Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

This is always a tough game. I remember a game(don't exactly know which year, but I'm sure everyone that watched it remembers too) that we were up 35 at half and the Jests came back and beat us. Don't get me started on some of the home cookin' that the Jests seem to always get from the officials.

I think Darnold efficiency will eat us up in the short passing game, I would play tight and challenge him to drive the ball downfield.

Not all that worried about Darnold lighting us up. Rattle him on defense and pressure him early. Get the running game going on offense and control the clock. We will pick him off,it's just a matter of how often.

Sure hope you are all right. I have always had an uneasy feeling about this game, was feeling better about it after we beat the titans - until I saw them hammer the Lions

Well the Ravens beat down the Bills and right now the Bengals are making them look pretty average.
Things change week to week in this league.

I would like Miami to win but.....Gase abandons the run game too quick ( he did this in the Tennessee game when he did not need to), Miami makes rookie QBs look like hall of famers, Miami still has big issue converting third downs, Miami still has issues in the red zone, at New York (tough venue), Miami is not stout against the run so New York will pound the rock and it won't be all on Darnold, and finally every time that I have worked the third shift and than watched the fins, they have lost. New York 24 Miami 21.

I can easily see us losing this game...but there's just that feeling that this Dolphins team is equipped to deal with anyone. I can easily also see us beating them and giving Darnold a bad day.

It's a fairly evenly balanced game. I think with an experienced QB, with our RBs and with Gase playcalling we have the better chance to introduce variation and exploit matchups/scheme.

But I think NYJ will execute their more vanilla gameplan better than we might. They were more than double our 3rd down conversion rate in Game 1 and their o-line looks more consistent on run blocking.

Secondaries are both similar enough with a bit more stardust on the Miami side and a bit more speed maybe. But the Jets look very aggressive and savvy back there. Up front we have the advantage on the edge but the Jets have it everywhere else.

Home advantage for the Jets but whereas their first game had a lot of atypical outlier plays in their favour, our win probably could have been by more and wasnt that out of the norm for us, performance wise.

I think it's a coin flip.

Last edited:
With some good coaching you could probably limit what they were doing well on offense. But we have Burke...

I would like Miami to win but.....Gase abandons the run game too quick ( he did this in the Tennessee game when he did not need to), Miami makes rookie QBs look like hall of famers, Miami still has big issue converting third downs, Miami still has issues in the red zone, at New York (tough venue), Miami is not stout against the run so New York will pound the rock and it won't be all on Darnold, and finally every time that I have worked the third shift and than watched the fins, they have lost. New York 24 Miami 21.

You better call in sick dude.

I think this game will be decided by special teams and field position. Going to be a low-scoring game with the punters battling the "inside the 20" game until one team makes a mistake deep in their own territory. The matchup is even.

Fins or Jets win by 3

17-14

We will score at least 24 points, pick Darnold off twice and put him on his butt 3 times. Drake will rush for 115 yards and Gore for another 55.

Most likely outcome:

Miami 27
Jets 17

Darnold didn't score 48 points, he didn't have a great game,his team did he just went along for the ride. And you conveniently changed it to Tannehills team never scored 48 or more points, but you clearly sail Darnold scored 48 points.

Lets see what your boy Darnold does sunday and keep spinning.

Just in case you guys care, I'm pretty confident the game and stat lines will look something like this:

Jets 24 - Dolphins 17

Darnold 8/14 140 yards 0 TDs 1 INT
Crowell & Powell 200 total yards 1 TDs
1 Defensive TD

Tannehill 18/22 185 yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 Fumble sacked 5 times
Drake and Gore 85 total yards 1 TD

Sitton going down will have a monumental impact on our protection and running game...Jets running game will absolutely thrash our DTs and LBs

Yeah, i think it'll be something like 23-17. We just can't go up there flat like last year (when we were coming off the week 1 victory in LA).

Back
Top Bottom