Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins undrafted rookie linebacker Zach Vigil makes statement

RFM Talk . . . the only thing that can rival a good Wilson/Tannehill conversation

Hey this is the time of year where i look for weaknesses or cracks in our armor...i know people dont like it but it is what it is...

Vigil plays you guys will find out when teams scheme to attack him in coverage...in man to man thats pitch and catch unless you do him a favor and run a straight line
[video=youtube;Hp7BhMe7jwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Hp7BhMe7jwY[/video]

[video=youtube;Hp7BhMe7jwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Hp7BhMe7jwY[/video]

Where exactly does that play indicate hips? Hes sitting and reading the qbs eyes...i have no doubt he can do that or drop into a soft zone and show awareness

Its the damn man coverage in the middle where the oc runs clear outs and leaves the middle underneath of the field up to vigil and the back has a 2 way go or crosses his face where the problem arises...

That kid has a lot of good qualities but he went undrafted cause of those hips...that simple...he even was asked what he needed to improve most as a prospect and he said his hips...where do you think he heard that? Scouts

Its just too easy to exploit if an oc draws it up right in man coverage...and its obvious as can be on tape...change of direction is an issue

Someone post some gifs of those 4 completions vs vigil in the opener and i will show you exactly what im talking about...i dont know how to or i would show you specific plays for what i saw in that game where there are red flags...not just vigil also...

As an evaluator thats how i look at things...im not trying to ruin the mood here i may spend more time talking about problems in the preseason than positives but it doesnt mean all im seeing is bad things...cause thats not the case...

Vine by David Hyde

[vine]https://vine.co/v/ep1pOtM6HVH[/vine]

He stood out versus the third string competition. Hopefully, he plays sooner versus the Panthers. I want to see if he can play well versus better competition.

[video=youtube;zBCauARnPY4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=zBCauARnPY4[/video]

Vine by David Hyde

[vine]https://vine.co/v/ep1pOtM6HVH[/vine]

I'm rooting for Vigil hard as I'm completely underwhelmed by Misi and Sheppard, but it looks like he's in a zone on this play. Hoops is saying that he's fine in a zone but will really struggle in man to man coverage.

I have the game recorded I'm going to rewatch to see Vigil. But my initial thought was he did very well specifically in run support

I have the game recorded I'm going to rewatch to see Vigil. But my initial thought was he did very well specifically in run support

He did play well, he's a damn good player, his weaknesses are being overstated here IMO.

He's not going to change directions on the drop of dime, but you know what, most linebackers aren't, especially the ones not drafted in the top 2-3 rnds.

But most of the time, as long as he reads the play right, he will be where he needs to be.

He had 156 tackles, and 9 sacks last year, if the lanes are there, which they should be with our Dline, than he will find the ball IMO.

As long as we are talking about a MLB. Sheppard was weak in run support. I felt like he didn't read and react. He waited for the runner to get to his level. By that point its a big gain. I don't want sheppard. I would be fine with Vigil over Sheppard. But misi is 1st team if healthy

I'm rooting for Vigil hard as I'm completely underwhelmed by Misi and Sheppard, but it looks like he's in a zone on this play. Hoops is saying that he's fine in a zone but will really struggle in man to man coverage.

Yeah thats coming forward in a straight line pretty much...not what im talking about...anyways if hes gonna actually play mike in the d at some point i think you are looking at a 2 down guy...i wouldnt try and get away with it in the sub unless i was gonna run a lot of zone behind the defensive front

Not with how much coverage can be isolated...

Im watching it right now...first play hes in man coverage 3rd and 8 about the 310 mark 2nd quarter his responsibility is the back out of the backfield he comes forward to meet the back as he should to let not the back dictate back runs a little outside inside arrow route vigil is flat footed unable to redirect fluidly separation by 2 yards in the in cut...if the qb goes to that back there hes running free away from vigil for at least a 15 yard gain if not more before help arrives

You put that on tape and a good oc sees it and hes gonna attack the hell out of it...thats not a doesnt play it right thing or a not understanding his assignment thing or a lack of instincts thing or a guessing one thats a good old fashioned physical limitation

Watch how long it takes him to get going in that direction...he basically looks like a safety breaking down in the hole but unable to deal with quick lateral movement...we had a safety like that his name was chris clemons

Its a problem...quick change of direction and across his face is ripe for the picking...the nfls loaded with backs who qualify

I think PFF mentioned all the balls thrown at his diection were caught. Nonetheless I'm surprised this thread is this big after 1 game of pre season vs 3rd stringers. We still need to wait more to actually see if this guy is worth hyping up.

Back
Top Bottom