Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Ross has nobody to blame but himself. But yeah, when the least football knowledgeable owner is making better decisions than the GM, there is a serious problem.

That's why this is all so curious......Ross picked him AFTER the Minkah draft to run the team.....I don't get it. Grier has been here for 5 years and has been part of the problem, why wasn't he blown out with Gase ? And he now allowed him to bring in his buddy Flores. So if at the end of the year he does fire Grier, does Flores get canned possibly too ?

The team once again looks like a ship adrift with no one manning the helm. This guy just needs to sell to someone that knows what they are doing.

Minkah fell in the draft and Grier took the bait. See it every draft. Guys start to fall because their not as good as the outsiders think they are, and eventually a team says “I guess we got to take this guy”.

Minkah is a soft, slot corner. Mistake pick. Trade his ass. If we get a first I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Minkah is a very good player, but you see this sometimes with guys who have never had to face adversity. Went to a successful private school to play football that won a bunch of games, then to Alabama and won a bunch of games. He's never been in a situation, as an athlete, where he's had to deal with being bad. IT is hard when you haven't been prepared...some respond by finding ways to work within that situation, some want to run from it.

I understand that these players have a limited "shelf life" and they need to maximize their earnings, so if he wants to go, then let him go.

Minkah is a very good player, but you see this sometimes with guys who have never had to face adversity. Went to a successful private school to play football that won a bunch of games, then to Alabama and won a bunch of games. He's never been in a situation, as an athlete, where he's had to deal with being bad. IT is hard when you haven't been prepared...some respond by finding ways to work within that situation, some want to run from it.

I understand that these players have a limited "shelf life" and they need to maximize their earnings, so if he wants to go, then let him go.

You may want to read this;

Uhhh what? What does that have to do with him picking up the slack at other positions in YEAR 2? Minkah is demanding a trade after ONE rough year in Burke's system and 1 OFFSEASON in the new system after being drafted as a "swiss army knife" DB that can help you out in multiple positions. That narrative dried up so quickly that mommy had to step in to bash the team on twitter, becoming the most vocal & beloved family member since Miko Grimes.

So let me guess this straight. Minkah, "the leader of men, future All-Pro", went from jack of all trades DB to being sooooo upset about being moved around in the secondary that he is demanding a trade after ONE game. And you want me to correlate this with him growing up poor and having a hurricane blow down his house? lol

What a baby at least we know how he deals with adversity

yeah, exactly

Last edited:
Oh please.
Mando is still peeved that Tannehill is gone and we picked up Rosen. That article is worth as much as a piece of toilet paper after I wiped my ***.

Ross was all in on Tannehill until the end of last year. You have the "next Marino" (Ross in 2012) 'take the team to the playoffs' with the QB whisperer and guru Gase at the helm and the following year Tannehill is out with an injury and Ross says: Yeah, get me a new QB.
BS.

They couldn't even get a backup better than Osweiler because nobody wanted to hurt Tannehill's feelings or have a possible QB controversy. Not Ross. Not Grier. Not Tannenbaum. Not Gase.

And if Grier was so wrong and Ross so right why would Ross keep Grier as the GM?

Mando is a piece of **** hack.

Because you don't like the message it's "fake news". Sounds very much like someone else we all know.

But it is curious that Ross chose Grier for running the team after that confrontation (if it happened) so it would be telling to have it confirmed but that probably isn't happening but if Grier is canned after this season it would seem it might have some reality.

But Ross hasn't learned his lesson. He kept Ireland for 2 (maybe it was 3) years after he should have been canned, and it took fans protesting outside the Davie facility to make Ross realize the fans were almost in open revolt,

So once again under Ross' watch the team is a league wide embarrassment. I really don't think we could have worse ownership, I hope he gets tired of all this and sells the team, afterall he is almost 80. Time to retire Mr Ross from the NFL.

Again Ross is to blame he keeps first time coordinators/ not quite coordinators and general managers. It's being cheap on staff. There is no salary cap on coaches Ross should spend his money better.

Jesus. Sorry, this coaching staff and FO are incompetent. How can they not figure out how to work with a young talent?

Minkah was one of Grier’s tent pole picks and he’s just going to give up on him because his handpicked coach can’t figure out what to do with him?

This is the reason Dolphins have sucked for 2 decades. They always hire HCs who need to purge the roster of all talent just to get players to fit their system.

I know his story, his home was destroyed by the hurricane and he had to help rebuild it. No one said anything about him not being a good guy, I am specifically talking about him on the field. Minkah wasn't homeless because his family was poor, dude went to a nice private school.

Did you read the article ? It isn't really about Minkah, it's about Ross and Grier

Back
Top Bottom