Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

A concern? he will reitre by week 3 of preseason. He is too small to take the beating he will get in the NFL.

the guy never missed a practice let alone a game in 4 years in college

You know (because I have no life) I was playing with the NFL Draft value chart.

I wonder if the Fins would give up 1, 2a and 3a for a total of 1885 points. That would be enough to get up to 4 or 5. I think that the new Eagles regime would be apt to gather picks and the Lions could be willing to do the same.

By getting up to 4 or 5, I think two of the OT's could possibly be on the board. Most def. one of them.

It is a lot of treasure to go get a guy like that. However, you get a cornerstone LT.

IF, IF, IF the Fins sign a CB like Grimes...in my opinion the only other needs (in no particular order) would be RB, blocking TE, CB...I would be interested in a guy like Swope or Bailey at receiver and a situational pass rusher...

By my count that is five needs I could try to get in the draft and additional FA additions. I think we could ante up those picks to get it done if the team seems fit. Maybe the Browns are not the only trade partner.

By the way, I think Joeckel will be the target. I cannot argue with that. All three tackles at the top of the class are outstanding.

The cool thing with that is the fact that we would still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick! If they move up I just hope the T is going be more durable that Jake Long.

I wonder if the Fins would give up 1, 2a and 3a for a total of 1885 points. That would be enough to get up to 4 or 5. I think that the new Eagles regime would be apt to gather picks and the Lions could be willing to do the same.

By getting up to 4 or 5, I think two of the OT's could possibly be on the board. Most def. one of them.

It is a lot of treasure to go get a guy like that. However, you get a cornerstone LT.

IF, IF, IF the Fins sign a CB like Grimes...in my opinion the only other needs (in no particular order) would be RB, blocking TE, CB...I would be interested in a guy like Swope or Bailey at receiver and a situational pass rusher...

By my count that is five needs I could try to get in the draft and additional FA additions. I think we could ante up those picks to get it done if the team seems fit. Maybe the Browns are not the only trade partner.

yep, ryan swope ran a 4.38 too. doesnt count. not even knowing the offense. tavon is that much better.

if it gets repeated by many, then it must be true.

The 40 times mean nothing. Put the games on and watch them in pads. Ryan Swope is a good player...no doubt about it. But he really isn't comparable to Tavon Austin in terms of quickness, agility, RAC, explosiveness, elusiveness, etc. Not even in the same league.

No one thinking smoke screen? I just don't see how it could be intriguing that we trade up and take an offensive lineman...

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. San Diego looks like they want to take a tackle so it could be a ploy to get them to move up and not take someone else we have targeted that -- if the tackles were gone -- San Diego might be interested in taking.

The cool thing with that is the fact that we would still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick! If they move up I just hope the T is going be more durable that Jake Long.

I think this is a real possibility the more I look at it. What will be interesting will be what happens at one. Does KC get interest from a team interested in Smith? I want to see these tackles get pushed down.

I still like players like Austin, Trufant, Hayden and Richardson. However, the tackles are the three best players in this draft IMO.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. San Diego looks like they want to take a tackle so it could be a ploy to get them to move up and not take someone else we have targeted that -- if the tackles were gone -- San Diego might be interested in taking.
San Diego's O line needs help. From what I am hearing here it is Lane at 11.

By the way, here's a link to an interview with Jeff Darlington where he says he thinks we're going to continue to focus on skill positions and "bold moves" early on in the draft. Darlington's spot starts a few minutes in and lasts until the half way point.

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/03/22/atl-debate-club-taking-our-talents-to-south-beach/

As a few of you might know, I posted a thread about this possibility a few days ago, focusing on the parallels to the Colts offseason and draft last year.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...ins-following-the-blueprint-of-the-2012-Colts

To summarize Darlington's points:

1. Dolphins are desperate, but that's not a bad thing. Ireland is too conservative by nature and desperation helps him act.
2. Ireland deserves credit for re-working cap.
3. Philbin is having "a lot of say in this."
4. "I actually think they will go skill positions (in the draft)."
5. Still have to figure out OL, CB, etc. Also need leadership.
6. "Bold moves" coming in the draft.
7. Dolphins will make "a nice push." Depends on Tannehill.

Ireland said they had a backup plan if Jake didn't resign.

His plan B to re-signing the LT he drafted #1 overall and keeping all of our picks is not going to be spending a 1st AND a 2nd AND a 3rd for one rookie LT.

If that's Plan B, I'd be terrified by the plans they thought were even worse than that.

Ireland said they had a backup plan if Jake didn't resign.

His plan B to re-signing the LT he drafted #1 overall and keeping all of our picks is not going to be spending a 1st AND a 2nd AND a 3rd for one rookie LT.

If that's Plan B, I'd be terrified by the plans they thought were even worse than that.

You must like it better than trading for Branden Albert. lol.

While I am an Albert supporter, I like the trade up deal because the OT is obviously younger and cheaper. If a corner can be had in FA and maybe a vet situational rusher, I have no problem doing the deal.

The team was aggressive in FA, have 11 picks to start, would still have a 2, 3 and two 4's. Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson are talents...maybe the best in the draft...go get them if you have a trade partner.

You must like it better than trading for Branden Albert. lol.

While I am an Albert supporter, I like the trade up deal because the OT is obviously younger and cheaper. If a corner can be had in FA and maybe a vet situational rusher, I have no problem doing the deal.

The team was aggressive in FA, have 11 picks to start, would still have a 2, 3 and two 4's. Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson are talents...maybe the best in the draft...go get them if you have a trade partner.

Spending the #12, #42 and #77 pick in this draft on one freaking offensive tackle wouldn't be continuation of aggressiveness, it'd be continuation of doing stupid things with valuable draft picks.

Believe it would be a terrible decision to move up at the cost of a 2nd rd pick. Number of reasons, biggest of which is that this team has a number of significant holes that must be filled through the draft.. In simplest terms, would you prefer: A. Lane Johnson (of whom I am a big fan) or B. Combination of Eifert, Austin or Star L AND Brennan Williams. Cmon guys...we need players...we just be going into the Draft with the confidence that our first five (5) selections will yield IMPACT players....a competent GM should be able to target a legitimate starting tackle in Rds 2-3 while taking BPA at #12

If Ireland takes a Tackle in the 1st round again, it would only further signify that he has not learned a damn thing, people will continue to make excuses for this guy. Just sign Winston already; we spent a high 2ND rounder on Jon Martin last year, taking another high pick tells everyone that the guy is an epic bust, especially after allowing Jake to walk and not having a decent backup option. The Patriots do just fine protecting Brady with just a bunch of guys up front, we need to look at that model and follow it for gods sakes. Take a real difference maker in the first round or all this talk about going after "EXPENSIVE" players is just hot air.

We would do just right coming out early with Eifert/Swope or Austin/Ertz with our first two picks, that would have me dancing a jig in my living room and finally believing that Ireland is working with a 21st century blueprint. We can definitely get a legit O-line or secondary contributor with our second 2nd rounder or both our 3rds. Justin Pugh or Brennan Williams are above average prospects.

Back
Top Bottom