Dolphins salivating at the speed Jaylen Waddle, Will Fuller will bring. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins salivating at the speed Jaylen Waddle, Will Fuller will bring.

RPO is nothing more than a PA with the option to hand the ball off. The big difference between college and NFL is that its harder to incorporate longer developing plays because OLs cannot block as far downfield in the NFL.

Enjoy the ride and the entire process. From the time the new coach was bought in and all the beating we took our 1st few games. The entire process all of it and to where we are now.

If you do, then it makes winning the BIG one that much sweeter.

YES!!!!!

RPO is nothing more than a PA with the option to hand the ball off. The big difference between college and NFL is that its harder to incorporate longer developing plays because OLs cannot block as far downfield in the NFL.

That information about the difference of how far OL's can block down field was an "eye opener" to me.

Thank you very much.

That information about the difference of how far OL's can block down field was an "eye opener" to me.

Thank you very much.
That is the drawback with RPO. Most RPO concepts, out of necessity, have the O-line run blocking regardless of what the QB does.

Because of that, it is imperative that the QB make the read almost instantly, and that recievers "read" the play/leverages/counts the same way as the QB.

It isn't easy. That's why it isn't a mainstay of many offensive systems.

That's also why I'm not a fan of running it all the time, and in all situations.

Under/Over he makes it to 8 games before getting hurt and needs to miss time?
Wait........what?..........

Sorry bro, that prop bet doesn't even make sense.

It's not an over/under situation if you already define the number.

Just sayin.......lol

Wait........what?..........

Sorry bro, that prop bet doesn't even make sense.

It's not an over/under situation if you already define the number.

Just sayin.......lol

What? That prop is perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
It all sound great on paper. But I’m going to be cautiously optimistic. It’s along way before the season officially starts.

Guys need to stay healthy and available. It’s unfortunate W.Fuller has a one game suspension.

It’s not going to be easy to win 10+ games next season. It rarely is for most teams except for a few franchises.

Well, we started to be one of those franchises last year, remember.

Smiles up!

Fuller and Waddle for speed, Parker and Williams for length, add either Wilson, if he still has it, or Grant if he's on the team for even more speed.....+ Bowden improving?...wow. Not to mention our good TE room. So many possibilities. That's IF we stay relatively healthy. IF.

BTW does anyone outside of his podiatrist/orthopod know what Preston Williams' injury was?? Other than "his foot". We are absolutely the least transparent team in the league when it comes to reporting injuries. Read the "injury aftermath" column at Football outsiders on Mondays. Many other teams consistently give more info than us. If it's an advantage during the season, OK, but I doubt it still is.

Fuller and Waddle for speed, Parker and Williams for length, add either Wilson, if he still has it, or Grant if he's on the team for even more speed.....+ Bowden improving?...wow. Not to mention our good TE room. So many possibilities. That's IF we stay relatively healthy. IF.

BTW does anyone outside of his podiatrist/orthopod know what Preston Williams' injury was?? Other than "his foot". We are absolutely the least transparent team in the league when it comes to reporting injuries. Read the "injury aftermath" column at Football outsiders on Mondays. Many other teams consistently give more info than us. If it's an advantage during the season, OK, but I doubt it still is.
I think it's just a matter of policy and philosophy that Flo absorbed through osmosis, working for BB.

"Give no more information than is necessitated by league rules, period, end of discussion".

Sucks at times for fans, who hang on every detail, but I can see the thought process.

And no, I don't think anyone really knows the specifics of PW's injury. I've never seen anything other than speculation.

I think it's just a matter of policy and philosophy that Flo absorbed through osmosis, working for BB.

"Give no more information than is necessitated by league rules, period, end of discussion".

Sucks at times for fans, who hang on every detail, but I can see the thought process.

And no, I don't think anyone really knows the specifics of PW's injury. I've never seen anything other than speculation.
Yes. I complain...but then always say something like "well if it gives us an advantage, OK."

Flo, and Boyer, maybe even more, are masters of saying a lot of words in press conferences, without really saying anything. Repeat cliche, talk about daily improvement and work. Generalize to the point of meaninglessness. If you or a writer mentions an opposing player, mention his whole unit, the whole D or O, the coaches, the history, the staff, random vendors, .....etc. So forth and so on. It was funny, Chan and Crossman didn't exactly give things away, but they weren't quite as good at those techniques, so their answers were a little more substantive. A little.

I'm complaining and ranting, but if it gives us a slight advantage in prep...continue this way.

Back
Top Bottom