Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan

OTC has us at $17.5 million now

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2m2 minutes ago
Dolphins now up to more than $19 M in cap space with more moves likely to come. Saved $7.1M with Finnegan and Garner cuts.

We can't seem to get an exact number

Starks won't be cut unless Odrick re-signs.

he makes too much for how he played last year, I don't think we keep him either way.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Starks won't be cut unless Odrick re-signs.

he makes too much for how he played last year, I don't think we keep him either way.

All right, they are really trimming the fat now. I have been in agreement with every cut they have made so far this offseason.

media still seems to think we won't be players in FA.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 49m49 minutes ago
I'm warning you now, #Dolphins tweeps. DO NOT get your hopes up too high in free agency.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 48m48 minutes ago
The #Dolphins were major players in free agency during the 2013 and 2014 offseasons. Teams cannot spend big every year. #FallBack

The media is right and wrong. I don't see a Big Splash in FA but, not because we cannot, just because we choose not to. I see taking advantage of opportunities which prevent themselves like CB and NT.

However, not going overboard because of all the young talent which we have, although not yet proven. Other than a Suh type deal, we could sign whoever we wanted to but, there is not the same need to do so as in year's past.

Props to the FO for allowing these guys to get a head start on FA. If you are not keeping them, it is right to allow them a chance to find work other places. Maybe karma shines positively on this team.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 28s28 seconds ago
#Dolphins release CB Cortland Finnegan, per source

This was a given. No bonus points here scoop. JK/LOL.

Keep up the GREAT work.

Starks, Wheeler, and Ellerbe on deck. Thank god Jenkins emerged. WR, G, RB, CB, DT, S. FA and Draft can solve all of the problems.

we're gonna have a lot of particular holes going into FA, WR, CB, OL depth, and im betting LB if/when Wheeler and Ellerbe get dropped ... but I'm feeling okay with this. Can't argue as all these moves are great initiatives to get us past Ireland's mistakes.

I think he will be back on the cheap. There's no reason for him not to. When healthy he was good, he had a great leadership effect on the field too.

And at the end of the day, I don't have a clue why this team Would consider keeping a guy like will Davis over him. Davis hasn't shown very much.

dreadful signing from day 1

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2m2 minutes ago
Dolphins now up to more than $19 M in cap space with more moves likely to come. Saved $7.1M with Finnegan and Garner cuts.

We can't seem to get an exact number

No need to know that we are in good shape. Add in Ellerbe, likely Starks, new deal for Pouncey, re-do for Fields, and we're around $35M, which is where I thought we would be, and more could well be coming.

Back
Top Bottom