Dolphins officially announcing staff hires | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins officially announcing staff hires

Definitely Brian Flores is. He brought in his favorite offensive staff as if he’s the quarterback for the next 10 years
He's trying to improve his football team, can't fault him for that. We'll see in a few months whether he was right or wrong in making these moves. The pressure will be on, that's for sure.

I am 100% fine with the hires. I think our most improved unit over the course of the season was our secondary and now Boyer is our DC. Chan Gailey has been successful as an OC on teams with limited talent. His hire makes a lot of sense if we plan to draft a QB. I think he will make it easier for Tua or Herbert to adjust to the speed of the game at the NFL level.

He's trying to improve his football team, can't fault him for that. We'll see in a few months whether he was right or wrong in making these moves. The pressure will be on, that's for sure.
I hope you’re right but giving the keys to a 38-year-old quarterback who has never sniffed the playoffs doesn’t sound like a smart plan

I hope you’re right but giving the keys to a 38-year-old quarterback who has never sniffed the playoffs doesn’t sound like a smart plan

Your thoughts are that we won’t be drafting a QB who will play sooner rather than later in 2020?

Or you think we are waiting till 2021?

Not worried at all. Gailey's offense's were almost unstoppable the last few years he coached. Very very difficult to defend.
Has he coached since the Jets?

2015 Jets were middle of the pack everywhere on offense while tied for 3rd easiest schedule of all NFL teams
2016 they were flat out bottom of the league playing an average schedule

Some insight in Gailey from what Flores thinks-

“I know he’s a great teacher. Just in my conversations with several players and coaches that have spent time with him, and that’s obviously very important. The first thing I should have said is that. Obviously we had a lot of turnover this year, we’re obviously going to have more turnover.

“We’re at the Senior Bowl. We got a lot of draft picks. Every team has a lot of turnover. Having great teachers in the building is important. We have a staff full of great teachers.

Some insight in Gailey from what Flores thinks-

“I know he’s a great teacher. Just in my conversations with several players and coaches that have spent time with him, and that’s obviously very important. The first thing I should have said is that. Obviously we had a lot of turnover this year, we’re obviously going to have more turnover.

“We’re at the Senior Bowl. We got a lot of draft picks. Every team has a lot of turnover. Having great teachers in the building is important. We have a staff full of great teachers.

Sounds like Fitz sold him on Gailey. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Still confused about the exodus of coaches. All of them had solid reputations, coming over from New England. I don't understand what really happened between Flores and these guys; to warrant firings and even worse coaches leaving for other jobs percieved to be better than in Miami. Not a good look for a HC, to have this much change over, after just one season. The Replacements don't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Not expecting much from an over the hill gang of coaches. That last year in New York with the Jets was absolutely an abysmal offensive showing. Come On Maaaaan!!! You can do better than this, couldn't you? Miami has a decent core of skill position players amongst its WR's and TE's to work with. But are these Retirees going to be able to make things work. I'm not sure I can see anything too positive.

By looking at Gailey's offensive splits from his stint in NY, I'm worried that Gailey is still in trying to get in 3rd and manageable mode by running heavily on 1st and 2nd down. Im going to sound arrogant here but that ship has sailed awhile ago. While I like the idea that he's a sound teacher and this cant be dismissed, I think being a teacher and actually calling a good game are 2 very different skillsets. I would be much more comfortable if they also hired someone specialized in this and just gave that guy the playcaller role. I realize I sound like an idiot saying this as no one ever did this, but I really feel like calling plays and teaching players how to execute plays are 2 totally different things and require different skills.... Just my opinion.

Last edited:
By looking at Gailey's offensive splits from his stint in NY, I'm worried that Gaily is still in trying to get in 3rd and manageable mode by running heavily on 1st and 2nd down. Im going to sound arrogant here but that ship has sailed awhile ago. While I like the idea that he's a sound teacher and that this cant be dismissed, I think being a teacher and actually calling a good game are 2 very different skillsets. I would be much more comfortable if they also hired someone specialized in this and just gave that guy the playcaller role. I realize I sound like an idiot saying this as no one ever did this, but I really feel like calling plays and teaching players how to execute plays are 2 totally different things and require different skills.... Just my opinion.
I hear you brother. Maybe there is a plan for the long term to coach up a younger coach to be a OC.

Back
Top Bottom