Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

with Gore and Drake running the ball like they did sunday. it will help thill17 out.
one thing I can say about dolphins wr they are fast.. Wilson, Stills and Grants look good. find way to get them the ball.

If Sitton is out, Gore will not have the same success. He established clear lanes and cuts that allowed Gore to optimize the opportunity.

Vegas isn't overreacting, Jets are only favored by 3 at home. But what Darnold did in his first start? 48 points is more than Tannehill has ever scored, and probably the Dolphins have scored in forever. And really they were marching down the field again and got it to like the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left before they took their knife off of Detroits throat and started kneeling.

And did I hear that right that Darnold is the youngest starting QB in the SB era?

And did you hear right the Jets knew Matt Staffords call signals and picked him off 4 times and Matt Castle once. Nah you didn't hear that.:nap:

Vegas isn't overreacting, Jets are only favored by 3 at home. But what Darnold did in his first start? 48 points is more than Tannehill has ever scored, and probably the Dolphins have scored in forever. And really they were marching down the field again and got it to like the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left before they took their knife off of Detroits throat and started kneeling.

And did I hear that right that Darnold is the youngest starting QB in the SB era?

Since you where probably heartbroken about the firing in 2015. I’d expect that you missed week 7 where Tannehill lead the phins to 44 points with 4 tds. And we scored 41 in the first half he was 18/19 for 282 yards. But let’s try to make the rookie look better than Tannehill. And I expect if we tried the 2 nd half we would of put up 60 in that game.

3:47 where they discuss the Jets

Reporter "What is different about playing the Jets"

Ryan " All division games have that extra buzz around them, but the Jets it's tuned up just a little bit more. " "There's always an energy that goes along with playing the Jets."

Damn straight!!!

Also towards the end of the video the reporter asked him about an NFL catch. He said only one time and the attempt was by Jarvis Landry but the pass was behind him.

Last edited:
We definitely have some speedsters for end arounds / Gadjet plays / Qb receiver / Wildcat plays. with Wilson , Grant, Amendola, etc. I'd love to burn the Jets on one or two of theses Sunday.

I know someone on the forum mentioned Albert Wilson can pass the ball but cant find anything on it. In last years superbowl Danny Amendola threw an incomplete pass to Brady and Albert ran a fakepunt in the past.

Here's Wilson and Amendola in action. It's time to embarrass the Jets because they love it.

Nice plays! But I don't think anyone expected that from Brady. However, they would expect that from Tannehill and likely wouldn't leave him uncovered. The guy played receiver for crying out loud and is known as being an athletic Qb.

Last edited:
Nice plays! But I don't think anyone expected that from Brady. But they won't leave Tannehill uncovered. They guy played receiver for crying out loud and is known as being an athletic Qb.

I figured it would have happened by now, it will happen soon or later.

Brady looked like he was running in work boots.

Since you where probably heartbroken about the firing in 2015. I’d expect that you missed week 7 where Tannehill lead the phins to 44 points with 4 tds. And we scored 41 in the first half he was 18/19 for 282 yards. But let’s try to make the rookie look better than Tannehill. And I expect if we tried the 2 nd half we would of put up 60 in that game.
Numbers don't quite reflect what occurred that game. Tannehill wasn't throwing dimes deep down the field of play. These were short, relatively easy throws turned into long TDs in what was one of the poorest defensive efforts I've seen in the NFL.

The 37 points the offense scored:

Matthews caught about an 8 yard slant and turned it up field for a 53 yard TD.
Landry caught a 12 yard hook that should have been an easy stop around midfield but somehow turned it into a punt return on Houston for a 50 yard TD.
Miller took a screen pass 54 yards for a TD.
Landry caught a short pass and got into the endzone for a 10 yard TD.
Miller had an 85 yard TD run.
53 yard FG

Out of the 4 TD passes Tannehill threw totaling 167 yards they combined for around 20 air yards beyond the LOS. The TD passes were all on plays most QBs make multiple times on Sundays. This was truly a case of Houston's lack of effort on defense.

I seriously don't think the Jets are going to be giving the same lackluster effort the Texans did that game. Although it would be nice if they did!

Not to discredit Tannehill's play b/c he was extremely sharp in his placement of the football. As accurate as I've seen him throw. In fact his one incompletion was Sims that should have been an easy catch.

Are you giving Darnold credit for 48 points? You can wipe 14 off that just on special teams and defense scoring.

I have to admit, I have no idea what Sam Darnold will be but I have to say I can't believe how much football fans LOVE rookie QB's. It's amazing, any rookie QB who starts fast is the 2nd coming of Christ until they show otherwise. It's like everyone jumps on board for every rookie QB so that if he turns out to be good they can run around thumping their chests because they were right. I mean we have the better QB for Sunday, September 16th right? Or can folks tell from one game Darnold is already better? If they can they are some sort of special and should look to work for the NFL. I know in the eyes of the national media the jets have the better QB hands down.

You know, Mark Sanchez beat the vaunted Patriots in his 2nd start and the Texans in his first. That sounds a lot more impressive than beating what looked like a clueless Lions team. I guess we'll see what happens but if Josh Allen has a good game I'm going to get behind him so I can someday be right about the greatness of a rookie QB too. It must feel really good because everybody is trying it.

The Jets secondary are almost all 4.6 guys. Marcus Maye is a 4.5 guy. Bowles will have his work cut out masking their lack of speed in the secondary.

protect Tannehill and limit the penalties, and we win pretty easy. it's good he knocked some real game rust off before going on the road. Fitzpatrick, Baker and McMillan should be more settled in too.

Back
Top Bottom