Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys

If he didn't visit with the Saints, I'm inclined to believe the compensation has been settled and they are working out the contract details?

I want this done already. The anticipation is killing me.

Three 4s next year and two 3s. That's good ammo for moving up if we don't have to move up too high.

And if we trade back for another 1 or 2, wowza.

usatsi_11893126.jpg

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/21/what-is-holding-up-a-potential-robert-quinn-trade/

And with reported interest also coming from the Saints, the Dolphins are almost assuredly trying to press the issue for compensation. That asking price, which has been reported to be a 2020 draft selection, will be one Dallas will only part with if they have to.

Not good news, huh? Gosh darn it. Well, fck it. Keep him. We have the cap space.

usatsi_11893126.jpg

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/21/what-is-holding-up-a-potential-robert-quinn-trade/

And with reported interest also coming from the Saints, the Dolphins are almost assuredly trying to press the issue for compensation. That asking price, which has been reported to be a 2020 draft selection, will be one Dallas will only part with if they have to.

Dallas will only part with one if they have to? of course.... that's the whole point. MIA can be in no hurry at this point, some team will need help and part with a late pick- not sure a 4 but still.

I assume at this point, trading Quinn may have to wait until after the draft? Is there any urgency for either team involved to do something before then?

nobody ever wants to give up anything. But if we have what they need, just wait them out. The pressure/urgency is on them and if others are also interested, even better

I assume at this point, trading Quinn may have to wait until after the draft? Is there any urgency for either team involved to do something before then?
I think he could be moved during the draft even. Maybe some 43 team misses out on a prospect they like and gets desperate

The Cowboys and Saints are just going to wait out Miami. They know Quinn is no longer a fit for the defense Miami will now run. When Miami eventually releases Quinn, there could be a small bidding war for his services, especially if the Jets enter the picture at that point. They are being smart about the Quinn situation. They know Miami will release him at some point.

The Cowboys and Saints are just going to wait out Miami. They know Quinn is no longer a fit for the defense Miami will now run. When Miami eventually releases Quinn, there could be a small bidding war for his services, especially if the Jets enter the picture at that point. They are being smart about the Quinn situation. They know Miami will release him at some point.

Probably the case, but thats what people said about Tannehill also, and they were able to trade him. Hopefully they get scared being outbid by another team and pull the trigger.

after picking up his bonus the odds of that went way down

They paid his roster bonus. If he was going to be straight cut, it would have been before then. At this point, he’ll either be traded or carried on the 53.

Miami paid a $1m roster bonus. Does that guarentee the remaining $11M plus left on his salary? If it doesn't guarantee it, they can cut him.

Miami paid a $1m roster bonus. Does that guarentee the remaining $11M plus left on his salary? If it doesn't guarantee it, they can cut him.

Correct. The rest remains unguaranteed and paying that bonus does not mean they won’t cut him.

But I am pretty confident they get a trade done. No rush here.

They know Quinn is no longer a fit for the defense Miami will now run.

We are nowhere near having the personnel to run a 3/4. I’m not sure they’ll be able to run it this year unless they draft for it or force it.

Back
Top Bottom