Dolphins salivating at the speed Jaylen Waddle, Will Fuller will bring. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins salivating at the speed Jaylen Waddle, Will Fuller will bring.

I know he's not everyone's favourite and I understand that but if you put Grant in there to for maybe a jet sweep cause he can't catch a ball over 20 yards anyway, combine that with Waddle n Fuller on the outside it's explosive and probably fastest receivers in the nlf. Unless he gets cut obviously

RPO concepts, as well.

I’m nervous for the RPO potential not because of the receiving threat. But because of the running threat. I honestly don’t believe we have one and will never have one with our quality of RBs.

I think any smart DC that’s worth their salt would take away the pass, as best you can, and DARE the Dolphins to beat them with our running group.

Show me that Gaskin and the rest can CONSISTENTLY take over the game when nothing else is available.

I’m nervous for the RPO potential not because of the receiving threat. But because of the running threat. I honestly don’t believe we have one and will never have one with our quality of RBs.

I think any smart DC that’s worth their salt would take away the pass, as best you can, and DARE the Dolphins to beat them with our running group.

Show me that Gaskin and the rest can CONSISTENTLY take over the game when nothing else is available.
I’d like to see that too

Oh! I’m excited. But I’m not setting myself up for massive hurt and disappointment.
I’m a one step at a time kinda fan.
I agree with you and try to temper my expectations also, however, I will be hurt and disappointed regardless how much I try if they disappoint!!!! So I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the the exceptions I have right now and am thrilled at the direction the team is heading.

I’ll believe that we can run an RPO when i see it, but the more options we have the better we‘ll be ... as putting all the eggs in 1x basket doesn’t usually work ... especially when it comes to playoff football - and THAT is the goal ... 👍

I don't see RPO in that light at all.

RPO is about box counts, and forcing defenders to commit. I'm not sure what an individual's ability to take over a game has to do with it. RPO is about hat on hat blocking/covering, and getting a numerical advantage. You aren't, necessarily, looking for a "home run". You are looking to move the chains consistently.

If that is not your preferred cup of tea, that's fine, but Gaskin (for example) is just fine for that role, IMO.

There are also ways to easily implement in game counter adjustments from RPO, depending on how the defense chooses to respond. It's a chess match that favors a read and react QB skillset, which is exactly what Tua is purported to be. It also gets our RBs away from between the tackles running.

There are many variations on RPO concepts, and many quality vids out there. This is a very good one, that deals with real world examples, both in the collegiate and NFL levels. It has been posted before, but I would encourage anyone interested in the Xs and Os of RPO to give it a watch.

Last edited:
Even though I doubt it happens, just think if Miami does opt to keep Grant around for another year. You could have some sets where you have Parker, Fuller, Waddle and Grant on the field at the same time. While there's reason to question using Grant as a main, top 3 wr, in limited use and in gadget type situations he might have a role. Just think of the stress on a defense trying to deal with Fuller, Waddle and Grant on the field together. That would have to be one of the fastest three wr sets Miami has had in a while.

Last edited:
They have so many options to attack opposing teams' defenses it really shouldn't be legal. They can put Waddle and Fuller on the perimeter and have them run come-backs, deep posts, or 9 routes. Gesicki and Parker at the same time could run the middle seams providing a size mismatch in that area. You can put Waddle in motion and have the other three clear space vertically while Waddle looks for the space on the run underneath. That doesn't even take into consideration Long or one of the RBs holding back to chip and release into the flat as another option. The Matrix is limitless!

Just visualize this... and of course these could also be audibles that Tua checks into if the defense shows blitz to keep them honest...

these are just the sets without a RB

Two TE set (Gesicki/Long)

Parker outside, Fuller outside, Waddle slot...

or...

Long offset TE, Gesicki strong slot, Fuller weak side slot, Parker outside, Waddle outside...

or...

Standard set

Parker, Fuller, and Waddle Trips strong side

Gesicki weak side, outside

Wilson in the slot

There's so many variables.

Gives me a Chubley Von Hardington just thinking about the offense

Even though I doubt it happens, just think if Miami does opt to keep Grant around for another year. You could have some sets where you have Parker, Fuller, Waddle and Grant on the field at the same time. While there's reason toquestion using Grant as a main, top 3 wr, in limited use and in gadget type situations he might have a role. Just think of the stress on a defense trying to deal with Fuller, Waddle and Grant on the field together. That would have to be one of the fast three wr sets Miami has had in a while.
Grant is the #6 or 7 WR on this roster as of now. He'd have to have a ZERO drop camp, preseason, and first month to have a chance on this roster. I think Grant will be traded off of his return skills for a 5th rounder before long.

Back
Top Bottom