Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen

I know this is unpopular, but if one of those freakish DL prospects falls, I'm taking him.

That's why fans aren't allowed in front offices. The day it becomes a bad decision to draft a "freakish DL" I don't want to follow football anymore.

Which reminds me

The day an NFL team pays a slot WR 14.5...........nevermind.

I did not know that off-hand, but once you said that, I immediately looked up to see where Geno Smith went to college. Mainly because I remember him putting up eye-popping stats in college....to no surprise, I had found he was also in the Big 12 Conference.

Many examples in the Big 12 recently -- Gabbert, Griffin, Weeden, Smith...and Bradford has fallen short of expectation. We did well with Tannehill in comparison to the norm.

That's why fans aren't allowed in front offices. The day it becomes a bad decision to draft a "freakish DL" I don't want to follow football anymore.

Which reminds me

The day an NFL team pays a slot WR 14.5...........nevermind.

Well I was just thinking of Marcus Davenport apparently posting some freakish body measurement and workout numbers today. That's a guy that if we pick him, will have a lot of people screaming -- and maybe rightfully so -- but I think the need for defensive impact playmakers was shown pretty decisively in 2017. That kind of guy could be just what the doctor ordered.

I'm really interested to see where Allen gets drafted. I think the people who believe he will be gone in the top ten are right. He looks too good in underwear.

I can see Davenport going up the boards in a hurry. If he's there at 11 we'd have to consider it. We need pass rushers to beat Brady

Ozzy rules!!

If the front office is doing their homework they will bring in several players to interview. Due to it being a QB everyone dislikes the idea but how many times do you see a QB class that looks like this one. So is Mayfield comes in are we going to bash that too? Let them talk to all of them and gauge if they meet our needs from the intelligence standpoint. You can look at tape all day. But a gritty,tough and strong Qb could be the answer.

We already have the RIGHT one.

Let's hope he's willing to come back and play for us after we misdiagnosed his injury so bad.

#luckytohaveTannehill

I dont care if it was Dan Marino. He isnt the right QB if he is wearing street clothes on sundays.

Actually, this is his accuracy percentage in college, which is what we are comparing. Not a huge difference between 56% and 62%.

Ryan Tannehill* 62.53 2008 2011

Actually there is quite a bit of difference between the 2, and a passer who is worth a crap is always north of 60% in the NFL or college in this day and age!

I know this is unpopular, but if one of those freakish DL prospects falls, I'm taking him.

I hear you but, I've watched teams scheme Suh and Wake into irrelevance in too many games because the players behind them make so little difference. Suh takes up two, Wake is on the QB in 2 secs and the LBs and secondary can't diagnose a screen to save their lives or cover for 1.5 seconds, or deliver the game changing hit when they should have a clear path to the ball.

Im going to make three predictions. I know, what courage from an anonymous online poster with no accountability...

1) We will interview multiple QBs that could be drafted in the first round
2) Each interview will spark numerous posts confirming or refuting that Gase considers Tannehill the albatross around his neck
3) We won't pick a QB at 11.

Whoever we don't talk to is who we're drafting.

Davenport stands to gain the most from these draft eligible bowls. Nobody trusts the competition he played against. If he plays well and then tests well at the combine he won't make it to the twenties.

Kid is a true 4-3 end, Miami needs to figure him out. What seperates him is his deceptive brute strength on the run. Don't know if it's a mirage or not...

Back
Top Bottom