Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

While he does have some red flags I think Poe would be worth the risk. On the other hand o would much rather splurge for the last decent guard available so we don't have to invest in another high draft pick on the oline.

Also I'm not sure how we come up with money for either of those guys. Maybe my math is wrong but it feels like we should be pretty close to out of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't yet know the details of some of the new deals, but Stills cap hit this year is minimal and I expect Reshad's is as well. I think we cleared more cap on the Albert trade than most realized. I think over 9 mil.

Did you consider the release of Abdul-Quddus?

I think the OTC number had us somewhere around 23mil currently - Dion Jordan is still on the roster making over $3-4mil.

I definitely would not be against this move, but I'd rather spend money on a solid guard... or even a super solid guard along with Webb at safety.

There is no guards worth spending for all the top guys got locked up except TJ Lang and we're not gonna spend too dollars for an older guard

No from what I understand they are among a long list of teams that want a visit. He might not even leave Indy

He has a bad back, his conditioning is terrible and if a team runs no-huddle against you with him on the field you are screwed and essentially playing short-handed as he is gassed quick. With that said at the right price I wouldn't have a problem adding him as he is a total run stuffer on early downs.

U could sign 3 guys for the price of Suh.u could sign DT Hankins & DT Logan & DT Poe all for $10 m a year for the next 3 years and it still be cheaper than SUH.

He has a bad back, his conditioning is terrible and if a team runs no-huddle against you with him on the field you are screwed and essentially playing short-handed as he is gassed quick. With that said at the right price I wouldn't have a problem adding him as he is a total run stuffer on early downs.

No chance is Poe settling for 2 down money. He'll go to a 3-4 type team, play, and be payed like a high priced 3 down NT.

He's one of the guys I was hoping we'd bring in. Because with his back issues he could be a great get on a prove it deal. If his market starts falling into that $5M range you pounce.
Given the number of teams in the chase, I doubt he'll settle for a "prove it."

I'd prefer Hankins, but his contract would be higher I would think. That's a guy, though, who would really complement Suh.

Sounds like we're one of several teams that want him in for a visit. Imagine him next to Suh.

OP I have changed the thread title. The team wants a visit but no visit has been arranged

There is no guards worth spending for all the top guys got locked up except TJ Lang and we're not gonna spend too dollars for an older guard

Since when is 29 an older guard
guards can and have played till their mid 30s at a high level

Back
Top Bottom