Dolphins Sign Shaquem Griffin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Shaquem Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You kidding?? If youve been watching him since his college years, this wouldnt be a question. This kid swarms around the ball like theres no tmrw
I actually wasn’t kidding.
That’s why I asked a serious question.
I didn’t follow him in college. Was just wondering, as he’s a linebacker, I was thinking it was important to have both hands to grasp a player to take him down.
Plenty of posts on his talent, so I’m looking forward to seeing him on the field for us.

Serious question.. Does only having one hand, hamper his play?
Or is it a non issue on the field?
View attachment 81428
I remember it was not an issue in college. I really was intrigued by him that year and I'm very excited to see that he landed with us. I think this kid is special and in this defense he may be even… More special!

I actually wasn’t kidding.
That’s why I asked a serious question.
I didn’t follow him in college. Was just wondering, as he’s a linebacker, I was thinking it was important to have both hands to grasp a player to take him down.
Plenty of posts on his talent, so I’m looking forward to seeing him on the field for us.
Anyone who says it’s not an issue is denying reality. Like is there really disagreement here that not having a hand is a downside in football lol?

There’s a reason his twin brother with two hands is getting 30 mil guaranteed contracts and he is trying to make a team. Love the kids heart but let’s be realistic. He’s a ST player at absolute best. Hope I’m wrong but highly doubt it.

Guy has a great motor and enthusiasm, unfortunately, you could see in some of tose plays he was hampered by not haveing both hands. He has a hard time wrapping up and holding on obviously and without that ability, a lot of guys will run through those arm tackles. If he can't get his body on the player, they are going to break most of those tackles. I give him credit for overcoming his handicap and making it to this level but don't expect too much from him. There's a reason Seattle released him this early into his career...
I'm sure all that is true, but you can never measure heart and I think this kids a winner. He doesn't have to be a starter to make a defining play when it matters. I'm getting so excited now that camp is less than a week away. It feels like I'm coming out of hibernation :-)

Weren't we at 91 already before griffin and LeBlanc? And we haven't sign 3 rook. So anticipate 5 cuts in the next couple days?
Someone mentioned that the unsigned rooks are already counted on the roster.

I believe this is true because if you go to the Dolphins team website and count the roster, it adds up to 91 including the three unsigned players.

Someone mentioned that the unsigned rooks are already counted on the roster.

I believe this is true because if you go to the Dolphins team website and count the roster, it adds up to 91 including the three unsigned players.
Thanks. I wouldn't have thought that. So 2 cuts! I call Fedj

Thanks. I wouldn't have thought that. So 2 cuts! I call Fedj
I imagine it is a rule that you have to either carry, or release draft picks, otherwise teams would be playing games with those spots.

I imagine it is a rule that you have to either carry, or release draft picks, otherwise teams would be playing games with those spots.
I wouldn't think you can carry someone that isn't signed. But I've heard of crazier.

Jmo, If we use him as a third down pass rusher he will show you what he’s all about, if we try and allow him to play linebacker the disability will show up..

He has hi level instincts and excellent reactionary athleticism and speed, he has unique nuanced ways to get to the Qb, let him do what he was born to do, Rush the Qb

Last edited:
Special teams and I think he can get a fair share of snaps as a LB....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom