Dolphins win Monday Night | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins win Monday Night

I actually like the idea of winning this one, as long as we lose to cincy.

best Pitt to sweeten that pick, get some media monkey off our back, go 1-15 and still secure #1 overall

Your playing with fire if that's the case. We wouldn't secure the No.1 pick just by losing to Cincy, there is no head-to-head tie breakers in draft order. Strength of schedule and coin flips.

By beating Pittsburgh your also in fact strengthening Cincy's SOS tie-breaker.

Cincy's divisional opponents are a combined 9-10. Miami's divisional opponents are a combined 13-6.
Not good news.

Divisional games carry twice the weight of opponents faced only once. Thankfully we play the NFC East this year so that will counteract the weight of New England and Buffalo's 12-1 combined record.

Cincy's out of conference NFCW opponents are a combined 18-8-1. Miami's out of conference NFCE opponents are a combined 10-18.

Very good news.

We both play Jacksonville this year so that game is a wash.

It's very possible the Chargers and Raiders decide who gets the No.1 pick.

DEFINITELY root for Oakland at all costs this year.

This week's games of interest.

Raiders over the Texans would be especially nice.

Bears over Chargers is needed here.

Browns beating the Patriots would be a HUGE SOS swing but can't get your hopes up.

Jags over Jets, Eagles over Bills would be greatly appreciated.

Bengals at Rams, Dolphins at Steelers, it goes without saying.

Games of major importance down the road.

11/7 Chargers at Raiders. Prime time SNF.

11/17 Raiders at Bengals. 4:25 P.M.

12/22 Raiders at Chargers.

I'm not going to root for any grown man playing a kids game to get hurt. However.

If Tom Brady, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson or Phillip Rivers miss some time do to injury, that's a plus (for different reasons).

Guys we need healthy are: Lamar Jackson, Jimmy Garapollo, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Kyler Murray.

I am good at finding things to keep my crazy mind occupied.

Last edited:
Prime time game, Steelers aren’t getting embarrassed at home. Rest easy Tua tea baggers.

We gonna win it baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Dolphins!
Explode the Tank!

I don’t believe the Dolphins will beat the Steelers but in regards to your question, which picks would I rather have. I would gladly take two top ten picks over the top pick and pick 15. Give me 2 and 9 and I would be a happy camper.

Of course I would be very happy with Burrows instead of Tua. So getting the second pick is no issue for me and I think there will be a better player at 9 than at 15.

I thought head to head trumps strength of schedule...

Prime time game, Steelers aren’t getting embarrassed at home. Rest easy Tua tea baggers.
idk because Mike tomlin's tebure as coach has been littered with "should have" or "barely beating" bad opponents. His teams come out very lazy against teams like us because they worry about the next week.

Look what happened against the raiders when he let Ben sit and waited until the last minute to put him in again last year.

I don’t know how we can predict beating anyone. We are the worst team in football. Our points differential is so incredible it looks like a misprint. Ryan Fitzpatrick is incapable of winning a football game at this point in his career. Even when he was younger he was barely capable. By the way, that INT he threw last week was a high school QB decision. He sucks and will ensure we lose.

I don’t know how we can predict beating anyone. We are the worst team in football. Our points differential is so incredible it looks like a misprint. Ryan Fitzpatrick is incapable of winning a football game at this point in his career. Even when he was younger he was barely capable. By the way, that INT he threw last week was a high school QB decision. He sucks and will ensure we lose.

Can't predict it, but it's likely

I thought head to head trumps strength of schedule...
https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/
In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
  3. Strength of victory in all games
  4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
  5. Best net points in all games
  6. Best net touchdowns in all games
  7. Coin toss

I’ve had this one circled since we traded minkah. This is the game I want us to win.

Back
Top Bottom