Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins want Dontari Poe to visit - Update: signed for the Falcons

It seems like we have the cap space for one more big'ish type of signing. I'd prefer it to be TJ Lang, but Poe would be a remarkable get as well. It would pretty much complete our DL.

I think if we want him we have the $$$ to get him, question is do we want to play for his services...in Gase we trust

You guy are too funny disputing the news some fellow Dolphin fans give. You do not have access to team headquarters that some of the reporters do who are reporting stories, so quit acting like you are the authority. I have seen guys on here being dismissed as B.S. and then an hour later finding out it is true. It seems like this Poe DT is going to Indy and if he leaves without a contract, he has Miami next inline. It could happen, look at Jabal Sheard when he left Miami and got coocoo money on his next stop. The Dolphins don't need to get in a bidding war for this guy, if they can get him on a fair deal, then maybe sign him.

Dontari Poe - DL - Free Agent
Free agent NT Dontari Poe has visits lined up with the Falcons, Dolphins and Raiders.
That's in addition to his visit with Indianapolis on Sunday. The Colts are ready to commit to Poe long-term, but he might be more inclined to sign a one-year, prove-it deal and test free agency again in 2018. While other positions have thinned out, the market for defensive tackle is still relatively strong with Poe, Bennie Logan and Johnathan Hankins all still available.
Related: Falcons, Dolphins, Raiders
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 12 - 10:47 AM

Dontari Poe - DL - Free Agent
Free agent NT Dontari Poe has visits lined up with the Falcons, Dolphins and Raiders.
That's in addition to his visit with Indianapolis on Sunday. The Colts are ready to commit to Poe long-term, but he might be more inclined to sign a one-year, prove-it deal and test free agency again in 2018. While other positions have thinned out, the market for defensive tackle is still relatively strong with Poe, Bennie Logan and Johnathan Hankins all still available.
Related: Falcons, Dolphins, Raiders
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 12 - 10:47 AM

|Lets hope he makes it to Miami. If it was me, I wouldnt let him leave the building.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 25m25 minutes ago
More
Dontati Poe en route to Indy for 1st visit. Colts want him long term but that'll take big $. Poe willing to go 1yr route. ATL, MIA, OAK next

Indy is up first, we might not even be his second visit - if he gets out of Indy

Watching his tape....very uninspiring. I don't know if he's even giving full effort on half these plays. Right now Bennie Logan is a better player...it's not even close really.

Bennie Logan is very good at what he does. I am shocked he hasn't gotten more attention around the league. Unless he has and his asking price is just to high. Eagles should've locked him up last year instead of giving Vinny Curry a deal they no doubt regret now.

Josina Anderson‏Verified account @JosinaAnderson 20m20 minutes ago
More
Spoke to Dontari Poe last night. He said he's "looking forward " to visiting the #Colts. "They're trying to get something done," he added.

while I think he could be a nice addition, he was outplayed this year by Chris Jones and im not too sure of his fit in our D...he has played nose almost exclusively in a 3-4, not sure how that translates to what they would want him to do in a 4-3 with the gap assignments etc...plus, we have a young and getting better jordan phillips alongside Suh...I say pass and spend any money on a guard instead if at all...more so there are cheaper options out there IE Logan and Hankins at the same position, no thanks

Okay now I'm watching his game against the Texans and he's out there beasting...maybe his back was healthy that week, who knows, but this guy is boom or bust. I guess the #1 question is how's his back? If it's good, playing alongside Suh on a 1 year deal, he COULD be dominant, we could get the best play of his career...so I see the intrigue, but it's crazy how inconsistent his play is, one week he's downright bad, the next game he's All Pro

I'd rather spend the money on TJ Lang. I can't believe he's still free and we haven't reached out for a visit. I'd take Poe though, especially on a prove it deal which he's said to be willing to bite on. Probably won't make it out of Indy.

If he's really down for a 1 year deal I say **** the visit.... Get his agent on the line and put the offer in.

Back
Top Bottom