Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins need to enroll Tua in judo classes. I am serious. He doesn't know how to properly fall.

What people fail to see that call Bruce Lee just an actor is that all the major champions sought out his instructions. Why if he was nothing but an actor? None of them could touch him.

Plus he only became an actor to support his family after he was an instructor.

Look at this.

And remember when he hit his head on the turf several times in the first few weeks?

We need to teach Tua how to fall properly. Judo teaches you to tuck your chin in and slap the ground with your hands/arms to avoid hitting your head. It becomes second nature.

One time I was on a job site, and I was distracted (my own fault, rarely ever happens). Someone had borrowed one of our smaller ladders and replaced it with a 12 foot ladder. I wasn't paying attention (again, my fault) and I just forgot, and as I was going down the ladder, I thought I had reached the ground, but instead there was still 3 or so more ladder rungs to go. I fell backwards off the ladder, and my judo instincts kicked in and I tucked my chin into my chest, my arms winged out and slapped the ground and my back slammed into the ground but my head did not even graze the concrete floor. I was fine. No injury, not even a bruise on my back. Got right back up, laughed, and went back to work.

Tua needs to learn how to fall. I understand he has a helmet on, but I feel there can be things done to help teach him how to contort his body or avoid injury better. If you look at the tape, he becomes a ragdoll and allows the defender to do whatever they want with him. He should be countering their momentum for his benefit, so he can hit the ground in much safer ways.

I am serious, Mike McDaniels should have the Dolphins put him in Judo classes or something. Teach him the best mechanics of how to fall when a defender is tackling you at different angles.

This might prolong his career and avoid serious injury.

As long as it doesnā€™t teach that in lieu of maintaining possession of an oblong air-filled pigskin upon contact with said ground.

No they are professional fighters because their profession is fighting...
LMBO, being a professional means someone is paying you to do it. Under that definition there is a 7th grade girl in the neighborhood that classmates are paying to beat up people for them. I'm sure Bruce would be no match for her as a professional fighter. He probably would run for the hills if he were still alive.
But seriously, pro wrestlers can say their profession is fighting, as could Bruce Lee for that matter. He got paid to show fight related instruction.
1670723016425.png

Last edited:
LMBO, being a professional means someone is paying you to do it. Under that definition there is a 7th grade girl in the neighborhood that classmates are paying to beat up people for them. I'm sure Bruce would be no match for her as a professional fighter. He probably would run for the hills if he were still alive.
But seriously, pro wrestlers can say their profession is fighting, as could Bruce Lee for that matter. He got paid to show fight related instruction.
View attachment 125022

Seems he really doesn't know how to fall, instead of falling forward he twisted around and landed on his head.

Seems he really doesn't know how to fall, instead of falling forward he twisted around and landed on his head.
That was ridiculous. When you fall forwards you have much better control over how you fall. You can put your arms out. Why would you contort your body so you fall backwards?

Back
Top Bottom