Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

You know I am one to always give the benefit of the doubt and have hope, but at this point I am just tired from disappointment. This GM search was supposed to give this franchise somewhat of a fresh start and has been nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment. The logical move right now would to promote Gaine, but I have a sick feeling that even that will be botched somehow.

If Gaine does end up getting the GM job, I will support him and hope for the best. Truthfully he is probably just as qualified as guys like Farmer and Caserio and in the end might end up being a great hire. But it still doesn't erase the embarrassment of the overall search and the fact that our first choice rejected the offer. That hurts.

When the OC and GM search began it was expected the GM hire would be easy, but the OC hire would be hard. Instead Philbin filled the OC spot pretty easily with a solid hire and the GM search for the most part has been a disaster.

Well I can't disagree with you. But what I keep telling myself is most of these candidates are a risk. It's a roll of the dice whether they are any good or not. At least from we the fans sit.

Well if any fan accepts just because of that I question their thinking. Let me see because the canidates we really wanted don't want the job here take our 5th choice.
Screw it Im all in for Lake Dawson because well nobody else wants the job and I would like a fresh perspective

The problem with that is I think if we get an outside candidate Ross will feel obliged to keep him on for at least 4 years, even if Philbin fails and is replaced. I don't think we can afford to be saddled with a subpar GM for that long.

I think Ross may be able to fire Gaine more quickly because he was part of the regime for awhile

The problem with that is I think if we get an outside candidate Ross will feel obliged to keep him on for at least 4 years, even if Philbin fails and is replaced. I don't think we can afford to be saddled with a subpar GM for that long.

I think Ross may be able to fire Gaine more quickly because he was part of the regime for awhile

Well I haven't seen Ross make any football fires quickly. This is one reason he should not be insisting keeping Philbin if that's the case.
Screw it have Carl Peterson GM for a year keep Gaine in role then decide if Gaine deserves the promotion. Give him many of the responsibilities of the GM and a substantial one year raise.

How many times in the last decade have we thought it couldn't get any worse? How many times have they shown us it can?

Until I die I'm not giving up. I'm a fan. With all the losing we have had to go through keeping up and watching the Dolphins is one of my fav things to do in my life. I don't think they are here for me. I understand I am there for them.

If bitching about every wrong turn floats your boat, super duper to you brother. But by the time I was 10 I figured out there are things I cannot control. Enjoy the ride or get off the ride. Those seem to be the two rational options to me.

The funny thing is, this team has talent and can easily compete for a playoff spot again in 2014. A few key re-signings and a few moves in free agency and the draft and this team has playoff talent. Yet our owner, all these negative behind the scene leaks, the botched GM search and the bullying scandal paints a huge dark cloud over this team and makes us a punch line. On the field, things aren't that bad.

I guess you missed the last two games.

...If bitching about every wrong turn floats your boat, super duper to you brother. But by the time I was 10 I figured out there are things I cannot control. Enjoy the ride or get off the ride. Those seem to be the two rational options to me.

I have not bitched and have been a supporter and defender thru all the hard times...but the last week or two has really opened my eyes to how the organization is perceived and it's very depressing....

When you have a good owner, they get what they want and it's just a matter of whether it's a good move. We can't even tell if Ross's choices are good because he's been unable to pull the trigger and we keep having to settle for (at least) the second choice...

I guess you missed the last two games.

We were one win away from the playoffs. The team collapsed, but overall this team was close to being a playoff team. Obviously they didn't do enough to make it happen, but it still doesn't change the fact that they were close to making the playoffs this past season.

What I mean by "aren't that bad" is that this team needs some pieces added and that this is not a blow up and start over type roster. It is possible to make the right moves in free agency and the draft to push them over being "close" to being in the playoffs. The question is, will they have the right people in the front office making those choices to close the gap.

I heard that the big sticking point was Casario would report to Dawn Ireland the new assistant to CZar IDawn

Why so irritated? All we need is for another scout to wander in here, post a dozen or so stroking paragraphs on the state of the franchise, and everyone will lap it up.

This is what's MOST troubling. You have legitimate candidates coming here to interview who have spent days of preparing for this. I'm sure they all watched the film on the Dolphins players, came up with a specific plan in the form of positional upgrades via draft and free agency. Discussed how the scouting department would operate, how they would bring in players that would fit the current coaching staff's systems, (due to the fact Philbin is already here, which means they probably even spent time looking at the coordinators systems) and gave specific details on their past successes and how that would translate into future success's. They were all probably well prepared. So.......Here comes this last minute interview out of the blue that no one saw coming. If Caserio came here only to drive his price up with the Pats, which by all reports seems to be the case, how much do you think he prepared for the interview. I'm sure not nearly to the extent of the legitimate candidates, if at all. So he basically came here, sat through the interviews, and was offered the position. All in two days. This means he is either the best bull****ter in the history of the world, or the people sittin in on the interview, as a group, are TOTALLY inept. How could you NOT sniff out what this guy was doing. Didn't he seem a little unprepaired? Was he able to answer specific questions related to the team? Did he have a methodical plan with concrete examples showing how he would turn the team around? Ross let himself, his so called advisors, and coach be fooled by a person who basically flew into South Fla for a weekend to catch a few rays. Don't you think Ross, Peterson, and Philbin collectively should have been able to sniff this out? He has a room full of buffoons advising him. There is no way on God's green earth he could have been as prepared in comparison to the candidates who really wanted this job. This speaks volumes about how bad it really is. I knew it was not good, but this is disastrous.
It's like going out with a chick twice, and asking her to marry you, only to find out she was using you to make her boyfriend jealous. And the best part is, you and your friends were so inept, you didn't even realize she had been calling you by the wrong name for two days! I didn't want to believe it, but we are totally screwed.

Whats your point, Skape? You married? Got a girlfriend? Werent you f@cking her the other day before you got into that fight about some $hit the following night?

Sorry if that was brazen but I take it someone like you needs it rough in order to understand that life is not im on this side and your on the opposite side. If Im on a side and someone tells me that the issue is physically assaulting homosexuals because of their sexual preference and that I have to be for assault because the other side is against and our side has to stick together, Im walking over to the other f@cking side.

What are you, in grade school? " Teacher! Teacher! OnDaChainWax was defending Ross for intelligently taking his time with the search but hes upset because Ross seems to be oblivious that he cannot take even a .01% risk at more public humiliation. Tell him he cant do that teacher!"

Grow up.
I can't believe I read this. Twice. I have no clue, time for bed.

Disappointed he turned us down. It definitely makes one wonder if that was his intention all along ... which cannot be great for his future chances honestly. But, if there is a silver lining at all, it would be that we offered the job to the best candidate. If Cesario had wanted the job and we offered it to Hickey, I would have been upset.

At this point, Brian Gaine is once again my preference ... although it definitely feels like leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom