Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Earl Mitchell

AWSOME!!!!

He is on my favorite f/a list, guys that i hope we can haul in. he is a TREMENDOUS player and young AND healthy!!

he can play nose or dt equally well. has some pass rush also which a lot of dt's dont.

TYSON JACKSON is my next on the d-line list. he, like mitchell is versatile and can play 2 positions equally well, DE & DT!! that replaces st5ark as he wore the same 2 hats.

DT hopefulls in this order:

mitchell
jackson
joseph

Jackson going to falcons for physical... They also signed solia and G Anasomah

Hmm, not that Bill Polian is any type of Guru......but he had him graded as an "A" and ranked at the top DT in FA. Soliai was graded as a "C" and not even a top 10 ranking.

Am I missing something here?? Sounds like we got an absolute steal!

Makes me hate Ireland even more to see what Hickey has done already.

10 minutes in and we have only signed 2 players. Hickey sucks! ;)

This is why it's so difficult being a Phins fan. We seem to always find hope in anything possible. With that being said, I like the Mitchell signing.

Earl Mitchell - DL - Dolphins

Dolphins signed DT Earl Mitchell to a four-year, $16 million contract.

The deal includes $9 million guaranteed. Mitchell, 26, started 14 games last season, racking up 48 tackles and 1.5 sacks. As an ideal one-gap 4-3 player, he was widely considered one of the top "sleepers" in free agency. The Dolphins outbid the Chargers to land Mitchell.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Earl Mitchell - DL - Dolphins

Dolphins signed DT Earl Mitchell to a four-year, $16 million contract.

The deal includes $9 million guaranteed. Mitchell, 26, started 14 games last season, racking up 48 tackles and 1.5 sacks. As an ideal one-gap 4-3 player, he was widely considered one of the top "sleepers" in free agency. The Dolphins outbid the Chargers to land Mitchell.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

This is a very good signing for the Phinz........it was critical for our defensive line.

Nice singing! Sad to see Solia and Starks depart for other teams but I'm happy with their replacement.

Hickey having a good start to FA.

I hope Im wrong, but I just dont see it......

Theres a chance some of the top DT's in this draft are already better than him

Is this for real? If so Excellent signing. Our new young Starks.

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI 1m

So Soliai gets 5 yr, $33M w/ $14M guaranteed from Atlanta. Dolphins gave Mitchell 4 yr, $16M w/ $9M guaranteed. Not a huge difference.

The only concern with this is that now we have 2 smaller guys at DT. Without a bunch of beef inside the DL, we need a very good MLB able to take on blockers to keep teams from running on us inside. We don't have that MLB.

This has been my biggest fear when discussing letting go Big Paul and Starks. We were dominated in the run game last year with them here, now we go lighter and the run defense is supposed to improve.??????? I hate not being able to get off of the field on 3rd down and if teams are able to get 4 yards per run, the back end of the "D" will be in trouble facing 3rd and short quite often. We need at least one big body.

Nice singing! Sad to see Solia and Starks depart for other teams but I'm happy with their replacement.

Hickey having a good start to FA.

Agree, we need some new blood instilled on this team.

Grimes, Albert, Mitchell.. Never thought getting a "HICKEY" would be this enjoyable!! :up:

Back
Top Bottom