Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan

No need to know that we are in good shape. Add in Ellerbe, likely Starks, new deal for Pouncey, re-do for Fields, and we're around $35M, which is where I thought we would be, and more could well be coming.

Wonder what the plan is to have that much cap space? We better be re-signing the players on this team that can actually play football and not signing more free agents like Wheeler, Ellerbe and Moreno who either can't play or are injured and therefor no help.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Its funny the day Suh doesn't get tagged is the day Miami cuts more bums.

Hmmmmmmm

Don't think the two are related. No one cut today is a surprise and signing Suh would pretty much eat most of whatever cap savings we just made. Suh will get, minimum, $15 million per season...probably looking at $16 or $17 million most likely.

Wonder what the plan is to have that much cap space? We better be re-signing the players on this team that can actually play football and not signing more free agents like Wheeler, Ellerbe and Moreno who either can't play or are injured and therefor no help.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Don't think the two are related. No one cut today is a surprise and signing Suh would pretty much eat most of whatever cap savings we just made. Suh will get, minimum, $15 million per season...probably looking at $16 or $17 million most likely.

Yeah I know :lol: I was just joking/dreaming.

FWIW, IF we traded Wallace, we would very likely be up to $40M in cap space for THIS year.

Damn we ain't playing. We took a chance on him and he didn't come through. We're making all the right moves so far.

we're gonna have a lot of particular holes going into FA, WR, CB, OL depth, and im betting LB if/when Wheeler and Ellerbe get dropped ... but I'm feeling okay with this. Can't argue as all these moves are great initiatives to get us past Ireland's mistakes.

LB is already a problem and Wheeler and Ellerbe haven't even been released yet?

LB is already a problem and Wheeler and Ellerbe haven't even been released yet?

We don't create any holes by releasing those two. Ellerbe spent the season on IR so he made no contribution and Wheeler didn't want to be on the field and blamed the coaches for putting on the field in the Green Bay game when he gave up the winning TD. From that point forward Coyle spent most of the season using alignments that kept Wheeler on the sidelines. And I don't think Wheeler played on special teams so I'd say we won't be any worse off with both of them gone.

We will feel the impact of releasing Trusnik more than Ellerbe and Wheeler.

No need to know that we are in good shape. Add in Ellerbe, likely Starks, new deal for Pouncey, re-do for Fields, and we're around $35M, which is where I thought we would be, and more could well be coming.

And this is what Aponte gets paid for, say what you want, but everyone and there mom said we screwed ourselves with irelands massive spend, its not even close to true.

Like Aponte or not, but she shows her worth far more than a lot of other people in this organization.

he makes too much for how he played last year, I don't think we keep him either way.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

so did Matt Moore, but he stayed on the roster last year anyway because we had no other viable option available. Cutting Starks creates a huge hole at DT without Odrick to fill the gap. Starks is serviceable and a go stop gap until we bring in another guy to fill the void.

Question on the Suh front although I know highly unlikely although this one move alone would instantly upgrade dl, lb, cb, and safety in one move. Does the signing bonus count against this years cap? Couldn't we give him a little more bonus with a lower base salary for the first year? Couldn't that help us out with cap this year then next year if/when Wallace is gone Suh's base salary goes back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom