Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

This is an absolute horrid idea. Why give up a premium draft pick for a 28 (to be 29) for an unnatural LT & have to pay him in excess of $8M a year? Why not give that money to Long? Or better yet why not sign one of the two premium RTs in the NFL in Andre Smith (who is only 26) & Sebastian Vollmer? Or a short term one or two year fit with Eric Winston. Then we'd fill a gaping hole without costing us a young piece to build on. We still have immediate gaping needs at CB, TE, DE, FS, G, & IMO WR plus awaiting needs next year in DT & SLB. If Martin doesn't work out at LT this year then address the need next year.

Problem with Smith is that he wants LT money to play RT. Its said he want like 8-10 mil a year. Vollmer and Winston would be good pick ups for much cheaper but r older. If they make a move for Alberts its for one reason and one reason only. They dont think Martin can handle the left side. If they get a LT like Alberts its because of this. I just hope they dont waste our 12th pick on a OT. If they pick up Alberts and pay him a contract similar to Longs new one then fine. or if they get a RT like winston that great too but please just dont waste the 12th pick on a LT.

probably so they can get a 2nd round pick back from trading for Alex Smith. And then they draft Luke Joeckel 1st overall

That logic makes zero sense. If Alberts is as good as some are saying, by that line of thinking they'd essentially be trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick.

We'll probably end up drafting a tackle with one of our first three picks, at least with Albert we know what we're getting.

Ummm.. If we trade for Albert, we're going to have to lock him long term and how much money does he want? I can guarantee you it's going to be in the neighborhood of jake longs contract.. So why not fork up a little bit more money when we had the chance and just kept Jake and held on to our draft picks. Doesn't make any sense. If its for a 3rd then I'm good with it.

So let me get this straight, Albert is already tagged so we are going to end up paying him MORE than we would have had to pay Long?? AND give up a 2nd rd pick?? That makes absolutely NO sense. Use the 2nd to get Sylvester in the draft, and save about 8 million for a younger better player. If this has ANY legs to it I am going to take back any good thing I have ever said about Ireland.

Ireland is under tremendous pressure to win NOW or he won't be here in 2014. He is going to pull every trick out of the hat to make sure we're vastly improved in 2013.

Which the last time I checked is what a GM is supposed to be trying to do, correct??

I dont know to much of Albert but if he fits the system better than Jake did (which he no longer did) then he is worth the money and and the pick unless you can be positive that you can draft an elite LT in the second round

PS you cant be positive about that!!!!

I dont know to much of Albert but if he fits the system better than Jake did (which he no longer did) then he is worth the money and and the pick unless you can be positive that you can draft an elite LT in the second round

PS you cant be positive about that!!!!
Albert was rated 30 out of 32 in run blocking last year. He isn't bad at pass blocking but his run blocking ranks right up there with Les Brown.

Calm down! Lets see what they offer is....

The only way I support this move is if it's a third round pick AND Albert gives us a discount with a deal of around 7 million a year. If it is anything more pessimistic Birdmond is back.

THis is scary to me. Albert and Long were picked in the same draft and Albert is one year older. Why would we trade one of our high picks (2nd) and sign him to 8-9 mil per year. For that, we should have paid Long the same and kept our picks. This would be crazy. At this point, keep our picks, draft a 22-23 yr old beast and that's it.

Please do not over-react and trade for Albert. Please do not. Address the need through free agency, draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round, and stay the course. Trading a 2nd round pick here is completely unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom