does in 2019.

I'm sensitive to the argument that the Dolphins need to acquire a QB that the players can believe in, otherwise it's going to be hard to get and keep their attention during the dog days of summer when you're trying to get them to fully buy into your program.

But Jacoby Brissett...that ain't it. That's not going to get anyone jazzed up. You might as well start David Fales or Brock Osweiler, at that point.

The Dolphins should be focused on getting Kyler Murray, if at all possible. That would give the players something to believe in, that they're building towards something, rather than just wasting a year of their prime on the hope that they suck enough to get a QB high in next year's draft.

Depends on your definition of valuable.

There are heads on this team that are familiar with him and if they feel like he can be a solid transition QB, while also getting a look at him at starter for a year, then I can give up to a 4th. Good luck finding a better QB for that price.

I can understand that being a non starter for you if you think he completely sucks.

Tannehill is a drag on this organization and this entire fanbase. Watching him take a snap in 2019 is the worst thing that could happen.

A team has never needed fresh blood at QB more than Miami does in 2019.
I agree this team needs a QB, but they also need about a dozen other positions. Trading for him hurts the ability to build the rest of this team and I wouldn't give any picks up for a player that isn't in the long term plans.
You obviously have a higher opinion of him than most. If he is that good then he(or RT) will lead to "too many wins" for a shot at the elite player in 2020 this team really needs.
As for Tannehill, the only way he is on the Dolphins this year is if he rips up his current contract and plays for back-up money. Even then, they may not want him

I'm sensitive to the argument that the Dolphins need to acquire a QB that the players can believe in, otherwise it's going to be hard to get and keep their attention during the dog days of summer when you're trying to get them to fully buy into your program.

But Jacoby Brissett...that ain't it. That's not going to get anyone jazzed up. You might as well start David Fales or Brock Osweiler, at that point.

The Dolphins should be focused on getting Kyler Murray, if at all possible. That would give the players something to believe in, that they're building towards something, rather than just wasting a year of their prime on the hope that they suck enough to get a QB high in next year's draft.

There seems to be a possibility that remains unsaid, though, I'll agree there is no certainty. If, as some claim, there is no talent in Miami, it's a planned 'rebuild' year, AND it will take a year for the players to get comfortable in Flores' system, what happens if Miami brings in Brissett or another QB as stopgap, but he gets the team to 8-8? If he can get there with poor talent and a plan to 'rebuild,' is it not reasonable to expect him to play better in '20, particularly with a better supporting cast?

I'm not in favor of that, but there is the possibility. At what point does a plan to draft a QB become unnecessary? *IF* the plan is a rebuild, my preference is to go with someone already on the team. I would see a Brissett signing as an indication a '20 QB is optional

There seems to be a possibility that remains unsaid, though, I'll agree there is no certainty. If, as some claim, there is no talent in Miami, it's a planned 'rebuild' year, AND it will take a year for the players to get comfortable in Flores' system, what happens if Miami brings in Brissett or another QB as stopgap, but he gets the team to 8-8? If he can get there with poor talent and a plan to 'rebuild,' is it not reasonable to expect him to play better in '20, particularly with a better supporting cast?

I'm not in favor of that, but there is the possibility. At what point does a plan to draft a QB become unnecessary? *IF* the plan is a rebuild, my preference is to go with someone already on the team. I would see a Brissett signing as an indication a '20 QB is optional

Its possible.

The idea of intentionally tanking shouldn’t sit well with anybody. Starting Osweiller/Fales would be doing that. Trading for Brissett doesn’t suggest that . . . .even though the results could be the same . . . .and a decent draft pick would be wasted in the process.

If you could guarantee the outcome, obviously taking a year to shed bad contracts, pick up extra picks, fix your cap and put yourself in the best position to draft the best QB in what is looking like a deep QB class . . . .seems ideal.

It isn’t an exact science, which is why we debate it on here.

But again, the worse result would be sending Tannehill out there again and finishing in that typical 6-10 area. Throw the fans a bone and have someone different in camp to take first team reps. Anybody.

if Thill was the only problem with the dolphins then I would say get rid of him, this guy was sacked 35 times, most of his weapons got injured and you wants him to carry the team? so what's going to happen with a lesser QB this year with no o-line blocking? a rookie QB isn't going to solve any problems for this team, and there isn't one QB in this draft that better than him.

Yeah I'm sure the players will look very positively at bringing in one of the worst QBs in the NFL from 2017 who went 4-11 with the Colts to be their new starter. Definitely a move that will get their attention.

No need to give up anything for Brissett. Zilch, zip, nada.

We've got that on the roster already if we want to tank.

Thats funny I hought Jacoby played pretty well on a bad Indy team with a bad defense. Numbers were not great but not bad at all

Its possible.

The idea of intentionally tanking shouldn’t sit well with anybody. Starting Osweiller/Fales would be doing that. Trading for Brissett doesn’t suggest that . . . .even though the results could be the same . . . .and a decent draft pick would be wasted in the process.

If you could guarantee the outcome, obviously taking a year to shed bad contracts, pick up extra picks, fix your cap and put yourself in the best position to draft the best QB in what is looking like a deep QB class . . . .seems ideal.

It isn’t an exact science, which is why we debate it on here.

But again, the worse result would be sending Tannehill out there again and finishing in that typical 6-10 area. Throw the fans a bone and have someone different in camp to take first team reps. Anybody.

Agree completely.

Too many ignore those variables. I'm not going to argue Miami has top 10 talent (they don't). BUT, to beat a dead horse, there were a lot of injuries last year. Getting guys like Wilson and Sitton back, and if Flores and staff are even above average, the team is better. Getting just 3 significant upgrades - OG, DT, CB - would make a big difference. If Brissett is halfway capable of meeting Flores requirements for a QB, even better. The odds of ALL those happening are small, I admit. I'm only suggesting SOME variables that can affect W/L.

Again, no one knows if this is a REAL 'tank' year or not. No one knows Flores thoughts on the '19 starter. No one can account for all the variables. I'm inclined Brissett won't be the starter, but I have no evidence. If Brissett IS the starter, it won't be because Flores has decided he was bad in NE so he MUST be worse in Miami.

Perfect QB to tank with. Tannehill will unfortunately win 8 games.

Brisset is a good qb to bridge if we dont draft one. He has familiarity with the system already. He is a solid qb with potential to be better than people think.

Makes total sense to me. But of course i always thought tannehill was a bad pick and a bad qb so it doesn’t surprise me when people here think Brisset would not make sense.

Back
Top Bottom