Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

I think at this point I'd rather vice versa.

I'm not opposed that either. Misi is just more of a candidate to get a paycut than Jordan. If you're asking me who I'd rather have entering the season, I'd rather have Dion's upside at a position of need. Draft your LB, Reddick ideally and cut Misi. You've got your 3 starters then.

I personally wanted Alan Branch or Lawrence Guy. Now it'd probably be Hankins, Poe or Marks.

That would be insane without see him thru properly in his 3rd year. But he's not going anywhere this year and I understand the concerns, but if you take a DT outside of the sure-fire top 10-15 then you must allow for their development. DT is one of the most difficult positions to settle into in the NFL.

A more decisive conclusion can be made after next season, but that would require him to have a good amount of snap counts under his belt for it to be made and not be had by another NT.

I'd be more concerned if I didn't see improvement between year one and year two, but I did. And what would be the purpose of letting him go at this point? To save $470k in cap? :lol: I'd rather have the depth.

Well, his cap hits are:

2015 - 6
2016 - 12
2017 - 19
2018 - 26
2019 - 28
2020 - 23

So I believe that's a no. We are just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, not concerned at all. 2018 looks scary until you remember that there will be yet another cap increase and by then he should (if the FO is worth anything) have a supporting staff to take advantage of what he opens up. 2019 isn't much more than 2018, but we'll be talking re-signing and restructure at that point, so who cares. And that's really the point, who cares? Hasn't impacted the team yet and likely won't.

Well, his cap hits are:

2015 - 6
2016 - 12
2017 - 19
2018 - 26
2019 - 28
2020 - 23

So I believe that's a no. We are just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind is already 30. the 2018-2020 cap hits are burtal, especially for a player who is getting old. I always hated this signing, It was supposed to be an instant cure all for our D...oops?

Keep in mind is already 30. the 2018-2020 cap hits are burtal, especially for a player who is getting old. I always hated this signing, It was supposed to be an instant cure all for our D...oops?

Maybe if they decide to lower the salary cap, otherwise, it's fine. He'll likely get an extension by 2019, making it more cap friendly.

lol at people thinking the Falcons are REAL Superbowl contenders now....before the season, Falcons fans wanted Ryan gone (he still threw 3 or 4 dropped picks during their playoff run), they hated Shanahan, and they had no d-line....NO ONE thought of them as contenders before the season...

Shanahan year 2 called his ass off on offense, the Falcons solidified their defense with two solid drafts, Beasley became a beast, they drafted Mack to anchor the o-line and the o-line stayed healthy all year, Julio was Julio, and they lucked up by playing in domes throughout the playoffs...

Why can't in year 2 Gase call his ass off on offense, we draft or bring in one solid guard, Pouncey stays healthy, Xavien/Timmons/Hayes (and whatever LB's we draft this year) add toughness on defense, and we bring in Poe?

Other than Future Hall of Famer Julio, I am not seeing how the Falcons are much better than the Fins....

Again, no one predicted the Falcons to do what they did last year....no one....

I will say this, I think we play them this year, and that is going to be one hell of a game....

You are blowing my mind with this Fins are bigger super bowl contenders than a team just played in the super bowl stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Maybe if they decide to lower the salary cap, otherwise, it's fine. He'll likely get an extension by 2019, making it more cap friendly.

extend a 32/33 year old? this would need to be long term, how many more big $ years you giving him?

You are blowing my mind with this Fins are bigger super bowl contenders than a team just played in the super bowl stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

extend a 32/33 year old? this would need to be long term, how many more big $ years you giving him?

Yes. We're not talking about a RB here. How long term do you think it would need to be? It certainly wouldn't be a contract the size of what he got initially. You guys are really hoping you're right about the dire salary cap ramifications touted at his signing, but it's just not shaping up that way. Rarely is in this league.

Yes. We're not talking about a RB here. How long term do you think it would need to be? It certainly wouldn't be a contract the size of what he got initially. You guys are really hoping you're right about the dire salary cap ramifications touted at his signing, but it's just not shaping up that way. Rarely is in this league.

So we couldn't have had multiple good players instead of Suh? Very weird. The Lions most certainly don't regret not giving out a mega DT contract.

Ah C'mon man, nothing is impossible. It was impossible Trump would win the election ....he did. It was impossible to land on on the moon....we did. It was impossible to beat the British....we did. It was impossible for a woman to win a men's Olympic gold medal....Caitlyn Jenner did. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE....except maybe time travel

It's impossible to win the AFC East. Period.

So we couldn't have had multiple good players instead of Suh? Very weird. The Lions most certainly don't regret not giving out a mega DT contract.

There wasn't much difference in what the Lions offered compared to what we did, so they were willing to give him that mega contract with no regrets. It's silly to bag on the Suh signing, it really is. If we had proper coaching and management this wouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

I would think jonathan hankins grade would be heavily snacks Harrison influenced cause that dude was a monster in 2016...a lot of their success on d ran directly thru him

b/t he and janoris jenkins they struck gold in free agency

There wasn't much difference in what the Lions offered compared to what we did, so they were willing to give him that mega contract with no regrets. It's silly to bag on the Suh signing, it really is. If we had proper coaching and management this wouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

If we had proper coaching and management they wouldnt have bet the house that a DT would suddenly cover up our lack of talent at DE, Linebacker and cornerback. Proper coaching and management would have dealt with the glaring probelms instead. So i do agree that we wouldnt be having this conversation.

The Lions directly replaced Suh with a much cheaper DT then invested money in other aras and they have never looked back. Very sensible.

Suh is a great player but due to other crippling problems having him on our team didnt make the slighest difference in the last two years. Despite having such a high investment on the DL both our run d and pass rush are sub standard

Back
Top Bottom