Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins set to begin OC interviews this week

Yeah, because that's a commomly used descriptor in NFL circles to describe a specific offensive philosophy.

If you want to make up your own term for something, that's fine, but you should at least be able to back it up with some technical definition of what it implies.

"You figure it out"?

That's like when someone has a catchy name for an invention, but has no clue how to make it work.
Let me give you a test. Which of these sound like quick twitch

a) an offense with heavy emphasis on seven step drop backs, well developed routes, the qb holding the ball, and throwing downfield.
b) an offense where the qb is in shotgun or has a short drop back and the routes allow for quick hits and the ball is out

A would be like the old Raiders offense, and B would be like what Sean Payton runs. Which one says quick twitch to you?

Let me give you a test. Which of these sound like quick twitch

a) an offense with heavy emphasis on seven step drop backs, well developed routes, the qb holding the ball, and throwing downfield.
b) an offense where the qb is in shotgun or has a short drop back and the routes allow for quick hits and the ball is out

A would be like the old Raiders offense, and B would be like what Sean Payton runs. Which one says quick twitch to you?
a?

Get over yourself. You sound lIke an ***. If you think no one in the league makes up descriptive terms you have a hopeless lack of understanding of the English Language. People use descriptive language. If you can’t handle it, go pound sand.
Good. We have now established that it was made up.

Honestly? Because I’ve been on this board for 16 years and things have gone to hell in here lately. Not necessarily Mach, because I’ve always liked him, but I thought he was trying to show me up. But there are other posters here who are complete dunces.
Now that! I agree with

Good. We have now established that it was made up.
Yes it was definitely made up. And I adapt phrases that make sense to me. No one has ever tried to show me up over it though. I obviously took offense to that.

Like in basketball, if someone steals the ball and scores a layup, I call that a pick six even though you get two points and not six. It’s a descriptor and people would get it.

It is well known that pitch count is used in a variety of ways in sports, not just baseball. Men use sports references in work situations too.

Honestly? Because I’ve been on this board for 16 years and things have gone to hell in here lately. Not necessarily Mach, because I’ve always liked him, but I thought he was trying to show me up. But there are other posters here who are complete dunces.
I was just having a little fun brother.

Seriously though, there can be major philosophical differences in offenses that, on the surface, appear to be similar.

Payton (NO) is an interesting case, as he has roots in both the WC and EP lineages.

The Raiders of old are more of an Air Coryell derivative.

I'm sorry, "quick twitch" tells no one anything about an underlying philosophy. It is superficial, and nebulous at best.

I know not everyone has the same level of interest in the minutiae of the technical aspects.

I should have just let it go.

Sorry

Also a Michigan fan. Pep is good at what he wants to do but doesn't like to change of of that. He loves vertical route trees. WR goes 10+ deep then opts to go out/in or vertical. These are what hear here college announcers call NFL throws, the WR chooses the route then QB throws. Great for Herbert he has the arm to put the ball in the window in a hurry. The change in the style of offense has really helped Herbert. At Oregon they ran more single WR tree routes where the QB throws before the WR breaks to an anticepated spot. The SD offense will not work as well for Tua doesn't have that type of arm to put it in there after the break. Very few QBs are great at both think Rodgers. We need an offense like Brady has run. Throwing the ball early before the WR breaks. Problem is we don't have WRs that create much seperation early on. Need some quick/precise route runners.

I honestly think a vertical offense would suit Tua. He has an accurate deep ball, it's a shame we haven't seen it much.

Back
Top Bottom