Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

What's wrong with having more than one explosive player on offense? Austin could make the Dolphins offense dangerous and a would give opposing Defensive Coordinators headaches trying to prepare for it.

and so we go austin for what? special teams? you honestly think after what we did in FA that tavon would touch the ball on offense?

the other red flags ireland mentioned is size. am i just loony for not seeing the hype? to me, if SU can stop tavon, so can the nfl. he is great in the open field, same w/ patterson, but how do you get in the open field in the nfl? Its a different animal.

I don't realy want to take a tackle round 1............:puke::hsmash:

Can't see Milliner getting out of the top 10 either. Well, we just solved the top ten. At least 3 tackles, Austin, Milliner, Cooper, throw in a few DE's ... there it is. Now lets focus on the next group :lol:

Your forgetting at least 2 qbs. The senario your proposed is very unlikely which is why somone like Milliner would drop

and so we go austin for what? special teams? you honestly think after what we did in FA that tavon would touch the ball on offense?

the other red flags ireland mentioned is size. am i just loony for not seeing the hype? to me, if SU can stop tavon, so can the nfl. he is great in the open field, same w/ patterson, but how do you get in the open field in the nfl? Its a different animal.

Tis dude would be on the field for sure! Wallace and the others would create space for Austin but Austin's speed alone would get him open. I think paring him with Wallace would be dynamic.

This dude would be on the field for sure! Wallace and the others would create space for Austin but Austin's speed alone would get him open. I think paring him with Wallace would be dynamic.

For me, my board would be; Jordan, Ansah, Floyd, Joeckel, Fisher, Milliner, Star, Johnson, Cooper, Carradine, Rhodes, Mingo, Richardson in that exact order.

Whomever is highest of those players @12 I take.

We are going to have to take swope at 12 if we want him! No way he makes it past Pittsburgh or new England!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Austin's size is a concern but he has plenty of speed and quickness to get open in the NFL. He would be replacing Davon Bess in the slot. Bess would most likely be traded if the Dolphins take Austin. It's a somewhat risky pick because of his size but it would also be a high reward pick. I would be more willing to take a chance on an explosive player at #12 then trading up and losing out on another possible starter in the 2nd round to take a tackle. It will take at least a 2nd round pick if not more to move from 12 into the top 5.

No one thinking smoke screen? I just don't see how it could be intriguing that we trade up and take an offensive lineman...

yep, ryan swope ran a 4.38 too. doesnt count. not even knowing the offense. tavon is that much better.

if it gets repeated by many, then it must be true.

Ugh, hemoraging more draft picks because we failed to sign Jake Long. This is getting worse by the minute. If true, then we have strong evidence that the team does not believe Martin can play LT. How do we let a quality LT go like that? If we burn the #12 on an OL, it will be a wasted opportunity, but if we burn extra draft picks in a deep draft to trade up to replace the guy we drafted #1 overall 5 years ago at LT ... I don't think I can handle it. Ireland surely can't be viewing this as building around his young QB. can he?

are people aware we got mike wallace? its like everything that just happened, didnt really happen.

do we really need tavon austin?

its an honest question.

if you think he can make an impact, yes.

The only thing Mike Wallace really have in common is that they both play WR but even in that respect Wallace isn't much of a slot threat unless hes going deep.

Wallace stretching the field on the boundaries is what a player like Tavon needs. sure he can go deep occasionally but the guy does his damage with passes under 15 yards.

I think since we got Mike Wallace our chances of picking Tavon only increased. If we didnt get an elite receiver in FA we would be forced to pick a prototypical WR in one of the first 2 rounds. Now that we have one already we have the option to pick Tavon.

Now I'm biased being that I'm a WVU alum but watching this kid play made me a believer. People worry about his size but he's got a knack for not letting himself get hit that attribute reminds me a lot of Tory Holt. Add the fact that he is an absolute ace on special teams and the pick doesn't sounds so crazy.

I just really hope we don't trade up for a tackle. I would honestly like to trade back and grab another 2nd perhaps unless someone slips.

Austin's size is a concern but he has plenty of speed and quickness to get open in the NFL. He would be replacing Davon Bess in the slot. Bess would most likely be traded if the Dolphins take Austin. It's a somewhat risky pick because of his size but it would also be a high reward pick. I would be more willing to take a chance on an explosive player at #12 then trading up and losing out on another possible starter in the 2nd round to take a tackle. It will take at least a 2nd round pick if not more to move from 12 into the top 5.

A concern? he will reitre by week 3 of preseason. He is too small to take the beating he will get in the NFL.

I think we'll most likely have to pick from Cooper, Carradine, Rhodes, Mingo and Richardson though :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom