Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!! | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins request permission to interview Brian Dabol!!!

He’s very talented, but when he came in the league he required a lot of development. He was inaccurate and mostly just ran, his passing has come a long way. Under Daboll Josh Allen was developed into one of the best QB’s in the league and Daboll built an offensive system around him that utilized his strengths. I could see your point if it was say, oh Tom Brady and Byron Leftwich for example. But When Josh Allen came into the league he was a raw prospect, there was no guarantee he was going to develop into what he did although he had a lot to work with for sure. You’ve got to give some credit to the coaching staff. Daboll has been and Offensive Coordinator for a long time and has had a lot of success wherever he has been.
I don’t really think Daboll has had “a lot of success” wherever he’s been. But that’s just my opinion, obviously.

As far as Allen’s development, a lot of credit has been given to his work with Jordan Palmer, who doesn’t work for the Bills.

Also depends how many teams are interested.
That is true. If he sees a different QB with another team that is more in line to run his system (not saying he would as I have no idea). But maybe he would think Fields for example is a better prospect (on a longer term rookie deal) to build his offense around. Therefore if offered buy both teams I think would chose what he thinks is the higher ceiling QB. So I do agree with you here.

Look at this. Holy chitz. Not good.

While this is scary 2018 was after his college stint in which he says he grew.

Additionally the OC has the QB he has. One could argue he finally got an effective QB (that he helped at Min to develop) and then look at his offense rankings.

So how much do you Trust what you think Tuas ceiling is (how high is it). And can Daboll help get him there (I think he proved that), the question comes to if you think properly developed and built around is Tua a top 10 QB in the NFL. If the answer is YES then past offensive rankings (before the rule changes) with the likes of Brady Quinn should not scare you

I did think Daboll did a good job for the year he was here without much to work with. Liked his passing schemes. But I really want someone who can put a monster running game in place. I believe in Tua but I think he could be an elite QB if we’re setting up the pass with the run

I find it interesting how folks can think they know how good or bad a potential head coach can be..before they are hired.

Now I get it once they are hired and you see their process play out, it could be in the first year where the red flags come, but before they become the coach I think you have to respect their process

1. Hire Brian Daboll as HC
2. Build around Tua in 2022 unless someone much better becomes available
3. Upgrade backup QB and sign Mitch Trubisky (knows Daboll's offense already)
4. Sign one or two of the top offensive line free agents (break the bank)
5. If there are still questions about Tua after 2022 season then find new QB with draft capital in 2023.

Additionally the OC has the QB he has. One could argue he finally got an effective QB (that he helped at Min to develop) and then look at his offense rankings.

So how much do you Trust what you think Tuas ceiling is (how high is it). And can Daboll help get him there (I think he proved that), the question comes to if you think properly developed and built around is Tua a top 10 QB in the NFL. If the answer is YES then past offensive rankings (before the rule changes) with the likes of Brady Quinn should not scare you
All excellent points.

Daboll did a nice job for the year he was here and he didn't have much to work with. Decent passing schemes. Had a hard time putting a running game in place. I'm not sold on Tua but I think he could be a serviceable QB if we set up the pass with the run.

Also with Miami. The prior year we were ranked 30th in points, and he got us to 20th which was progress with the likes of Matt Moore helming the offense, Those offenses weren’t bad to watch even if the execution wasn’t always there, the plays were well designed and didn’t leave you scratching your head sometimes just like every other Dolphins offense since then has at least 3 or 4 times per game.

Daboll is not my favorite. I’d like to see a guy with a proven record of emphasizing the run game. We ain’t going into Buffalo, KC, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc late in the year and being successful slinging it 45 times. That’s not our roster.

This team is a couple of guys away from having an elite defense. The QB can be effective with ball control. Those two units can complement each other. The missing element is a strong running game although we also need a couple of receivers who can separate.

Get a receiver and fast lb early in the draft. Lot of mid round picks to get a couple of RB and stock up elsewhere. Get a couple of O-linemen in free agency.

We have a great opportunity to take a step forward but the FO has to have the right vision.

Treat the Tenn debacle as a gift to teach you how to focus our offseason. This is not a roster where Tua is going to throw it through wind on the road.

Daboll is not my favorite. I’d like to see a guy with a proven record of emphasizing the run game. We ain’t going into Buffalo, KC, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc late in the year and being successful slinging it 45 times. That’s not our roster.

This team is a couple of guys away from having an elite defense. The QB can be effective with ball control. Those two units can complement each other. The missing element is a strong running game although we also need a couple of receivers who can separate.

Get a receiver and fast lb early in the draft. Lot of mid round picks to get a couple of RB and stock up elsewhere. Get a couple of O-linemen in free agency.

We have a great opportunity to take a step forward but the FO has to have the right vision.

Treat the Tenn debacle as a gift to teach you how to focus our offseason. This is not a roster where Tua is going to throw it through wind on the road.
My first choice is Mike McDaniels from the 49ers. But Daboll does have some balance to his offenses.

Back
Top Bottom