Dolphins Players Reminded Daily To ‘get Over Yourself’ By New Coach Brian Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Players Reminded Daily To ‘get Over Yourself’ By New Coach Brian Flores

vehemently disagree

You can "Vehemently" all you want. But the record speaks for itself pre-Brady!
He was NOTHING!!!

Hell the year Brady got hurt and the Dolphins won the division also speaks to my point.

Now, I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's obviously a good coach. But clearly, on his own, he's not this invincible genius.

Lucky is winning one super bowl. How does one possibly get "lucky" and win the super bowl 6 times?

Trash rebuttal! How many of those SB did he win without Brady?

When Matt Cassel took the helm when Brady got hurt in the 2008 season.
How many SB did they win? Hell did they even make the playoffs?

Let me help you out...None and They didn't make the playoffs that year.

Cry me a river somewhere else..

You can "Vehemently" all you want. But the record speaks for itself pre-Brady!
He was NOTHING!!!

Hell the year Brady got hurt and the Dolphins won the division also speaks to my point.

Now, I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He's obviously a good coach. But clearly, on his own, he's not this invincible genius.
The year Brady got hurt they went 11-5, which consequently has been our best record in many years. They also plowed us down here at the end of the year in a big game for the division where we could barely force a punt despite them starting Matt Cassell.

How come Manning isn't walking around with 6 rings on his hands? Oh... right... because Belichick can actually sustain a really good defense behind his HoF QB, something even Shula couldn't do.

The myth of Belichick just being lucky or a cheater has long been busted. He's one of the best coaches to ever do it.

love it - even if players don't - don't make it a law make it a culture

Belichick will go down as the greatest Head Coach of all time...and I don't think it is even close.

Yea even if you want to big up Shula’s longevity and a perfect season . . this past generation of Patriots dominance is the type of dominance we have never seen in the sport. He is the GOAT . . . Even if he retired today IMO.

If I had to make a comparison:

Shula = Kareem
Belichek = Jordan

Most have leaned to Jordan as the best, but you still have some that can appreciate Kareem and his dominance.

I think this team can buy into it for now.

Why?

Look at them. It's not a star studded team. For most, they know they can out of the league either this offseason or next. Very few guys on this team are the untouchables. This is their time to bust their ass to show their worth or be without a job after week 4 of the preseason.

The most important thing a player can do to improve themselves is to focus on the process of getting better. Treat each step seriously and do not skip steps. Listen to coaches, absorb the lesson, and apply the lesson. “Not taking oneself too seriously” seems like a good way to stay focused, so I agree with the statement.

Let’s see if it is just a statement or if the players follow through with his stated goal.

Trash rebuttal! How many of those SB did he win without Brady?

When Matt Cassel took the helm when Brady got hurt in the 2008 season.
How many SB did they win? Hell did they even make the playoffs?

Let me help you out...None and They didn't make the playoffs that year.

Cry me a river somewhere else..

I am also not a fan of bigging up the 11-5 season without Brady.

This was a team coming of what was the most dominant season of football in NFL history.

That schedule was marshmallow for the AFC East and the Fins team that won the division was not very talented but was extremely disciplined and had very competent QB play and leadership.

I think Brady is absolutely a catalyst for the NE success but Belichek’s ability to take away what a team does best on offense is god tier. That system on both sides of the ball to get quality play from pretty much anywhere is just a machine and always keeps their head above water cap wise.

Back
Top Bottom