Dolphins officially announcing staff hires | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins officially announcing staff hires

Sounds like Fitz sold him on Gailey. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Flores seems to stress the teaching component of coaching... and with the turnover of rosters, I can appreciate that aspect. Remember with some other staffs we said we really didn’t see player growth and improvement?

I am not saying it will work out with this group, but I can say, I kinda understand the approach..

By looking at Gailey's offensive splits from his stint in NY, I'm worried that Gaily is still in trying to get in 3rd and manageable mode by running heavily on 1st and 2nd down. Im going to sound arrogant here but that ship has sailed awhile ago. While I like the idea that he's a sound teacher and that this cant be dismissed, I think being a teacher and actually calling a good game are 2 very different skillsets. I would be much more comfortable if they also hired someone specialized in this and just gave that guy the playcaller role. I realize I sound like an idiot saying this as no one ever did this, but I really feel like calling plays and teaching players how to execute plays are 2 totally different things and require different skills.... Just my opinion.

good point, something said about the Super Bowl teams, they have excellent play callers.

By looking at Gailey's offensive splits from his stint in NY, I'm worried that Gaily is still in trying to get in 3rd and manageable mode by running heavily on 1st and 2nd down. Im going to sound arrogant here but that ship has sailed awhile ago. While I like the idea that he's a sound teacher and this cant be dismissed, I think being a teacher and actually calling a good game are 2 very different skillsets. I would be much more comfortable if they also hired someone specialized in this and just gave that guy the playcaller role. I realize I sound like an idiot saying this as no one ever did this, but I really feel like calling plays and teaching players how to execute plays are 2 totally different things and require different skills.... Just my opinion.
Solid analysis. Makes you wonder if there is going to be a major off-season move for RB/FB.

Solid analysis. Makes you wonder if there is going to be a major off-season move for RB/FB.
I really hope not. But at this point, nothing would surprise me anymore... BTW that anwser would've been very different just last year. At the time I thought going against the grain and buidling a dominant running game might be something to consider going foward for a a variety of reason some of them being how cheap good RBs are, the size of defenders seemingly decreasing as the years go by to field faster defenders and how that would in theory give fits to opponents who are building their defense to stop the passing game. It would also allow you to field not great QBs because they would be hidden by your running game.

J-off flat out told me, nah... uh-uh, those days are gone.

So I set out to prove him wrong, lets just say I failed miserably.

Is it possible? sure... Sustainable? not really...

I was impressed with Flores at the end of the season, but the turnover and replacements have kind of moved the needle back to square one. I don't know how much of this year's product was Flores, or the staff that departed. The Minkah situation was questionable as well. I like the emphasis on maximizing the talent available With the focus on teaching, but playcalling and game management are definitely mysteries for now.

I was impressed with Flores at the end of the season, but the turnover and replacements have kind of moved the needle back to square one. I don't know how much of this year's product was Flores, or the staff that departed. The Minkah situation was questionable as well. I like the emphasis on maximizing the talent available With the focus on teaching, but playcalling and game management are definitely mysteries for now.

Totally agree, I have a feeling that we will never know what transpired between Flores and the coaches but in my eyes this offseason has started out on a bad foot. Cadwell wants to coach now that he is healthy again....but not with the Phins, why? Hiring a high school coach to jump straight to the NFL? why? no better candidates out there? Loosing more than 40% o a coaching staff that did an incredible job considering the players they had to work with. Why? Way too many questions and not enough answers.

This org has hit an all time low when we’re exited about a 38 yo Ryan Fitzpatrick starting for us next yr.
All time low If her was 28. No way he can be our QB next year. Backup ok. Starter? Ugh.

But Gailey’s No. 1 job is to help the team identify the right quarterback in this year’s draft, and then turn him into a star once the Dolphins draft him.
Wow, that's certainly a heaping helping of responsibility. I will say one thing: Flores is all about accountability. I'm not sure if it leads him ultimately to coach of the year or the unemployment line but I do admire how he's not using our low level talent base as an excuse to rank near the bottom of the league in offensive statistical rank. I'll at least give him that. The Dolphins finished 27th in yards (310 per game), 25th in scoring (19.1) and last in rushing (72.3) in 2019. In what world is that anywhere near good enough? Well, to Flores it obviously isn't - and he's not making excuses about it. Lack of talented play makers be damned. High staff turnover means a new learning curve again so that'll take some time to overcome. But I do laud the coach for not being afraid to pull triggers. And you know what? If Gailey isn't getting it done, he'll be gone too. That's ENORMOUS pressure on any incoming coach....and might explain why so many of our other coaches wanted out?

Love the job coach Flores has done so far but I can't help feeling a bit worried about these hires. I feel like we've gone backwards in that department but time will tell and I hope I'm wrong.

This is exactly where I’m at right now.

This org has hit an all time low when we’re exited about a 38 yo Ryan Fitzpatrick starting for us next yr.

These coaches do nothing for my confidence going forward...so seems like a big step backward
Add that to a 38 year old QB who's M.O. is inconsistency game to game and year to year sure stomps on the tail end of the season's highs and the future picks coming

Back
Top Bottom