Dolphins Vs Jets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Vs Jets

We win by 10.

Sure hope you are all right. I have always had an uneasy feeling about this game, was feeling better about it after we beat the titans - until I saw them hammer the Lions

Numbers don't quite reflect what occurred that game. Tannehill wasn't throwing dimes deep down the field of play. These were short, relatively easy throws turned into long TDs in what was one of the poorest defensive efforts I've seen in the NFL.

The 37 points the offense scored:

Matthews caught about an 8 yard slant and turned it up field for a 53 yard TD.
Landry caught a 12 yard hook that should have been an easy stop around midfield but somehow turned it into a punt return on Houston for a 50 yard TD.
Miller took a screen pass 54 yards for a TD.
Landry caught a short pass and got into the endzone for a 10 yard TD.
Miller had an 85 yard TD run.
53 yard FG

Out of the 4 TD passes Tannehill threw totaling 167 yards they combined for around 20 air yards beyond the LOS. The TD passes were all on plays most QBs make multiple times on Sundays. This was truly a case of Houston's lack of effort on defense.

I seriously don't think the Jets are going to be giving the same lackluster effort the Texans did that game. Although it would be nice if they did!

Not to discredit Tannehill's play b/c he was extremely sharp in his placement of the football. As accurate as I've seen him throw. In fact his one incompletion was Sims that should have been an easy catch.

That’s all you do is try to discredit Tannehill And I didn’t say he was going to do anything vs the jets. Roy said Ryan never did what the Jets rookie did in his 1st game. I proved it wrong, Ryan had 84 more yard, 2 more TD passes on 2 less attempts. And to top it off a guy goes 18 of 19 and you still complain about.

That’s all you do is try to discredit Tannehill And I didn’t say he was going to do anything vs the jets. Roy said Ryan never did what the Jets rookie did in his 1st game. I proved it wrong, Ryan had 84 more yard, 2 more TD passes on 2 less attempts. And to top it off a guy goes 18 of 19 and you still complain about.

Problem is under the Tannehill era, we have seen him put up goose eggs against the Bill's and Jets. That's just a reality.

Complain? No, just being realistic about a division opponent who had a rookie debut and look decent. Something some here made sound like a long shot.

Either way it will be a game. Especially if our oline is playing musical chairs in week 2.

Problem is under the Tannehill era, we have seen him put up goose eggs against the Bill's and Jets. That's just a reality.

Complain? No, just being realistic about a division opponent who had a rookie debut and look decent. Something some here made sound like a long shot.

Either way it will be a game. Especially if our oline is playing musical chairs in week 2.

Sorry I didn’t say one thing about the game this week. I guess it’s to hard for the moving goalposts crowd to understand.

Sure hope you are all right. I have always had an uneasy feeling about this game, was feeling better about it after we beat the titans - until I saw them hammer the Lions
The lions were so poorly coached though. Patricia is over his head he looked clueless. It will be close but the Jets aren't as good as they looked

In your own head arguing something different. I said the team never score 48 or more under Tannehill.

Darnold has a great first game of his career and what we hear from Tannehill's fan-club is 'he wasn't tested.' But I can just imagine the jubilation from the same people if we had whooped the Titans like that.

But in reality its probably good for us the Jets looked so dominant. If we were going to Buffalo this week we'd probably not take the game serious, this shouldn't be an issue vs the Jets. I'm predicting a close game and we might get a chance to see what Darnold is made of in the 2 minute drill.

I think you guys all have an unhealthy fascination with Tannehill. Both sides constantly bickering

It depends what side you are on. It's unhealthy if you are on the hate-side.

Fascination is a bit of an odd word to describe Pro -Tanny fans. I can only speak for myself, I know he can play and I do like watching him prove the haters wrong.

It depends what side you are on. It's unhealthy if you are on the hate-side.

Fascination is a bit of an odd word to describe Pro -Tanny fans. I can only speak for myself, I know he can play and I do like watching him prove the haters wrong.
Ooo i know he can play too. I've just given up on defending him to the few who will never come around. At this stage you believe what you believe i guess

Sorry I didn’t say one thing about the game this week. I guess it’s to hard for the moving goalposts crowd to understand.

Moving goal posts crowd?

I predicted a Miami win. I AM high on Drake this year, which I loved last year. Gesiki needs more looks. And Tannehill can't be handing our opponents a chance whenever we do get a lead. His 2nd interception, was atrocious.

People like you should hold your golden child to some set of standards, instead of deflecting any and all criticisms of your chosen one.

Vegas isn't overreacting, Jets are only favored by 3 at home. But what Darnold did in his first start? 48 points is more than Tannehill has ever scored, and probably the Dolphins have scored in forever. And really they were marching down the field again and got it to like the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left before they took their knife off of Detroits throat and started kneeling.

And did I hear that right that Darnold is the youngest starting QB in the SB era?

Darnold didn't score 48 points, he didn't have a great game,his team did he just went along for the ride. And you conveniently changed it to Tannehills team never scored 48 or more points, but you clearly sail Darnold scored 48 points.

Lets see what your boy Darnold does sunday and keep spinning.

Moving goal posts crowd?

I predicted a Miami win. I AM high on Drake this year, which I loved last year. Gesiki needs more looks. And Tannehill can't be handing our opponents a chance whenever we do get a lead. His 2nd interception, was atrocious.

People like you should hold your golden child to some set of standards, instead of deflecting any and all criticisms of your chosen one.

He isn’t my golden child but when some on here. Makes it sound like a player has done something Tannehill hasn’t. I chose to show that he was wrong. Then you come in and quote me and go on a rant about the jets game. I haven’t made one statement about the jets game, but go ahead you are good at spinning it the way you want.

If you can't prepare for and handle crowd noise you don't belong in the league. A Jet game is a Jet game. I think it will be close and I would almost be surprised if the game isn't decided in the final two minutes. Them having a rookie QB is a big advantage and Burke needs to find some ways to confuse and frustrate him. All and all, I think we have a lot of weapons and I think we come out with a win.

Back
Top Bottom