Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall.

Look at this.

And remember when he hit his head on the turf several times in the first few weeks?

We need to teach Tua how to fall properly. Judo teaches you to tuck your chin in and slap the ground with your hands/arms to avoid hitting your head. It becomes second nature.

One time I was on a job site, and I was distracted (my own fault, rarely ever happens). Someone had borrowed one of our smaller ladders and replaced it with a 12 foot ladder. I wasn't paying attention (again, my fault) and I just forgot, and as I was going down the ladder, I thought I had reached the ground, but instead there was still 3 or so more ladder rungs to go. I fell backwards off the ladder, and my judo instincts kicked in and I tucked my chin into my chest, my arms winged out and slapped the ground and my back slammed into the ground but my head did not even graze the concrete floor. I was fine. No injury, not even a bruise on my back. Got right back up, laughed, and went back to work.

Tua needs to learn how to fall. I understand he has a helmet on, but I feel there can be things done to help teach him how to contort his body or avoid injury better. If you look at the tape, he becomes a ragdoll and allows the defender to do whatever they want with him. He should be countering their momentum for his benefit, so he can hit the ground in much safer ways.

I am serious, Mike McDaniels should have the Dolphins put him in Judo classes or something. Teach him the best mechanics of how to fall when a defender is tackling you at different angles.

This might prolong his career and avoid serious injury.

100% man. Been saying the same. Would do him wonders. Extend his career.

The reality is Bruce could actually fight. He was trained by Grandmaster Ip Man, famous for his international Wing Chun academy.

Fun fact: Bruce only had one official fight , which ended being up a western style boxing match. He won, easily. He had a ton of skill but he understood that his mastered martial arts were just part of the fighting equation. If he were here to compete today he would no doubt be able to strike with anyone in his weight class. His wrestling would be the biggest question mark IMO.

Alright that's my off topic Bruce Lee post lol. :NUTS:

The reality is Bruce could actually fight. He was trained by Grandmaster Ip Man, famous for his international Wing Chun academy.

Fun fact: Bruce only had one official fight , which ended being up a western style boxing match. He won, easily. He had a ton of skill but he understood that his mastered martial arts were just part of the fighting equation. If he were here to compete today he would no doubt be able to strike with anyone in his weight class. His wrestling would be the biggest question mark IMO.

Alright that's my off topic Bruce Lee post lol. :NUTS:
You can not say anyone can fight if they don't have a professional fight career.

Everything you say is make believe.

He was never a professional fighter, so to claim he can beat anyone is a joke. You gotta go out there and prove you can fight, or else you're just make believe... nothing but a hollywood actor like Bruce was.

I would submit Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee was an actor. Never held a single world title in any martial art.

Never won a single tournament on any level including amateur.

Imagine some guy today saying he’s the greatest mixed martial artist but refusing to go into the octagon because reasons… You would laugh at him. But because this guy was in your favorite movies as a child, you think he’s god of fighting.

Imagine some guy today saying he’s the greatest mixed martial artist but refusing to go into the octagon because reasons… You would laugh at him. But because this guy was in your favorite movies as a child, you think he’s god of fighting.
I am a second degree BB in Tae Kwon Do and was an instructor for 6 years. My style is best suited for Olympic competition, as is Jeet Kwon Do (Bruce Lee’s style), but would not be very effective in a street fight or a fight that goes to the ground. Street fighters don’t compete in tournaments where they score points. Street fighters are trying to kill you.

That being said, I have said earlier on this thread that Tua would benefit greatly in learning how to break a fall, which is a component of EVERY martial art.

Exactly, thats why i said i would submit him

Tua took martial arts. It took him 6 minutes to get his first black belt in Karate and only an hour later he beat up Chuck Norris, brought him to tears. He mastered Judo on a coffee break. Don't get it twisted, Tua is a BAAAAD man, he KNOWS how to fall, the problem is the earth has not yet learned how to catch him. Let's be patient, the earth is still evolving into a more Tua-centric planet, capable of providing a Tua-safe environment.

You can not say anyone can fight if they don't have a professional fight career.

Everything you say is make believe.

He was never a professional fighter, so to claim he can beat anyone is a joke. You gotta go out there and prove you can fight, or else you're just make believe... nothing but a hollywood actor like Bruce was.
That is certainly one opinion. I always find it funny when people call professional fighters, fighters. They are professional fighters because they prefer the protection of a ring, ropes, and refs. While there are exceptions, there are very few "professional fighters" who would survive on the streets. Especially grapplers and wrestlers. Take a fight to the ground when it's 3 on 3 or 20 vs 20, and your done before you have time for a arm bar or triangle choke. It's one thing to have courage in a ring when losing means a ref standing over you saying "try again next month", but a total different thing when on a battlefield where the winners go back to camp and the losers get dirt thrown in their face.

Back
Top Bottom