Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

The tempo didn’t really have the effect I was hoping it would out the gate. No dummy snap counts lots of motion based coverage ids (which is expected out the gate) and didn’t really go fast. Hopefully we can build on it but I imagine this week will be a lot of silent snap counts and maybe qb leg lifts pre snap

“Omaha” part of a cadence not for dummy calls. Something I’d like to see change as the year goes along

I looked at the Dolphins' passing statistics today, broken down by things like shotgun vs under center, no-huddle, play-action, etc. The Dolphins were significantly better at picking up yards when they ran without a huddle. A bunch of other people also picked up on this, apparently before I did (CK and some guys on twitter, too). I think there's evidence already that it's working. Shouldn't be surprising to anyone who remembers how good our two minute offense was under Mike Sherman and how bad it was at other times.

Tannehill still needs to kick it up on third down, that’s still a monkey on his back. He also needs to finish drives with scoring in the red zone. He is in real danger of getting shown up by a rookie who’s first TD was a 40 yard bomb. God help him if he can’t do what Darnold can do next game, we’ll be calling for his head. Tannehill showed really good accuracy at about eight yards. As always. Just not on third down. We have to eliminate those self destructive third and long plays due to penalties and our own mistakes.

Exaggeration much?

Where’s junk? Feels like a familiar stench is missing from Jest week.

Knowing signals or calls has nothing to do with the qb identifying coverage correctly pre to post snap ie man vs zone.

And that was staffords primary problem last night.

A cover 2 under corner is gonna continue to sink if you stare it down the entire way. Man vs zone at the lb level etc.

A drop out lb dropping underneath the seam route. You got to come off it

with Gore and Drake running the ball like they did sunday. it will help thill17 out.
one thing I can say about dolphins wr they are fast.. Wilson, Stills and Grants look good. find way to get them the ball.

this week is going be good match up.. our offense vs their defense

I'm not afraid of the Jets.. Detroit played like crap and Jets DB admitted they knew Matt 's signals!!! That wont be the case this division game, I like the match up.. Fins have a great chance of winning this game, of course they need to shore up some things; however, if they can start with a lead and hold it in 3hrs, they got a shot - even the bookies know it, after last night's gm, the spread is the norm home team 3...

I'm not afraid of the Jets.. Detroit played like crap and Jets DB admitted they knew Matt 's signals!!! That wont be the case this division game, I like the match up.. Fins have a great chance of winning this game, of course they need to shore up some things; however, if they can start with a lead and hold it in 3hrs, they got a shot - even the bookies know it, after last night's gm, the spread is the norm home team 3...
we will see. I still got some concern about dolphins and jets. we need win this game and move to next...

It's going to be a close the first quarter then the dolphins will pull away.
41515079_10156592478878498_1240494470433079296_n.jpg

We definitely have some speedsters for end arounds / Gadjet plays / Qb receiver / Wildcat plays. with Wilson , Grant, Amendola, etc. I'd love to burn the Jets on one or two of theses Sunday.

I know someone on the forum mentioned Albert Wilson can pass the ball but cant find anything on it. In last years superbowl Danny Amendola threw an incomplete pass to Brady and Albert ran a fakepunt in the past.

Here's Wilson and Amendola in action. It's time to embarrass the Jets because they love it.

Vegas isn't overreacting, Jets are only favored by 3 at home. But what Darnold did in his first start? 48 points is more than Tannehill has ever scored, and probably the Dolphins have scored in forever. And really they were marching down the field again and got it to like the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left before they took their knife off of Detroits throat and started kneeling.

And did I hear that right that Darnold is the youngest starting QB in the SB era?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom