Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

You see, I believe Ross did have a guage on it. He supposedly took the man out to dinner last night and stayed in town for second interview.

how at this point can the man not see he is interested? Cesario had no intention of ever taking this job and the patriots basically told everyone this afterwards.

So like I say, paybacks a bi***! Brady is getting old and whiny so much that he wont watch the superbowl. How noble of you tommy boy.

If this is the case, that Ross went to the point of that added face time beyond the interview, and took him out for dinner. And Cesario looked Ross in the eye as if to be interested. This speaks more of Cesario than Ross. Maybe I am naïve.

Brian Gaine, if he has an agent, would be encouraged by said agent to find a job somewhere else because staying with Miami looks like career suicide now. He's becoming a cuckold to an extreme and if he's the last man standing, then he probably isn't even a man.

If Gaine turned the job down, Ross would HAVE to sell the team at that point out of sheer embarrassment. So maybe that's what we should hope for...

I wish we would've just offered the job to Licht. He was my 2nd choice behind Xanders. buuut no, we had to do this thorough, find the best no matter the time frame farce of a gm search. He was def. the best candidate besides Caserio.

What could have been. We put so much damn emphasis on the search, rather than emphasising identifying the best guy and getting him. **** this drawn out search

It was obviously all about him getting a raise. I never said it wasnt.

However there is nothing wrong with that. It happens all the time. You were suggesting that he or his agent wouldve lied about him getting the job offer though. That is not the case at all.

All I'm saying is wait at least a day before you jump off the cliff.

After the misreporting that Lazor was hired for OC of the Lions, that Licht was offered a job, that Ross was flying to China, and that we were interviewing Mark Dominik... maybe just wait.

After the misreporting that Lazor was hired for OC of the Lions, that Licht was offered a job, that Ross was flying to China, and that we were interviewing Mark Dominik... maybe just wait.

I'm not jumping off a cliff because someone else is a moron.

But I'm going to fling **** at the moron when it's appropriate, and right now is one of those times that it's appropriate. And I'm going to try to enjoy it.

I don't even give a shi* anymore this whole organization has turned into a cluster f**k. Ross should've just cleaned house from the get go, no GM wants a part of this 3 headed monster.

dude, he turned down the offer so fast that he probly was on the phone with Bill as soon as he was offered. That is unethical. You dont continue a second interview and string along people making them think your interested when you indeed are not.

He wouldn't have been offered raised by Pats if he just did one interview and then came "home", even though intentions were a money grab, he must have said some smart things in the interviews, thus being offered the job, once the Pats knew the job was on table, they did what he set out for. Happens everyday in every job market, part of the way. Plus would think we Miami fans are use to being used, lied to, etc.. i.e. "I am not taking the Alabama job"

dude, Hyde contacted someone inside the organization and their response was, "We're disappointed [Caserio declined], but have other candidates" The Dolphins acknowledged this. That's not speculation, it's what has happened

Just hire Gaine and be done with it. He's the only one who would fit into the plans at this time. No other GM wants part of this cluster fu*k.

I'm not jumping off a cliff because someone else is a moron.

But I'm going to fling **** at the moron when it's appropriate, and right now is one of those times that it's appropriate. And I'm going to try to enjoy it.

We'll I never wanted this shyster anyways. He can go back to being Buster's stunt double on Arrested Development.

Or perhaps Ross leaked it because he intended to hire Gaine among the final four candidates. By having an offer rejected by an outside candidate he is able to deflect the criticism as to why he conducted a GM search in the first place. So Ross could also have been using Caserio for his own purposes. Ross saves face and Caserio gets his raise. Who the hell knows what exactly went down?

So you don't think Caserio could have used the Phins from the jump and he was the one he leaked he was offered the job?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it even been confirmed that Caserio got a raise from the Pats? Everyone seems to think that's what happened, but I haven't seem a report on that.

Back
Top Bottom