Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

A second round pick and $9mill per season would be absolutely ridiculous.

We just ran off a #1 overall pick just because he "doesn't fit the scheme". Scheme, schmeme. They must have felt like Martin was OK at LT even though the rest of the civilized world realizes he has bust written all over him.

I DO NOT TRUST ireland to come up with a solution. Sign Winston and draft a tackle in rounds 3 or 4 is the best option, otherwise bite the bullet and go after Alberts and pay the price cap-wise down the road. Do more of the same overspending on OL that we have failed at the last decade.

We should have kept Long. We knocked his salary almost in half and had a worthwhile deal in place and then ireland found a way to mess it up.

We just ran off a #1 overall pick just because he "doesn't fit the scheme". Scheme, schmeme. They must have felt like Martin was OK at LT even though the rest of the civilized world realizes he has bust written all over him.

I DO NOT TRUST ireland to come up with a solution. Sign Winston and draft a tackle in rounds 3 or 4 is the best option, otherwise bite the bullet and go after Alberts and pay the price cap-wise down the road. Do more of the same overspending on OL that we have failed at the last decade.

We should have kept Long. We knocked his salary almost in half and had a worthwhile deal in place and then ireland found a way to mess it up.

So based on what you saw from Long the last two years, you would have ponied up 20 million in guaranteed $? How did they knock his salary almost in half? Ireland didn't mess that up. Long took the cash that NO OTHER TEAM was willing to pay. That is the reason Long is a Ram. You cannot overspend on everyone and Long was on IR each of the last two years with injuries. He has the potential of being Boselli 2.0. There are other options out there, no need to panic.

There are other options out there, no need to panic.

Yeah, other option like sign Alberts or Vollmer with injury issues as bad as Long's, for the same money or MORE, and possibly losing a draft pick in the process; or wasting #12 on an OL; or starting bust martin at LT; or trying to get a low-round acorn to become a solid OL.

Jake Long FILLED A NEED. We now have a hole that DIDN'T have to be created. When Long came back from STL ireland should have had a pen in his hand and a pen in Winston's and told them whichever one got to the paper first to sign, has a job in the NFL. Instead we have to play around with all this foolishness now.

Fire ireland. He LOST me over the Long thing once and for all.

Hmmmm
Lets make this simple. Bryant McKinnie........

Lets see qualifications ligit LT on SB winner.....did a fine job..... must keep weight in line better than player changing sides or having back problems...

sign 1 yr while we groom or find a replacement..........done

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
Joe Philbin said he puts a premium on his offensive linemen being athletic. Athleticism over power for him to match athleticism of D-linemen

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

It only makes sense if we trade a 2nd for Albert give him a big contract then trade him for a 3rd 2 years later lol

You add absolutely NOTHING to anything!

Im tearing my hair out if Miami drops 8+ Million dollars a year PLUS A SECOND ROUND PICK on Albert while letting Long walk. Talk about unnecessary collateral cost!

This trade would make no sense from a salary cap or personnel side.

Makes a ton of sense if the consensus in the building is that Martin cannot handle LT.

If they knock the price down to a 3rd rounder that would make it more palatable but still kind of questionable relative to alternatives.

If they knock the price down to a 3rd rounder that would make it more palatable but still kind of questionable relative to alternatives.

I agree there are alternatives. I also might wait a bit until draft day gets closer and maybe KC does the 3rd rounder. I am not sure if they want a franchised tagged RT after they draft a rookie LT. I would "hold my water" right now if I am Jeff.

Holding your water means putting yourself in a holding pattern, doing nothing at the position as you wait for the other guy to crack.

I would not do that. Move on with the alternatives. I'd take Vollmer and put him at left tackle.

Back
Top Bottom