Dolphins Sign Shaquem Griffin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Shaquem Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look people, I’m not a prude but I don’t appreciate the hand jokes. They’re not funny at all, and most of us are better than that. If you’ve made a lame attempt at humor you failed. Delete it or the mods should. The kid is a professional athlete, something none on this board has ever accomplished, and he’s done it despite his handicap. That’s a great story. I live in a military town and there a lot of people walking around just like him missing limbs. You gonna make fun of them? Just stop. It’s ignorant and low class.
Not only that, it's just those jokes are soooooooooo overdone and predictable. Every time there's a story with this guy you see the same dead jokes over and over again.

I actually wasn’t kidding.
That’s why I asked a serious question.
I didn’t follow him in college. Was just wondering, as he’s a linebacker, I was thinking it was important to have both hands to grasp a player to take him down.
Plenty of posts on his talent, so I’m looking forward to seeing him on the field for us.
My first though was interceptions.

Look people, I’m not a prude but I don’t appreciate the hand jokes. They’re not funny at all, and most of us are better than that. If you’ve made a lame attempt at humor you failed. Delete it or the mods should. The kid is a professional athlete, something none on this board has ever accomplished, and he’s done it despite his handicap. That’s a great story. I live in a military town and there a lot of people walking around just like him missing limbs. You gonna make fun of them? Just stop. It’s ignorant and low class.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Flores could probably scheme him with his speed some good sacks

Agree. I technically have two hands but my left hand is severely damaged and required 7 surgeries to gain the limited function I have today. And I lived for two years completely one handed. Was told I had zero chance of getting back into dental school.

I worked my ass off to get re-accepted as a candidate that could only really only use one hand. It's already hard enough to be taken seriously when you are disabled and trying to do something that no one else thinks you can.

And I've heard all the jokes. They never bothered me, but they are usually just lazy and it gets old. Do you know how many times I've been asked how often I give myself a "stranger" if I mention that I don't have feeling in my hand? But every person that's said it prob thought it was clever.

I know none of the people saying this stuff mean any harm. But can you imagine how many times Griffin has heard these jokes. It's probably impossible for you to make one that he hasn't. And bottom line is he's the furthest thing from a joke. He's an inspiration.

When I wasn't sure if it was actually possible for me to go into dentistry, I was connected with a one handed dentist that mentored me and helped me believe that I could do it with enough hard work and dedication. That is what Griffin is doing for kids with disabilities that are currently being told their dreams of playing a professional sport are impossible.

Not only that, it's just those jokes are soooooooooo overdone and predictable. Every time there's a story with this guy you see the same dead jokes over and over again.
The story isn’t that he has a handicap. The story is that he’s become a professional athlete DESPITE his handicap. Yes you.

Agree. I technically have two hands but my left hand is severely damaged and required 7 surgeries to gain the limited function I have today. And I lived for two years completely one handed. Was told I had zero chance of getting back into dental school.

I worked my *** off to get re-accepted as a candidate that could only really only use one hand. And it's already hard enough to be taken seriously when you are disabled and trying to do something that no one else thinks you can.

And I've heard all the jokes. They never bothered me, but they are usually just lazy and it gets old. Do you know how many times I've been asked how often I give myself a "stranger" if I mention that I don't have feeling in my hand? But every person that's said it prob thought it was clever.

I know none of the people saying this stuff mean any harm. But can you imagine how many times Griffin has heard these jokes. It's probably impossible for you to make one that he hasn't. And bottom line is he's the furthest thing from a joke. He's an inspiration.

When I wasn't sure if it was actually possible for me to go into dentistry, I was connected with a one handed dentist that mentored me and helped me believe that I could do it with enough hard work and dedication. That is what Griffin is doing for kids with disabilities that are currently being told their dreams of playing a professional sport are impossible.

This is a fantastic post. Best of the year. Thank you so much for sharing. As I said earlier I work in Fayetteville, NC, home of Ft Bragg, the biggest military base in the US with 80K troops. If you go out in public you’ll see MANY men and women in uniform walking around without a limb. These are the best of the best in our country because they given up so much, and these are the ones who came back. I would never in a million years consider making some lame joke at their expense. Be better people. Show some class

He’s really a great talent. But at this level missing a hand is a big deal. Big time college players don’t always make it in the nfl

Not funny. Low class
Right, how dare I bring up how a player missing a hand might affect his play in the NFL with a slight humor tone...
Despicable.
This coming from a guy who cant fight the urge to start a thread about trying to get a QB with 20+ sexual misconduct charges every other day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom