Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen

I want Defense myself. A stud 3 down DE, high range, cover FS or LB that can run with TEs and RBs and tackle could seriously improve the D. I'd be a happy man if a BPA (ish) at two of those positions were sitting there in the first two rounds. TE is the other position screaming for an upgrade. I'm hoping there is value in the third for that pick.

The Oline played better as the year went on and I think a respectable oline can be put together with the guys we have supplemented with later pick(s) and FA. Get another year out of Pouncey, coach up Tunsil and Davis at the tackles, make it work at Guard (we sure could use Asiata to step up). Keep Fasano another year for his blocking at TE. I like Drake's ability to pick up the blitz...underrated in a RB...

Everything you just wrote about the oline, has been said ad nauseam since I started coming here. Almost a decade later and we continue spinning the wheels in the mud.

But I thought Gase came here specifically because of Tannehill? Which can't be true if he's contemplating drafting a QB in the first can it?

A) Contemplating something in the present does not and cannot influence anything that happened in the past. (In other words, your "logic" is fatally flawed)
B) I don't believe they are contemplating drafting a QB.

But I thought Gase came here specifically because of Tannehill? Which can't be true if he's contemplating drafting a QB in the first can it?

I'm pretty sure we met with QB's last year too. This means virtually nothing about our draft strategy.

Again, some people just don't want to talk about Josh Allen. Sad!

I would love for us to go defense at 11, especially if there is a run on quarterbacks, as it means a top player will fall to us. But the team is smart to do its due diligence on players at all positions.

We need a player in the back 7 that is a difference maker. Someone that offenses have to specifically account for. We do not have that. Not Reshad Jones, and surely none of the LBs.

Glad we're taking a good look....but that's about it.

56% is a far cry from 62% when you consider the typical range of completion % in college quarterbacks looking to be drafted in the first round typically falls between what? 55% - 65%? Maybe 67%?

Yeah, but the Big 12 had already become a defense optional conference -- as hoops puts it -- by 2011. Tannehill's 62% sounds good but it was low middle of the pack in the Big 12. There were multiple numbers in the low 70s:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/leader/25354/team/offense/split01/category02/sort03.html

However, the Big 12 has really taken it to a new level of defensive incompetence the past two seasons. No team in that league has allowed below 7.0 YPA in either 2016 or 2017. That's hard to do. And it's one of the problems while evaluating Mayfield or Rudolph.

Network is televising from the senior bowl at all they’re doing is talking this guy Allen up. They are all over him like he’s a god.

Pass. Highly doubt he'll be an upgrade over Tanny. So many glaring holes on this team is tough to guess where they'll go. 1 thing is for sure.... whoever it is they take they'll be a bust. TenneBOMB MO

Yeah, but the Big 12 had already become a defense optional conference -- as hoops puts it -- by 2011. Tannehill's 62% sounds good but it was low middle of the pack in the Big 12. There were multiple numbers in the low 70s:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/leader/25354/team/offense/split01/category02/sort03.html

However, the Big 12 has really taken it to a new level of defensive incompetence the past two seasons. No team in that league has allowed below 7.0 YPA in either 2016 or 2017. That's hard to do. And it's one of the problems while evaluating Mayfield or Rudolph.

I did not know that off-hand, but once you said that, I immediately looked up to see where Geno Smith went to college. Mainly because I remember him putting up eye-popping stats in college....to no surprise, I had found he was also in the Big 12 Conference.

Everything you just wrote about the oline, has been said ad nauseam since I started coming here. Almost a decade later and we continue spinning the wheels in the mud.

Your point is a very good one. it's not that Im "happy" with the state of the oline. I'd love to have a dominant line. I just think we need to address the defense as a priority. I fully admit to some biasness too as an old defensive player and coach!

We need a player in the back 7 that is a difference maker. Someone that offenses have to specifically account for. We do not have that. Not Reshad Jones, and surely none of the LBs.

I know this is unpopular, but if one of those freakish DL prospects falls, I'm taking him.

Network is televising from the senior bowl at all they’re doing is talking this guy Allen up. They are all over him like he’s a god.

That goes along with what I posted in the Draft Forum yesterday after ckparrothead posted that Adam Gase was going to like Josh Allen. I wrote that he'd have plenty of company among the other coaches. Allen is going to look great in passing drills and anything where raw talent is measured.

Speaking of measuring, I read that Allen has 10 1/8 inch hands as recorded at the Senior Bowl. That is only going to help him.

Back
Top Bottom