Dolphins OL Ranked Last in 2014 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins OL Ranked Last in 2014

"Death, taxes, and I'm worried about the o-line"

What are the three guarantees in life, Alex.

The one excuse you can give to Pouncey (and I wouldn't) is that he missed all of camp and the first month of the season. Not a good excuse, but if you want to keep him you are going off of that.

As the year went on, Satele struggled more and more as well, and we saw what Colledge became as the year went on.

I think it's fair to say a healthy Albert (big if), healthy Pouncey, James, and hopefully a ready Turner makes the OL average, but we can't bank on that or we'll get a similar situation to Jon Martin being able to play LT

I don't know what to think on Pouncey. He was horrible this year, and I'm talking one on one blocking not the position change. In 2013, he was average on the run and ranked #1 in pass blocking. However, he had Cog and Jerry at his sides. No matter what you think of those two, they were pretty damn good in pass protect, and he was not flying solo on most blocks.

I don't see how he is worth $7M for this year, and have to question signing him long term. He just has not been that good.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady and Manning and even Dan Marino make a very strong case that QB can make the line look much better than they are.
And this is what some expect and can't accept. Very few NFL QBs, including Tannehill, are not at this level and Ryan probably never will be. Does that mean you can't win with him?

Brady and Manning and even Dan Marino make a very strong case that QB can make the line look much better than they are.
Do you really believe that any QB ideally wants to play behind bad offensive lines? I know that, in terms of pass protection, Marino had some of the best offensive lines ever during his years.

And this is what some expect and can't accept. Very few NFL QBs, including Tannehill, are not at this level and Ryan probably never will be. Does that mean you can't win with him?

No, I believe we can win with RT.

Do you really believe that any QB ideally wants to play behind bad offensive lines? I know that, in terms of pass protection, Marino had some of the best offensive lines ever during his years.

Marino made those linemen good with his quick release and ability to avoid sacks via the side step. Most of them couldn't run block for **** so that tells you something about them.

Marino made those OLs look much better than they were. it's not fair to compare Ryan in any way to a top 5 all time QB though.

it could be pointed out that Tannehill also made his oline look better than they really are, by throwing over 4k yards, in spite of the OL poor stats.

it could be pointed out that Tannehill also made his oline look better than they really are, by throwing over 4k yards, in spite of the OL poor stats.

4k is meaningless when you aren't putting up points along with it but maybe he did make them look better? and I guess Miller made them look better too?

Drops are part of the game. If you are going to try to add them in then you have to count the dropped interceptions.
I subscribe to the pure stats angle.
Either you make the play or you don't. No excuses.

No doubt....but nobody is going to win anything that matters with a bottom 5 O-line.

With no right tackle the last half of the season.....both guards playing poorly.....with a rookie who isn't a left tackle having to move there halfway thru the season.

This line needs to be solidified.

An argument can be made that this draft should focus on the lines again....its amazing that a team that has drafted O-line highly so frequently is still trying to get it right.

No, guys, I'm sure if you look at the percentage of dropbacks that resulted in pressures, Miami isn't that b

B64PFFRCQAATq9g-1.png

Pretty obvious any formula PFF uses to rank is crystal meth based.

No doubt....but nobody is going to win anything that matters with a bottom 5 O-line.

With no right tackle the last half of the season.....both guards playing poorly.....with a rookie who isn't a left tackle having to move there halfway thru the season.

This line needs to be solidified.

An argument can be made that this draft should focus on the lines again....its amazing that a team that has drafted O-line highly so frequently is still trying to get it right.

where is the cutoff? according to their rankings NE is really close to the bottom 5 and they may win a SB. According to their rankings Seattle was bottom 5 last year and did win a SB.

4k is meaningless when you aren't putting up points along with it but maybe he did make them look better? and I guess Miller made them look better too?

yes, I would say miller also helped make the oline look better. doesn't take away that tannehill also made them look better. wish marino had help in the backfield.

Back
Top Bottom