Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins release Cortland Finnegan

Question on the Suh front although I know highly unlikely although this one move alone would instantly upgrade dl, lb, cb, and safety in one move. Does the signing bonus count against this years cap? Couldn't we give him a little more bonus with a lower base salary for the first year? Couldn't that help us out with cap this year then next year if/when Wallace is gone Suh's base salary goes back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Signing bonus would be spread over the life of the contract. My guess is he's going to get $50+ million guaranteed. I've seen 6 years, $100 million for Suh as a strong possibility. If half of that is guaranteed you're looking at over $8 million a season in guaranteed money alone. Add in bonuses for workouts, incentives, etc. and he's over $12 million a season easy. I'm just not sure it makes sense with all the holes we have now.

Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to wait until the league year begins (March 10th) for June 1 cuts. Expect Wheeler and Ellerbe to be cut then

So you're telling me I have to wait 8 more days to hear that I don't have to see Wheeler in a Dolphins uniform ever again????

I liked Finnegan he was actually solid until he got hurt and it seemed like his tank was empty in the final couple of games.

Honestly, outside of that awful game vs the Packers, Finnegan played good ball when he was healthy.

Thing is, he's clearly at the point where he will no longer be healthy.

So long Cortland....I still am mad at you for costing us the Packer game.....good riddance.

Garbage out the door....

He just got hurt. He was actually playing well for us from my perspective until he got that ankle sprain. Then when he tried to come back at the end it was almost laughable, well it would've been if it wasn't so painful to watch at the time. Good luck to him! He may end up back with us anyways if he doesn't retire. Injuries in preseason/ training camp are a bitch!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

you had none until these recent cuts and I think you arte way down the list in terms of cap room around the league.

There's still a couple of obvious big $ cuts coming.

Keep the cuts coming!

Sorry kff the dude, he really has fallen off. He should probably just retire

Honestly, outside of that awful game vs the Packers, Finnegan played good ball when he was healthy.

Thing is, he's clearly at the point where he will no longer be healthy.

I agree, he did play well when healthy. To quote Bill Polian....."Father time is undefeated"....and I think time has caught up with CF. Time to retire....

Back
Top Bottom