Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen

Those are all situations that don't resemble the 2018 Dolphins. Brees was BENCHED for Doug Flutie for part of the 2003 season. That is why the Chargers drafted a QB in 2004. Favre and Smith had just finished their 14th and 11th years, respectively. Got any more examples?

Ryan Tannehill hurt his knee in his fifth season and that ended his season early, and that knee ultimately cost him his sixth season. Also let's not pretend we are talking about a perennial pro bowler since his rookie year with division titles and play off appearances to his name. So far Tannehill has zero pro bowl appearances, zero all pro, zero division titles, and zero play off appearances (maybe he would have got us the results Moore did to end 2016, then again he could have blown it like a previous season). That means Tannehill is replaceable because he's never emerged as anything more than a good middle of the pack quarterback.

So like I said, if this front office believes that an available quarterback offers them an upgrade then they should take them, even if it means developing them over a season or two behind Tannehill, then trading Tannehill and giving the new QB the reins.

This team isn't a QB away, then again, depending on your view of Tannehill we might also not have a true franchise quarterback. And until that vacancy is filled, this team should always consider drafting a quarterback.

I am praying we do not make another stupid pick. Josh Allen with flash at the combined and work outs but he couldn't complete 57% of his passes at Wyoming. He was air balling passes during practice this week, in the NFL today good accuracy is necessary you just don't learn it through coaching.

Sounds like he would be a huge reach at 11, hopefully we're not that stupid, because we are pretty dumb.

Wouldn't set us back any further than we already are, lol. Give me a break.

We have a passable yet unspectacular QB at best(and he's coming off ACL reconstruction). We don't have a good defense. We don't have anything. The team has zero identity.

There's no position that can't be upgraded.

I’ve been watching the Senior Bowl practices for the last 2 days, it does seem that Josh Allen has been horribly inaccurate in his passes in the team drills. Although he’s flashed some arm talent in individual drills. I have mixed emotions about him. I’m on the fence about, whether he’ll be a better pro, than he’s shown so far as a collegiate player.

Ryan Tannehill hurt his knee in his fifth season and that ended his season early, and that knee ultimately cost him his sixth season. Also let's not pretend we are talking about a perennial pro bowler since his rookie year with division titles and play off appearances to his name. So far Tannehill has zero pro bowl appearances, zero all pro, zero division titles, and zero play off appearances (maybe he would have got us the results Moore did to end 2016, then again he could have blown it like a previous season). That means Tannehill is replaceable because he's never emerged as anything more than a good middle of the pack quarterback.

So like I said, if this front office believes that an available quarterback offers them an upgrade then they should take them, even if it means developing them over a season or two behind Tannehill, then trading Tannehill and giving the new QB the reins.

This team isn't a QB away, then again, depending on your view of Tannehill we might also not have a true franchise quarterback. And until that vacancy is filled, this team should always consider drafting a quarterback.
IMO, it is filled until his play on the field says otherwise.

Wouldn't set us back any further than we already are, lol. Give me a break.

We have a passable yet unspectacular QB at best(and he's coming off ACL reconstruction). We don't have a good defense. We don't have anything. The team has zero identity.

There's no position that can't be upgraded.

So what, that doesn't mean Miami should reach for a QB @ 11. If someone like Rosen falls to 11 then O.K, but he's likely too good to fall. There are starters Miami should be drafting @ 11, not developmental Qb's who can be had in later rounds.

IMO, it is filled until his play on the field says otherwise.

So for you Ryan Tannehill is a franchise quarterback and his starting status is unquestionable? Furthermore, we should not draft or sign any quarterback that adds legitimate competition for his place or becomes a potential successor to him should his play drop off?

I don’t get it. I love josh Allen as I’m from Wyoming and really enjoy the excitement he’s brought back to the program. However is there a better comparison for him right now than Ryan Tannehill??? Maybe Flacco? Both Allen and Tannehill have big arms and are athletic. They can make all of the throws for an nfl qb. However there are some accuracy issues and they tend to start slow or even disappear at times. Both struggle against top competition. Both also need better talent around them to reach maximum potential. So I guess for some of you it really is anybody but Tannehill even if it’s a guy just like him???

Nowadays, your 1st round pick is expected to impact your team for five years because that's the length of the contract they get (including fifth year option). After that, you're re-signing your own guys to market level deals or picking up other guys for market level deals.

The last five 1st round picks of the Miami Dolphins were Dion Jordan, Ja'Wuan James, DeVante Parker, Laremy Tunsil, and Charles Harris.

What did we get from those players in 2017?

This is why it's funny to me to hear talk about how using the 11th pick on a guy to groom behind Tannehill would "set the franchise back". Really?

Back
Top Bottom