Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

I think Albert is a better player than Vollmer...I have no issue with Vollmer, but I am not as bullish as you putting him at LT. No games til August 4th so I feel little urgency in this situation. We are only one week into FA.

Perhaps by waiting, I can also assess the draft and see what it would take to jump San Diego to get one of the top three tackles.

Many options available that is for sure.

Makes a ton of sense if the consensus in the building is that Martin cannot handle LT.

Not from a cost effective standpoint. You can get comparable help at less expense in money or draft picks. You take that. Albert is actually older than Winston and Vollmer, and not appreciably better.

Not from a cost effective standpoint. You can get comparable help at less expense in money or draft picks. You take that. Albert is actually older than Winston and Vollmer, and not appreciably better.

Got to point out a miss on your part: Vollmer and Albert are the same age...technically Vollmer is older. Winston will be 30 and is older by year on all of them.

Albert is more talented and valuable than the other two simply because he is an above average LT. The other two are RT's.

Finally, I do not think outside of the top three tackles you can count any of this year's crop to start right away.

With all the great offensive moves this offseason why chance it being risky or sloppy with the strategy up front?

Got to point out a miss on your part: Vollmer and Albert are the same age...technically Vollmer is older. Winston will be 30 and is older by year on all of them.

Albert is more talented and valuable than the other two simply because he is an above average LT. The other two are RT's.

Finally, I do not think outside of the top three tackles you can count any of this year's crop to start right away.

With all the great offensive moves this offseason why chance it being risky or sloppy with the strategy up front?

A miss for me; miscalculated ages based on birthdates for vollmer and winston. Ok, they are all about the same age, and I give you the fact there is great uncertainity regarding Martin. However, I would still avoid Albert and go draft. And I believe there are some viable candidates outside the big three. I like the options in rounds 2 through 4. You could push Jerry outside, use Garner, or give the kid Yeatman a chance. I don't like giving up high draft picks for guys close to or over 30.

Back
Top Bottom